1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Fast Water Elevator

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by lusha, Jul 14, 2016.

1. lusha

lusha Aquatic Astronaut

Hello, Ive make recently avery fast elecator which uses a water and boat :D
    Watch and like pls :D

TheFloranChef and Osofox like this.
  2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow you found a use for the boat. Amazing. I personally thought they were useless and just for the sake of roleplaying or decoration. They can't even sail on a poison ocean without quickly being destroyed making the one possible good reason to have one non-existing in terms of actually using it for exploring. Good going thinking outside of the box.

Osofox and Sh4dowWalker96 like this.
  3. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

IIRC they work fine on Lava oceans, so there's that.

4. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Fails on poison, works on lava.... And it looks like a wooden boat.

That's chucklefish logic for ya *shrug*

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  5. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Hopefully one of the post 1.0 updates will be about vehicles. I'd love to have a smaller ship to come down to the planet. Or a submarine.

And then they could add proper boats too.

6. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Title Not Found

To be fair, it's not the poison water that wrecks the boat. It's the acid rain that's constantly falling. I still think it blows though, and I pretty much said "fuck it" with poison ocean biomes as a result though.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  7. phichikapparho

phichikapparho Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've always avoided poison ocean planets for that very reason. I was very much looking forward to the boat so I could finally explore the islands of them at least.

Now you tell me the boat doesn't even work in them? Wtf?!