Dev Blog Starbound is Leaving Orbit on 22 July!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Sa1men

Sa1men Space Hobo

See localization in version 1.0 I was not thinking. Just wondering, is such a large-scale project, why not localize it into other languages? :)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

There's a lot of text so it can't be the main focus when there's other things to complete.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. XZile

XZile Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glitch Rule?? haha

Wait until the Florans evolve..

emeraldgreen72 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Tweakz

Tweakz Void-Bound Voyager

Ready to rule the Galaxy! the update hits this evening... downloading... wooohoo

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Jimlad 42 and Germaine like this.
  5. Antonioko

Antonioko Void-Bound Voyager

I'm just downloading it! So excited :)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

We have reached the promised land; I repeat, we have reached the promised land ladies and gentlemen.

It was a long ride Chucklefish, you scared us on many occasions, but you stayed true. Damn I'm proud to say I'm a Starbounder. *SALUTE*

Aeryc, Jimlad 42, Lodish and 2 others like this.
  7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Tsk, steam is trolling me, it refuses to download and stops at 22mb

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Le_Chat_Sauvage

Le_Chat_Sauvage Seal Broken

Hi, i can't get how it works to run a dedicated server to play with my friend. I remember an easiest way to play online a few months (years?) ago. Any help?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Ryudo Kaze

Ryudo Kaze Subatomic Cosmonaut

And the flagship leaves the dock. A grand salute to the work you've done so far o grand team of Chucklefish. (◎`・ω・´)ゞ
    Now I shall partake in the grand exploration! Have fun, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. MarioKart7z

MarioKart7z Void-Bound Voyager

Is impervium furniture unobtainable now? i really liked it D:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. byteme

byteme Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks chucklefish devs! As a group of six people that have been holding off playing until version one, we are naturally going crazy. It is time...

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. DWAlpha

DWAlpha Pangalactic Porcupine

I wish I could play but the game won't load. Installed the update steam does its first time install crap finishes and then... NOTHING!

No starbound loads so I've deleted it and reinstalled to see if it will work that way.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. ShockMonkey

ShockMonkey Void-Bound Voyager

Game on!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Torque

Torque Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wathing 1.0 launch trailer almost bring tears to my eyes.
    PS. It's a pity that we don't get a little sale but the game anyway is so worth that 14 euros :nuruwink:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Germaine

Germaine Poptop Tamer

Yesterday i had a blast playing the 1.0 for the entire rest of the day, and i'm loving it so far. Especially the story quests and the good loot, not to mention all the other new features added to the game. The difficulty for the story quests is alright, i assume because i found awesome gear all the time, but i started a game on survival (god only know why i thought i give it a try), and i have to admit that the hunger system is infuriating, i can't imagin how this is making the game more fun to play for anybody, because the rest of starbound simply doesn't seem like a survival game, atleast i think. I luckily only died 2 times so far, both times while attempting to kill ixodoom and i managed to kill ixodoom with 1 hp left the 3 rd time, but you loose somany hardly earned pixels and health items, that you kinda run into a devils spiral over time, were it's just going downwards. My problem now is that i have to continue playing on this mode, because i already love my character and some of the random fashion i got. I had to add all the pixels i lost, back to my player file so that i can continue playing before starving and dying for lack of food and health items again and again. And i will continue to a pixels to my player file, because it makes the game more fun to me, although i planned not to cheat while playing trough the story, this can't be considered cheating, i'm just taking back what was mine in the first place, lol and i will not add any items to my player file. I think i'm not gonna like survival mode or hardcore any time soon, these modes should't count as main game modes as far as i'm concerned. The game should have a easy, normal, hard, survival, and hardcore as game modes and the higher difficulty the better drops, so the easier it is to find legendaries, that would make the higher modes worth pushing yourself trough atleast. And the hardcore mode should't even exist as far as i'm concerned, i think it just doesn't fit to the rest of what starbound is, it's a never ending adventure. What's the point in hardcore mode, your going to die at one point anyways and loose everything you worked for so hard. Player dies* 'Awww man, hehe, played 40 hours and then a random bird killed me, i lost everything, too bad, anyways i will start a new game and try to survive 40+ hours. What a waste of lifetime. I'm satisfied with the rest of the game, i will play the entire next week and if i run into trouble, i will just add pixels to my player file so i can buy food and health items. Eventually i'l make a new character and fly trough again. But i hope you developers will let me switch to casual mode trough options menu with the next update. Also, please add a option for people to change their characters name, why should't this option exist, it doesn't make the game more logical or illogical if it's available. Now i'll continue playing. Greetings starbrethren, have fun playing starbound 1.0!!!!!!!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Kitler

Kitler Void-Bound Voyager

I'm enjoying the story but the only issues I have so far that are extremly infuriating are:
    • Deadly drop of performance. I have about 10 FPS playing the game but on the previous update I had much more.
    • Lack of customizing your difficulity mode. I want to experience hunger but not lose my items. I'd rather have pixel loss like in Casual.
    • The hotbar is absolute cancer, not gonna lie. You can't use shift to quickly pass items inbetween the inventory and hotbar like you could before, instead I have to mouseclick and drag that to the hotbar if I need it, which makes learning the controls of the new hotbar confusing aswell if you even can swap items. From what I've noticed the new hotbar is made for combat, which I'm not really into. At least add an option to have the old hotbar, or make the current hotbar better and more easily managable for everyone.
    These three points happen to be an important part of the game yet they seem to fail many. I'm really happy for the release and all, frankly I'm relieved after waiting for so many years but I'm surprised there are some things not polished at this rate.

Jimlad 42 and Germaine like this.
  17. Germaine

Germaine Poptop Tamer

I agree, item loss on survival mode is really a pain. You need to store your items on the ship more frequently, it helps a lot. I'd be ok with 10% pixel loss too, but 30% is just toomuch. And i dislike the hotbar too, it even disapeared completely at one point, so i had to restard the game. The game runs much more smoth for me since i updated, however, i still see terrain is loading to slow sometimes.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. 5307

5307 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes the old hotbar was better..

Pingeh and Jimlad 42 like this.
  19. StarWalker

StarWalker Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really disappointed about vehicle selection, Why no subs in a game full of Ocean and other liqud covered planets. Why is the end game really lacking on more powerful tools for construction. I hate to make a comparison to terriara but by that games end game, you could get a flying vechicle that allowed you to massively change the land, I would love to havee mechs, subs and better farming tools. Hell a creature building tank or a plant buster for resources would be nice. I feel like 1.0 launched with less fan fare than the some of the older Stable editions. Still a wonderful game but a lot is missing.

I miss the races being more deserve than just their ships and armor.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. volrath17

volrath17 Seal Broken

pls, localized this game in italian language

Jimlad 42 likes this.