1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed July 13th build - Unable to load SB/Error message

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Plex_Director, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey folks!
    Just downloaded the latest nightly build, eager to continue my latest interstellar adventures and upon trying to start the game all I get is this error message: SB Error.png
    Is there any way to fix the issue or is it playing the waiting game until another update hits?

Have a nice day y'all

2. Floria Blooms

Floria Blooms Void-Bound Voyager

Goodness, I hope not. I tried renaming a lot of files and verifying them, and a friend got it HALF started for a minute, but it boogled up on her, so I guess we need to wait and see.

3. D_Malachi

D_Malachi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The assets file (packed.pak) is currently broken/corrupt, so no. No quick fix for that unless you have an old one sitting around somewhere.

Usiemon and Plex_Director like this.
  4. Floria Blooms

I noticed the assets were bonked. The only thing I had saved were the player and universe files. Oh well. I could always potentially cartwheel back to the Unstable version *QuQ

5. Plex_Director

Aaaah damn! So no SB today as it seems...

Thanks for the quick reply!

6. Floria Blooms

Easy squeezy solution was to move my player and universe folders (copypasterfy them) and then Delete Local Content via steam and reinstall the nightly. Works just fine for me!

7. Plex_Director

All right, I'm going to try that out later. Thanks for the info!

8. nanoracisme

nanoracisme Void-Bound Voyager

That not working for me :v

9. Floria Blooms

It might depend on the OS. Try deleting/renaming your asset folders and deleting your config files, then going into your steam library and right click the unstable version of starbound, then going into properties to verify file integrity. I did that before I did the delete/install bits, and it's all okay for me now. Though you might want to copy your player and universe files to a safe location, like the desktop, so you can move them back later.

Hope it helps a bit~ :nuruhappy:

10. Hii-kun

Hii-kun Space Hobo

Not working for me -.- Want to play SB -.-

11. Plex_Director

Still unsuccessful on my part.
    So far I tried a complete re-install and your method for checking file integrity via Steam.
    Seems as if I'm unlucky today... :-(

Still a big thank you for giving advice!

12. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

So far I tried deleting everything and reinstalling the nightly and still getting the error. Nothing I do seems to be working here :(.

13. DukeGrimm

DukeGrimm Void-Bound Voyager

Same, was working last night. Won't load this morning.
    I was thinking just last night, 'Maybe I should turn off automatic updates till release just in case' :facepalm:

14. Supersonicsid

Supersonicsid Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, your method worked for me! Thanks, I had tried verifying cache and it did not work, so I figured that completely uninstalling it wouldn't help, but it did.

15. Zach_Attack

Zach_Attack Pangalactic Porcupine

That Worked! Thanks! And I didn't even need to copy paste them files!

16. DukeGrimm

Dang! I can't get it to work for me. :nurusad:

17. LoftyLoftyLoftyLoftyLofty

LoftyLoftyLoftyLoftyLofty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Reinstalling Unstable without opting back in to the nightly runs fine
    Opting back into nightly causes the error to crop up again

Have attempted replacing nightly exe with unstable exe, no dice
    Have attempted replacing nightly packed.pak with unstable packed.pak, no dice
    Have attempted removal and restoration of player/universe/mods folders, no dice

Such is the flow of nightly

18. Plex_Director

Yeah, changing from nightly to unstable worked for me as well.

It's just imperative to keep a backup of one's storage folder ready,

19. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

If you want to play and bug report then you can always use the use unstable build instead of nightly.
    Nightly is still and always has been a asset preview / dev version that may break from day to day.
    The only difference between the two is that in nightly they are prepping for Steam workshop before 1.0 release and how mods are loaded, and they've started to tackle some bugs reported in the unstable branch.

20. DukeGrimm

Ahh you are correct! I didn't realize they did a new push of the 1.0 content to unstable. The last time I heard about unstable was that it was the glad giraffe, but now I can see it's "Cheerfull".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.