REQUEST I wanna marry a magic lady.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Hank the Space Farmer, Jul 9, 2016.

1. So I've found a Portrait and Sprite to make the Wizard a Witch (Einari's Western Style Witch and the sprite that goes with it) and there's Siv's Marriage mod that lets me marry the Wizard but 2 things

1: I need her to be called Witch not Wizard
    and 2: I need female dialogue for her

I don't know how much of this is possible just I wanted my own Wife/Waifu that no one else has had before so yeah that's my request.

Peace out.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

I have questions!

1. Are you planning on changing/redecorating her house at all? :3 Because if so, you might want to update Siv's spouserooms file to match.
      [​IMG]

2. Are you cool with the references to her ex-wife and Caroline referencing her? Pierre also says he wonders if he (Pierre) is Abigail's real father.

3. Do you want "M. Rasmodious" changed to anything specific?

I may need someone better at this than I am to help, honestly. Right now I'm changing "wizard" and "husband" in dialogue, but this will also require changing "wizard" to "witch" in NPC Dispositions, as well as in mail if I'm able, and I'm not sure if changing "Wizardhouse" to "witchhouse" will break things or not.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
        Rosalie likes this.
      • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

You got this, @cankersaur :up:Just keep in mind that:

There's no reason to change the location name from "Wizardhouse" to "Witchhouse".
        The 'quests' and 'events' dialogue has to be edited, too.
        Wizard/Witch needs a schedule and some marriage-dialogue.
        sivolobwho added a lot of stuff to the non-dateable NPCs' sprite and portrait sheets. What I mean to say is, the mod Hank wants to use will be missing dialogue reactions, wedding sprites, kissing animations, and whatever else siv added.

You covered everything else I can think of at the moment. Let me know if I can be of any use (as long as it's not spriting..NOPE NOPE NOPE).

• Nah it'd be fine I'd just pretend they were talking about some other wizard, and no I'll pretend that M.Rasmodius is like Mary or somethin. Also the spouse room is fine

• Karalius465

Karalius465 Void-Bound Voyager

I was about to say the same thing, that they'd have to request additions to the mod aha. It'd be interesting if this could be done though.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, you can just add it (or put it back, rather: it's there in the original NPCdispositions).

Also, I'm not clear on how sivolobwho & the other mod authors feel about redistributing their work (with or without credits). Might be best to let Hank install the Witch & Siv's Marriage Mod on their own, and just supply your own edits.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, most of what I included had to be tweaked slightly (the pronouns, the name) and some of it is just vanilla files that I've tweaked (events, mail, quests, billboard requests). If they're specifically asking for a change that incorporates both of these mods, and they're only intending to use it in their game, I don't quite understand why we would both facilitate that and not allow it at the same time.

If it's an issue, fine. I'll remove it, and someone else can figure it out.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Argah, this is all is really, just... stupid.

FIrst off, Hank, man... did you consider talking to the actual mod creator to make a possible female wizard?
                  Secondly, there shouldn't be this stupid stress onto the ideals of credit when this is a freeware addition to a game none of us made, they're simple edits. While sure, it'd be fucking amazing if people would like sit down and at least try to understand how modding works a little bit before asking for such specific requests (like honestly, I get annoyed when I see someone asks yet contributes nothing in regards to making new content themselves), but it's like really?

Also, you know, why hasn't any of these people helped others make NPCS by making an "TALK ABOUT MAKING NPCS THREAD" or some shit? Like, it should not be a beholden thing that the most elite can gain access to. It should be in the same boat as tIDE when people bitch about maps being to similar to another but the mods didn't do anything because they used the same tilesheets. But of course, its not the same if it were one of the maps jinx and i made with custom sheets. I won't let anyone get anyway without crediting for that.

There are certain things that definitely credit, and there are others that are in the grey area. If you don't want it to be in the grey area try to at least attempt to talk to the /original/ mod creators. It would lessen such confusion when other people are helping you.

jfc.

• Wow ok thats a lot of things uh i didnt want it to become an issue it was just a request eh its fine if not I'll just stick with Penny or Abi its fine thanks for support tho
                    --- Post updated ---
                    Ok wow thats a lot of stuff I didnt want it to escalate or become an issue and TaintedWheat i would LOVE to learn to mod but I dont have time to learn if I could I wouldnt be asking but I cant so i needed to ask sorry and thanks to Foghorn and Cankersaur for trying to help I reckon I'll go and ask Siv to add in a female witch thanks ya'll i frikin love this community