Building/Ship The Republic of San Leone

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Beatrice, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

An Apex couple lives in the next house; the van Apens have a strange, shy neighbour.

[​IMG]

A public building. I think it could be a school.

[​IMG]

2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

The last house between Senate and Aedilate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

That moneybag though... Dies on the slightest touch. I actually killed him twice before I realized that...

Beatrice likes this.
  4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Long life the exciting bugginess of Starbound!

5. DragonsForce

I think it's not a bug, but a feature.

Beatrice likes this.
  6. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please! Stop making me spam "Like" s like a little kid.
    Unbelievable in what you've turned me. I once was a grown man. :(

Beatrice likes this.
  7. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Like the broken Skyrails, eh? ;)

You are still manly, as you gave "likes" to a lady :D

MindExplorer likes this.
  8. MindExplorer

HA! With this you just wanted to secure another "like". Damn you! Damn you, I say. ;)

Beatrice and DragonsForce like this.
  9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Just want to add, that I only showed 1/4 of the existing city, and 1/6 of the whole, planned city (only surface, underground not included).

I don't like it when I have to repeat myself, but here another view of the center of Concordia, with the Senate in the middle. However, this time with the inhabitaed houses:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Until now, I showed you the center and the Aedilate, and the houses between these two public buildings. I call this quarter "Mainstreet". There are others; the quarter on the left side is called "Coffeestreet", where the Café is located (showed it earlier) and has the Library as "frontier", like the Aedliate is the frontier of the Mainstreet. Besides these two streets, there are three more. And as you see, also some interesting underwater tubes, which I may show you later en detail.

10. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I love the details in your buildings, but when you zoom out it looks even better!

This is how a city looks like. What we have seen so far in Starbound is more like small villages.

Beatrice likes this.
  11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

And even now I have to say: no, in fact, I'm not satisfied. Your underwater city with these magnificent background houses has a way better effect. Im still looking forward to do something similar in the future, but it's way more difficult to draw a detailed victorian city in the background than a modern-futuristic one....

So, I'm even more honoured than before, if you are saying that :)

TheFloranChef likes this.
  12. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

And here is a Panaroma view of the "Coffestreet" on the left side of the Senate.

[​IMG]

13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I've posted it earlier in the Leeven Thread, but I think it should be in this collection; some Leeven stuff for variety. The underground of Concordia seems to be full of secrets! Maybe an old, lost leeven colony took place under the ocean world? We all know the Lions like water...

[​IMG]

Dr. Beatrice Memmo is back for her next adventure, but only when she gets her whip... which we all expect for the next patch :D

14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Only a bridge.

[​IMG]

And two towers.

[​IMG]

Nothing special. Only to show you that I'm not completly dead. :)

15. DragonsForce

Always good to see people are still alive ;)

16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Our server will re-start with 1.0, and so, everything is LOST. Not so much the problem. The only thing which bugs me most: I wasn't able to finish Concordia. Not even a half of it because of months of other stuff to do than Starbound.

I think I'm going to make a video-Tour of the planet. However, it will look a bit unfinished. Sorry for that.

17. ODST 4900

ODST 4900 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll miss the current version you've created. but this will be the final farewell, going to miss my stuff and characters as well, but onwards to 1.0!

Breakout and Beatrice like this.
  18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, I also try to do some last screenshots, but as I've said - many things were still not finished. Concordia needed a lot of interior decoration in the end, but well.... this is the end, my friend! Third time I lose my lovely place.

Also, not sure how much I'm going to do in the future. Not enough time to do something on a San Leone, Concordia or Baz-Ar level. I always wanted to to an idillyc human town, like Southern San Leone, but a little bit more developed. Looking forward what 1.0 brings, last time I REALLY played Starbound was back in autumn 2015. Curious, what new objects and blocks are in.

Also: as I've heard that it is now easier to craft blocks, I also try to return to the "done by hand"-mode. It's much easier now to craft soft brick, than dig it for hours, which was a motive to use admin-mode.

19. MindExplorer

Sometimes it is old/older things that hold us back to develop/build something new. ;)

How about creating buildings standing on their own (don't need a whole village to be part of)?
    I won't promise anything, but I had seriously thought about making another MOD, which consists out of a few new blocks, a bit of interesting furniture and MAINLY small buildings for all kinds of biomes to spice up planet-variety even more. I've alreay decided to ask you for permission to rebuild some of your beatiful creations (remember your marvelous wooden buildings you started with?) in the editor to make them part of the MOD. ;)

I know that the server you are playing on doesn't allow MODS to be installed, but it would be for the rest of the community to be able to actually "live" in some of your wonderful "art-houses". ;)

I would start at around november/december with this project.

Me, MindExplorer, hereby asks you, Beatrice, for permission to rebuild some of your creations in the editor to be packaged together with other creations into a MOD I will release to the public for free at a later date. ;)

20. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Have you had a look at this thread?

http://community.playstarbound.com/...geons-to-enrich-the-world-of-starbound.96630/

I'm still interested to continue this project. So, yeah, I had this idea some time ago, no problem :D