1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadow Planets

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DalisGura, Jul 21, 2016.

1. DalisGura

DalisGura Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone have any idea what role the Shadow planets will play in the main story? Will they even survive Liftoff? (1.0 release). Also a note of the midnight biome. Is showing up in weird spots in the unstable version

2. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

...shadow planets?...

is this a spoileriffic post?

3. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably not, I think this is just referring to Midnight biome planets, which are primarily composed of shadowy material.

4. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

I think they are cool. But for there overall story effect I have no clue. They said something in one of those dev blogs some time ago when they first showed off those slender like egg guys.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  5. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

Orbides! Native to the Hive minibiome which appears on Midnight and Volcano planets (possibly others, idk), and one of my overall favorite looking uniques.

6. Sallen

Sallen Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you have been playing unstable, bear in mind that what you're seeing is 1.0. If you're playing nightly you even get the bug fixes that will come with 1.0. So it's pretty much confirmed that they will survive 1.0 (why wouldn't they btw? I haven't gotten that far, so I don't even know what they are).

EDIT: Tiy himself confirmed this in the "Road to 1.0" or the "Starbound 1.0 Launch Date Announcement!" video. He specifically said the only difference between unstable nightly and 1.0 would be bug fixes and steam workshop support.

7. DalisGura

DalisGura Void-Bound Voyager

I feel that the Midnight planets are a Chekhov's Gun. They have to serve some kinda role ultimately in one story arc or another

8. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Likely post-Release.

Else they provide a good foundation for a modder to build over.

Makes me wonder if some of their items are involved in Koichi's post hylotl-dungeon museum quest.