1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Unstable: Question about items dropped on death, possible bug.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Phantom Miria, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom Miria

Phantom Miria Phantasmal Quasar

According to the stream, items dropped on death are supposed to stay there until you retrieve them. But does that hold if you die, save quit and comeback later?

If they are supposed to persist thru that, I just died and had the fail respawn bug, tried to save and quit to reload out of it but the game froze during save (It seems the latest unstable got some severe memory management issues). When I relaunched, the screen initially appeared on the spot I died earlier, then respawn happened properly but when i got back there, all the stuff that was dropped was gone.

If the player drop isn't supposed to persist thru reloads, would it be possible to have a fourth mode: Survival without item drop on death?

Also about memory, the game starts nicely at around 800mb and with time it only builds up, once it reaches around 1600mb the game starts to freeze even when doing things as simple as moving something from inventory to a container. I don't know how to find out if it's something with my set up or an issue with the build, anyone else having this problem?

2. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

The dropped items are supposed to save when you close the game but if you kill the process or if it crashes then it very possible that any items that were just recently dropped never got saved.

However, they do not last forever as it was said. They only last around 5 minutes before they despawn.
    I'm sure this will changed.

3. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

There is also a mod currently available that allows you to configure the difficulty. Very easy to setup survival mode with no item drops, or various other configurations.
    My girlfriend plays on casual, so I used it to stop her from beaming up from underground cause she kept abandoning me in the deep dark caves :p

Edit: Found link to mod
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/sd-modable-configuration-mod.3733/

Phantom Miria likes this.
  4. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

In the curent version I know stuffs from like the outpost used to reset every 10 minutes, so maybe the rest of the planets follow suit, we'll never know I guess until we see for ourselves

5. Phantom Miria

Only in game time or does off time also count? Wouldn't make sense to count off time but I don't think it took me more than 5 mins to get back there and the stuff was actually already gone when i caught glimpse of death spot before the proper respawn. I guess it was only because i had to kill the process after all.

This sounds great, thanks for pointing out.

6. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I'm sure 10 minutes real time, but if you close the game it goes poof.

7. Phantom Miria

Too bad, that mod will be it then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.