1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

As for Contaminated Water, iirc, you get that from running any liquid through a centrifuge.

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Why are you looking for Contaminated Water?

If you need Liquid Iron, go to any Metallic Moon, and set up a rain trap. Just..... don't touch the liquid yourself (make sure it can't touch you)

You'll soon have hundreds of Liquid Iron.

All mods go in the

\starbound\mods\

folder. If you have a .pak file, it goes in there. If you downloaded a zip, that zip should have its own folder. Frackin'Music, if downloaded from github should have a folder called "frackinmusic" with everything in it. Put it in \mods\ so that it looks like this:

\starbound\mods\frackinmusic\.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

If you downloaded FU as a .pak, then the FrackinUniverse folder should be the frackinuniverse.pak instead.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    FrAndromeda, renbear and inlinebiker like this.
  3. LuckyRare

LuckyRare Phantasmal Quasar

Because I accidentally placed one and I need them for a quest x.X

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Oooh. I should do the quests sometime, lol.

But ya, dump some water or somecrap in the centrifuge.

I think sometimes you can find it in bogs or what-not, but if you only need a few.... no sense running around everywhere looking for it.

5. LuckyRare

Which Centrifuge and does it have a timer, and is it any water or a specific liquid and what is the amount?

6. inlinebiker

inlinebiker Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for the clarification I appreciate it now its time to start all over!

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Any centrifuge, and nearly any liquid will work. I said water, because... well... water tends to be the easiest to get, lol. And you'll see when you put it in, lol.

But you gotta make sure the centrifuge is powered up -- IIRC, 2v for the normal and 3 for the advanced.

NOTE: NOT the BEES! centrifuges!

You want the Lab Centrifuge or the Advanced Centrifuge, NOT the ones you make at the Apiary Crafting Station.

8. LuckyRare

Got it, thank you.

9. Awbawlisk

Awbawlisk Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, just type "/admin" in the chatbox, then type in "/spawnitem liquidwastewater [# of it you need]"

As for where to find it, legitimately... I would sometimes usually stumble across it on Wasteland planets. Thing is though, those planets won't ALWAYS have it. But that was just my experience though.

10. Kowasenai

Kowasenai Space Hobo

Quick question, will I miss out on anything if i continue on a character I started before I installed the mod? Because if not what's the new quest hub?

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Just /spawnitem a sciencebrochure (I think that's the name of it) and it will unlock the "mission" to go to the science outpost.

12. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

What with the way contaminated water can be used to make iron, and the fact that the quest system can look back on a crafting chain, some of those tenant quest chains that lead up to them asking you for something iron related can be difficult to complete early on. :p

13. LuckyRare

That quest actually taught me how to make Liquid Iron, can't complain xD

14. Crabber

Crabber Void-Bound Voyager

Extraction Lab.Rotten food -> Generic Item. It is normal?

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

update to get this caught up to Steam and Github coming shortly.
    --- Post updated ---
    crabber, it should be dropping mulch, not PGI. my bad. ill fix that later.

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Gah, I threw away so much rotten food... lol. Ah well at least now I know.

17. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

Hi, sorry if this was answered before. I played a lot in the early days and sadly 1.0 has left me wanting, I feel as though the game is short ,easy and lacking. I am looking for mods with lots of content that add some end-game stuff as well. This mod seems to add a ton, is it what I'm looking for? If not is there another you'd all suggest?

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

tons of little fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Depends. Do you like the thrill of discovery, do you like exploring and experimenting with materials to discover new stuff?

If so, this mod is for you!

Do you enjoy building large buildings?

This mod highly encourages you to build a laboratory (and probably a greenhouse to go with it lol).

20. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I suppose my current issue is that I'm at end game in >8 hours, and found it silly easy to get there. So I'm looking for ways to increase the difficulty a bit make exploration better. And some end game. I realize there is a lot of new biomes this adds. My question is, is it like vanilla, where fiery stars only ever spawn doom planets? Or can you find forest planets around them for the same biome feel but more difficult encounters?