1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Game Options keep getting reset

Discussion in 'Support' started by Artix133, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Artix133

Artix133 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've had this problem with SMAPI. For some reason every time I launch Stardew Valley with the SMAPI launcher, my options get reset. What I mean by that is every time I launch the game I have to go into the options and change things like "always show tool-hit location" and remap my keys because everything is on the default setting again.

I have infact tested if it was any mod. I have run the game without mods but with the SMAPI launcher and the settings keep getting reset. I have launched it with each individual mod I have but nothing seems to work. It's really more of an inconvenience at best, but I don't want to have to go into the options EVERY time I launch the game and have to reset everything to my preferred settings. It gets tedious and I shouldn't have to do that every time I want to play.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Can you try deleting the startup_preferences folder in Appdata? (Its found here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley)

• SectionZ

SectionZ Void-Bound Voyager

I've been finally getting around to playing this, and it wants to reset my display options even if I do a clean install.

Deleting the appdata "startup_preferences" file also seems to do nothing. All the appdata file seems to talk about is if I start in windowed mode or stay muted or not, and times started. (and then it launches in full screen windowed borderless anyways because it always saves itself to windowed false, and the resolution I set is listed in game greyed out but not actually what it's set to when I switch to windowed, so I gotta switch to FULL SCREEN to put it back, every single time).

The rest of the options seem to save, with normal launch, API without mods, or a couple basic mods with the API.

Well, unless I install that Timespeed mod... The mod itself works but then ALL my options reset to default no matter what, even after I remove that mod's stuff, until I do a clean slate fresh install after erasing all my appdata too.