1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Diagonal Distortion?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Oatsie, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Oatsie

Oatsie Intergalactic Tourist

Hello everyone, just made an account to report this odd issue I've been having.

Recently, I upgraded to a new computer, and I played Stardew extensively on my old computer with no issues. I installed the game on this new computer and I've been experiencing a bizarre graphical glitch.

The screen is divided in half by a bizarre, "invisible" diagonal line, that distorts it whenever my character moves, especially when outside. It's noticeable, but I can't seem to capture it well in screenshots.

My graphics card drivers are up to date. I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M card. I've tried locally deleting the saves, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, tried all the display modes (windowed, fullscreen etc). I'm using Windows 10 as my OS.

I'm genuinely at a loss here. Help would be much appreciated

• Proxymity

Proxymity Space Hobo

Hi Oatsie,

are other games having the same issue?

Since you are playing on a mobile devices/notebook, you could open your: nvidia system settings > manage 3d settings > program settings > search for Stardew Valley in the drop down field and choose "nvidia gpu" as preffered gpu; if the issue still occours, select "internal graphics" (if the game should run then). If the problem still persists try updating/re-downloading your intel chipset/gpu drivers and then after that your 950M driver... that may work.

• Oatsie

Oatsie Intergalactic Tourist

Hi Proxymity!

No, I have other games installed (eg Terraria) and I've had no issues there. I will update you on if your suggestions work soon. Thank you for the help!

Edit: Changing to integrated graphics seems to have fixed it! Thanks for the help. Can a mod close this for me please?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
        • matosch83

matosch83 Space Hobo

i have the the same problem with my laptop. in borderless window it shows me that problem

• EBWonder

EBWonder Seal Broken

I had the problem but I just reduced the graphic resolution and it went away.