Building/Ship The Republic of San Leone

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Beatrice, Mar 6, 2014.

1. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry, this one I definitely missed.

I am not planning to recreate all of your buildings and especially not whole villages. This would simply be way too much work for one alone. They not only need to be recreated in the editor but also heavily tested ingame (if one takes this serioulsy, what I am) and adopted/changed where necessary.

I was/am thinking more about a collection of different styles from different people for different biome types. More a "best of" from different creators and not a truckload of buildings just to fill the universe.
    I am thinking of a high quality MOD to add to the universe, not to fill it with as many buildings as possible.;)

And thanks for giving me your okay.

Beatrice likes this.
  2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Sure. However, as I also post the buildings of my villages seperately, you can take them individually if you like something, without recreating the whole village.

And sometimes I also like to do only some decorating stuff, like the Leeven Lion heads. Always nice as ruins of a lost civilization.

And SO.... Here it is... I was a bit under pressure :D

Enjoy!
    --- Post updated ---
    Some last Screenshots from Concordia. Here the Library:

[​IMG]

Tamorr, tmape, ODST 4900 and 7 others like this.
  3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

R.I.P Rebublic.

long live the new republic.

TheFloranChef and Beatrice like this.
  4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

The Quaestorium, the planned market hall. Under it, I wanted to store all the stuff in Starbound.

[​IMG]

Yes, bye bye...

[​IMG]

(Yeah, this is @BreacK on the left)

Tamorr and TheFloranChef like this.
  5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

sad we will never see these backgrounds again since now all moons orbiting plants are just moon biomes. Another beautiful thing gone q.q

TheFloranChef and Beatrice like this.
  6. BroHaven

BroHaven Poptop Tamer

Damn all this looks so good, i wish i could build like that lmao

Beatrice likes this.
  7. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Ah, the time when we could see 4 moons around a gas giant. It was so beautiful. :nurusad:

Beatrice likes this.
  8. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Sadly, CF also changes things without saying it, when it has a negative outcome. As far as I know, they also took the USCM bunkers away, and also a great deal of the furniture that comes with it. Other builders were rather shocked... like Breack, who build UnityCity,.

And yes, I LOVED that detail, I always chosed planets with a nice background before building something on it. San Leone. Now, it all has become a bit plain :(

Everyvone can, it only takes a bit experience... ;)

A question at all: when building Concordia, there were no birds on the planet, I think it had to do with a certain patch when ocean planets hadn't birds. Are there at least theoretically planets with no bird or peaceful birds? It would be important for a bigger city...

9. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I don't think oi, I have seen birds on all planets so far at least when you build high in the sky, even on moons.

So I think barren is the ebst to choose as they don't hae birds in the lower layers. Or just aks Zwergengraf to deactivate them spawning. Birds seem to be a global set now.

10. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Not sure if @Zwergengraf likes to make exemptions.

11. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

may be but as long as the game is a half baked sandbox not offring proper mechnics to deal with this that don'T look like a turret or guard army then thats probably what has to happen.

12. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I dislike the background sounds on barren planets. It gives cities a bad touch. Even a Metropolis seems like a barren place, not to mention lovely little towns without bird-sounds and so on...

13. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Even more a reason for Frakin Universe Mod being almost necessary to complete this game. :/

14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

There are certainly some good things in 1.0, but there are much more "holes" in it than in a swiss cheese.

15. SivCorp

Yeah, Swiss cheese that's been shot up with some buckshot.... :(

Beatrice likes this.
  16. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

SivCorp likes this.
  17. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I found two screenshots I didn't post yet (I don't know why, really), so here they are. The same bridge with the sign of the republic.

One at day:

[​IMG]

One at night:

[​IMG]

However, I encountered another problem. I am not able to do screenshots anymore. Normally, I push the "print" button and paste it in a paint.net file. Now it gives me only a black screen. I won't use Steam, so please don't suggest doing it that way... what am I doing wrong?

TheFloranChef and Tamorr like this.
  18. SivCorp

You running 32 or 64 bit version?
    Video drivers up to date?
    I've used print screen all the time with no problem... I'll have to check now, for haven't used it yet in 1.0.

19. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, happened in 1.0, worked fine in the Beta. 34 bit, didn't check the driver yet.

20. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

yes that bothered me as well, no chance anymore for simple screens.

Beatrice likes this.