1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Starbound 1.4+] Playable Fenerox! 1.8.0 + 2020-07-31

Makes the adorable Fenerox species, playable!

1. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

2. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

WELP THAT WAS FAST

3. betailas

betailas Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, the game just does not want to start with this mod :cry: Without - starts, with - no. I have the latest Nightly Staem version, no other mods installed.

4. TanzNukeTerror

Weird. Works fine for me. Did you make sure to install 'Additional Species 1.modpak' as well?

[​IMG]

5. TanzNukeTerror

6. TanzNukeTerror

No update tomorrow morning, but I've started on the ship.

I've designed it, and am working on the tile files. Then I can get to work on converting the ship objects and such. I might release an update when the ship is mostly complete. The artwork will take a while, though. So the 'playable, but not pretty' version of the ship will most likely just be boxes with walls.

7. Asheilias

Asheilias Seal Broken

I love this mod. I was dissatisfied with the current species til I found this mod and now I'm an adorable menacing critter. But it must be hard to really determine where to go from here. We barely even know these creatures :rofl:

8. TanzNukeTerror

9. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror updated [Cheerful Giraffe] Playable Species: Fenerox! with a new update entry:

Update for 2016-07-07

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. oodoo147

oodoo147 Aquatic Astronaut

Never mind the bug was just the ship background, which was already covered:facepalm:

11. TanzNukeTerror

Yeah, no worries. That stuff's all wiggy 'cus I just wanted to push what I thought was going to be the last 'restart your stuff' update, but it turns out that won't come 'till 1.0

There's already been a few changes to the base game that would require a restart.

12. hypergen8

hypergen8 Guest

So I followed the Installation guide, and starbound isn't reading the file as a mod, can you please help me?
    [​IMG]

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Could we get screenshots of said ship? Just curious, and the ship is one of two major things about playing a new race.

I'm waiting for 1.0 before doing any more playthroughs, as the one I have going on Unstable is 99% done so I'll just wait the 2-3 days but in the meantime, I wanna keep an eye on this mod... but I'd love to see screenshots of the ship to know what to expect.

14. questklonoa

questklonoa Master Chief

I'm having a similar issue as well. Even after following the steps for the installation.

From what I've heard, .modpak no longer works, which means at the moment, the mod isn't working now, because the mod uses .pak. Will there a fix for it if possible? Or is there an alternative way?

15. TanzNukeTerror

I haven't updated for 1.0 yet. But don't worry. I just want to make sure I've at least finished a ship pet before I do.

At the moment, it's just rooms. Some have Floran ship backgrounds floating off in some random corner. The art for the ships is far from being complete. But yes, as soon as the ships are complete, there will be screenshots. c:

16. LordDes_KitCat

LordDes_KitCat Yeah, You!

pleaasee updaate to stable 1.0 i really wanna plaayy this raaceeee

17. TanzNukeTerror

18. TheDerpySupport

TheDerpySupport Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like to request that the hairstyles for the fenerox be vanilla-based along with one of their starting outfits if it's not already one :>

19. TanzNukeTerror

Everything will be.

The purpose of this mod isn't to stand out with insane additions and crazy objects.

It's to blend in well enough with the game that you almost can't tell it's a modded species.

20. TheDerpySupport

TheDerpySupport Subatomic Cosmonaut

So there will be no unofficial hairstyles right? As far as I have seen fenerox have no hairstyles and really there are only like 2, maybe 3, race colors for the fenerox