The Penguin Syndicate: UFO Lounge - Game discussion thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Vote for the Chucklefish Forums' representative for Mafia Championships

Poll closed May 2, 2017.
  1. Miss Alkane

60.0%
  2. 611

20.0%
  3. Zebe

20.0%
  4. HunterC1998

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Maybe I'm an optimist thinking that the new rules will work and players will stay active. On the other hand, maybe I'm a cynic thinking that the ones that keep lurking are so uninterested they won't even bother to make up reasons.
    Either way, I'm to strict enough to rule that "I was busy" or alike is not a good reason. Especially if I see that they have been online and haven't even stated their night action. That's, like, the ultimate sin, or, like, something.

2. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I wonder how people know the game is over now? Anyway, as I've said in the past, I'd be happy to GM some games for ye. Though I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't be better for two of us to GM at a time. Cause I mean, no one can replace zebe-senpai.

Jimlad 42, Zebe and 611 like this.
  3. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have experience with modding if someone wants help.

I don't plan on running any games personally on here just yet. (Mainly because I have a bad habit of throwing dirty tricks or completely new mechanics into my games)

Jimlad 42, Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

That sounds great and exactly what Cu- I mean...
    Uh, nevermind.

5. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cu?

You're going to have to help me out here.

Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I think I could be easily replaced. I hope I can be easily replaced, in fact. I've made templates and all just that someone could replace me as easily as possible. Running a game isn't that difficult. It's pretty straightforward stuff. Probablythe hardest thing is keeping what all the roles do in mind.
    ...maybe I could do a step-by-step guide on how I mod the games? If that's needed of course.

Okay. Game 10, TPSX, or whatever you call it. This is how it's gonna work.

The first Days have been long in the past games, but I see that giving you time to do things isn't working. You aren't doing anything with that time. So the next game will have 48 hour Days and 24 hour Nights. Those won't change during the game. Hopefully that way the game won't lose its momentum after the first few game Days.
    I hope you're all alright with this change. You can suggest alternative Day lenghts, if you have any ideas...

And here are the activity rules:
    • If you don't make 3 game-relevant posts per a game Day, you will lose your Night action for the following Night.
    • If you fail to reach the post minimum on two game Days in a row, you will die.
    • In case you provide a good reason for your absence, you can avoid the penalties.

Those rules paired with the short days might make keeping up with the game somewhat difficult for some. So unless you're absolutely sure you can actively post and follow the game, consider signing up twice. There might be less players because of this, but personally I think this could be an improvement. Also remember that the game lasts a shorter time as well. Which mean that while you have to stay active with the game, the game will last less than 2 weeks.

About the roles. This time I will have only one roleset, which will be... unique. I have formed some conventions for creating the setups during the past 9 games, and now I think I'm gonna ignore 'em all to make opportunities for some shocking twists to happen. I hope there will be enough players for the best ideas... I'll include a list of possible roles this time, though.

So, here are the signups. I don't have a start date yet, but maybe sometime next week? When we have enough players for a good game, anyway. Game thread maybe tomorrow maybe.

Player List:

• Miss Alkane
    • HunterC1998
    • Rgbunpro
    • zeskorion
    • MilkCalf
    • YES YOU
    • YOU YOU YOU
    • EVERYONE YOU KNOW

I've recently rented a Minecraft server. I know all of you pretty well thanks to the extensive psychoanalysis I've done to each of you in preparation of playing this game with y'all, so you're all welcome to join in if you want. It's got both survival and creative at the moment. PM me here, Steam, Skype, or anywhere else to get the server IP or have questions. You can bring in people with you too, just let me know who they are.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  7. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

In. And what's your Skype?

Jimlad 42, HunterC1998 and Zebe like this.
  8. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

zeberoid

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

10. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Now do you really need to ask me if I wanna aimlessly die very soon again? The answer is YES!

Jimlad 42, Zebe, 611 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

HERE I AM! ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!
    That's means I'm totally ready to play btw.

Jimlad 42, Zebe and HunterC1998 like this.
  12. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

I am in. I will focus my lynches on inactive players, if it ends up like it has been last time

13. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I'm in.

I haven't played Minecraft in a long time. And I can't really rectify that right now. Network problems.

Jimlad 42, 611 and Zebe like this.
  14. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  15. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I have a suggestion. When an arsonist douses someone they could have a 10% chance to douse some other random person.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I don't like randomness that much. But nobody asked me.

As a general announcement:
    From now on, this is @Rgbunpro's place. I'll just keep updating the OP.

Jimlad 42 and 611 like this.
  17. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Randomness in mafia often = sadness and jealousy.

Jimlad 42 and Zebe like this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Exactly. The Agarans at the moment have 50/50 chance of successfully converting a player to an Agaran. I never really liked that mechanic, but I guess without it they'd be overpowered. But it's annoying to play as one because of that randomness, I'd imagine.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I understand this thing about randomnes. Dousing already has a chance of being worthless, so I think something like I suggested could work as a counter measure.

20. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

(Pssssst, this version is already buffed, the traditional arsonist's targets get told if they're doused, which ruins the mystery of if there is one)

(I'd give it another road test or two before changing it)

(Because I'm way too cautious)