1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound 1.0 New Features

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by blessedmars63, Jul 10, 2016.

?

Was this usefull

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. I allredy know them

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. blessedmars63

blessedmars63 Yeah, You!

New Features: Note: Characters WILL BE 100% GUARENTEED BE WIPED/DELETED, as you will miss out on a LOT of stuff, HOWEVER there are No plans to wipe characters ever again :)

FARMING
    -------
    -Fridgeration System, Rotted Food
    -Sprinklers, automated farming
    -Livestock, cows [mooshi], sheep [???], goats [???]
    -Chicken Coops, egg collectors
    -Fridge sizes, full size, small size
    -Terramart shipments, send food and get cash

ADDITIONS 2 STEAM
    -----------------
    -Steam Networking, INGAME options>networking. Enter SteamID, instantly connect
    -Steam Workshop, WIP
    -Better Multiplayer Performance

NPCs
    ----
    -Crew Members, obtain by completing colonist quests
    -Pet Collars, Certain aspects will be applied to the pet wearing it
    -Pet Tethers, fix a pet to a specific location

COMBAT/BOSSES
    -------------
    -Boss Specific Loot

QUESTS
    ------
    -TONS of added Quests
    -Story Quests are now optional, if you want to play it as a sandbox, not an RPG

CRAFTING/3D PRINTING
    --------------------
    -You need to scan items to 3d Print them
    -New interface for crafting, cleaner and more organized
    -New crafting statiopns added

MISCELLANIOUS
    -------------
    -Lots of bug fixes
    -New difficulty:
    Survival: Hunger, Drops Items on death,
    Casual:No Hunger [food applies buffs instead],30% Pixel [cash] drop on death
    Perma-Death:Survival w/ no respawn

Thats all for now!

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Please stop making starbound-related threads outside the starbound-related forum, okay?

3. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

moved to starbound discussion

4. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Another big different for casual versus other modes is teleportation:

As before, other modes cannot beam back to ships from underground, but casual players now can.

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I see a bit of confusion on NPC part.

Ok, not confusion but more like limited presentation.

The part about colonists. Yes colony can give crew members, but is not the only way. NPCs in general if you do enough quests will ask to join; so it does not have to be a user generated colony in order to do so. Aslo there is an alternate hiring of crew members as well. The exception of quest taking to join is the protected outpost and missions areas.

All else looks nice, and a good summery of what is added from stable. :nuruhappy:

6. monoliet

monoliet Intergalactic Tourist

hello ,
    i love game + release soon

i only have 1 isue whith new update =

why halogen pack + xenon pack are now wortles ?
    them need lots of stuf you geting mid range game
    but you always need epp instald on you backpack ( when using halogen + senon in vanity = not of eni use !!! not giving eny licht )

so you can only use them on starting planets where you not need protection backpack :(

also no radom quest insite out post ?

7. Ludovic

I have to admit the halogen/xenon packs do feel a bit.... gimped by the existence of the new EPP.

Otoh, the powerful light they emit can still make them a quality of life time saver when actually having to backtrack to these lower tier planets for building materials. With the rebalanced crafting, it's not actually more than worth it to -build- using iron/tungsten blocks(generally one bar will provides 50 blocks). However the fact remain those materials can ONLY be found on lower tier planets and the best veins do remain underground.... in those conditions, keeping that "light pack" around may be a viable option rather than placing tons of torches or the like just for a quick trip of gathering lower tiers materials. to make those metal walls.

8. monoliet

jes i understend but you are abel to put in licht 3 mod in you epp
    so them total wortles

instead them need to licht up in vanity so you can put other mod in epp

+ giving mod licht 3 some extra like ore/enemy detection included = end tear when you end the game !

9. Ludovic

Otoh those Augment mods can't be found everywhere. You either find them as very lucky drops.... or buy them from a store that is unlocked only until later in the story.

Before you get those, which might be a bit, halogen/xenon packs really are your only biggest built-on option for light alongside the old lantern-on-a-stick and new mining hat.

This said I'm half expecting a lot of "environment mechanics" tweaks in the post-release future, be it from mods or official development.

10. monoliet

jes i tink so them gone tweak
    i found licht 3 mod in dark world ( very risky level )

11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Unfortunately due to the way planet progression currently is setup you won't be able to use light backpacks on all planets.
    As certain backpacks are required to survive on some planets.

Not a fan of that design choice personally.

Pingeh likes this.
  12. Lintton

Lintton Guest

oh dear. if my character gets deleted....should I store all her stuff on a planet, or would that take away some of the fun? I should at least store the armor i use for looks, but what about all my weapons pixels and collections?

13. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I've not heard anything about characters being deleted, so i don't know if it's true. A while back chucklefish said that they wouldn't need to wipe characters again.
    Though it's probably a good idea to start a new character anyway. I've already stored everything i own in one of my worlds and backed up the planet.

14. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

You may have heard it by now, but I thought I'd point out that yes, the Devs are planning one last character (and I think maybe Universe?) wipe for 1.0's Stable release. After that point, they have no plans to do either again.

15. monoliet

why epp not get 3 upgrades to licht = old lantern-on-a-stick/ halogen / xenon
    where you then put other type of mod in = al verslons of epp have licht + extra like extra life - energie -crazy speed mining - stronger .....