RELEASED 2CUTE FarmCave w/ Legend of Zelda-like fairy hotspring & also an underground library. UPDATE: 7/19

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Jul 19, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Hahaha omggg yes. Then the only crop you should grow is wheat...thats tainted.

cankersaur, Minakie and Zalkyria like this.
    • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

dropping weed jokes wherever you go

cankersaur and taintedwheat like this.
      • taintedwheat

Youuuu knowwwww

(Also i plan to add that into my rotation of what to do once i get settled in. I really gotta bust out the seeds and seed packets and get lookin into editing the data)

MayaMayhem, cankersaur and lannihamm like this.
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

OH NOES! You've been tainted by tainted wheat, the horror! :p
          --- Post updated ---
          If anyone is annoyed by the lighting glitches that can happen, the new ALL 1.1.7 fixes them, even if you do not have any ALL mods installed!

MayaMayhem and taintedwheat like this.
          • kashue

kashue Master Chief

I can confirm the new ALL fixes the lighting issue in the cave and the 2 cute house upgrade basement/attic. Great work Entoarox!

As for using Zippy's patch (taintedwheat mentioned it in a couple places), I installed it, and yes, you can place furniture pretty much anywhere, and it appears to save and load correctly. The only odd thing I found with it is that you will be able to walk through constructions on the farm (coop, barn, stable, etc.), and walk through livestock (chickens, horse, cows, etc.). I think that is because the patch overwrites the collision detection method in order to have collision on the furniture outside the farmhouse. Not a huge deal, all the other collision with people, buildings, trees and such work as expected. And walking through animals is actually kinda helpful.
            (* Edit * Actually, it looks like Advize's farm extension or Tego's extension causes the odd collision detection when used with Zippy's patch. Not sure how that happened, not a big enough issue for me to dig around more unless I discover serious side-effects to this.) (* Edit Again * Hmm, tried with original files, no mods, and the issue is still there. Maybe the patching utility does something weird with certain OS configurations. It looks like not everyone has this problem.)

Anyway, thanks for all the awesome mods taintedwheat and Entoarox!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
              taintedwheat likes this.
            • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

True but yours in nicer and so much cuter.
              --- Post updated ---
              Where is Zippy's patch will you put in a link.

• taintedwheat

Sweet once i set up my rig i cant wait for the update, slick work, cake man!

<3 <3

Haha, thx you, i do really appreciate that!

Uhm, I'm too busy too check (in the process of making ikea furniture and moving) but its in the mod subforums, the name escapes me but I think its like carpentry mod? Not sure ):

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

It's here, @Coolwyngs .

Ughh..After that, tIDE should be a piece of cake :D

cankersaur and taintedwheat like this.
                  • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I would still love to see a wine room, a storage room, and a cheese room added to your mod they would be so cute and cool in your style.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I know, right?
                      I've been refraining to ask those lately though 'cause I think I read somewhere that sheds are getting released on the next update and I wanna see what those look like.

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

adorable, nice job :kawaii:

taintedwheat likes this.
                        • taintedwheat

@Coolwyngs @Minakie -

Yeah, I think I am going to wait for the update with the shed. If there is only one type I will probs do such a thing to the barns/coops first - at least giving an isolated area for respective machines. -cheese, mayonnaise

My cellar is a cellar... x.x those are used for booze

I also want to fix the slime hutch interrior.
                          Idk man

MayaMayhem likes this.
                          • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Yes please do! I'm intending to use mine as a brewery and I know you'd make something super pretty!

MayaMayhem likes this.
                            • deukahng

deukahng Big Damn Hero

Would there be a version with only that bitchin library? The rest is gorgeous as well, I just don't need all that extra space! D:

• taintedwheat

Uhm... well, if someone wants to bellow out the 2nd floor, sure. Idk if I really want to after trying to work with all that space and removing some already from the original model I took this from in the process to create this FarmCave map.

I'm sorry, I just put too much love and care adapting this into what want I wanted. I dunno if I have to heart to *cave* (pun intended) out the hot-tub area when I took hours putting it in there <_>

• LuthienNightwolf

@deukahng Dude, keep the hot tub seriously. Its SO worth it. lol

I'm using the library as a bit of a storage area right now, since my house is tiny and I don't want to keep things outside. I'm thinking I may use the other side (the "empty" floor, if you will) to do something decorative and pretty with grass and some of the paths. May not serve a huge purpose, but it'll be nice to look at when I walk through there. :3
                                  --- Post updated ---
                                  I've spruced my cave up a little bit and thought I'd share in case someone wanted some ideas what to do with the open spaces. I just placed the grass so it's patchy but the intent is that it will fill the whole area in (I don't know if it will spread on it's own or if I'll have to buy more starters). Alternated the two stone cobble paths to fill in the walking area, it has a nice contrast with the dark dirt inside the cave. :3 Farm Cave.jpg

deukahng, lannihamm and taintedwheat like this.
                                  • taintedwheat

Wow! That's super inspiring! Thank you so much for showing off your cave to everyone!

It really shows that there is some potential there to have fun with it! thanks so much n.n

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                                    • LadyEllesmere

LadyEllesmere Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
                                    • Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have two mods, the super-easy fishing one and the bby version of the cave. When I entered the cave, my game crashed, so I had to swap the original FarmCave back in. I haven't reached the end of the first week of the first year yet, could that have something to do with it?

• LuthienNightwolf

If you guys are using a different farm map it's probably a warp point issue. And that's pretty much all the advice I have. @taintedwheat would be the one to ask, she's far more knowledgeable about that stuff.