1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Biome?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by achaven, Jun 24, 2016.

1. achaven

achaven Poptop Tamer

I'm just curious on what your guys favorite biome is! My personal favorite biomes are: Forest,Ocean, and Moon. I like Forest because they're usually peaceful and harmless and is just a fun place to explore and build. I like the ocean because I LOVE tropical settings plus its the home of my favorite race, the hylotl! Moon however is my absolute favorite. It's the most interesting biome of them all imo because there are so many little buildings you can find scattered about whether they're on it's surface or underground. With all my characters I usually establish an underground deserted moon base as my home since I find the concept just cool!

Sorry if I rambled lmao

Anyway id love to hear what you think :):lickitung:

Sageheart likes this.
  2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

In terms of design Alien (the eyeballs one) as it is the first time I truly felt Starbound did something that make you feel like you are in outer space.
    In terms of being the most useful the Ocean just as you stated is pretty safe and you can always mine quite easily on it due to all of the water stopping your fall.
    As for one that I would like to build on it would be the starter planet. No issues with the scaling of monster levels against my armor. They are the lowest of the lowest. Honestly I never like any of the other planets and I can easily move the trees I like back over.

achaven likes this.
  3. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

When did you ever see buildings on the moon? They always seemed completely empty for me.

achaven likes this.
  4. achaven

achaven Poptop Tamer

On the moons i've found you can find small little camps right below the surface and once or twice i've found a lab on the surface however a lot of moons are empty

Sageheart likes this.
  5. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

i liked the old meteorite biomes, the new one is just too empty.

achaven likes this.
  6. achaven

achaven Poptop Tamer

Same they aren't as good anymore

Sageheart likes this.
  7. Prototype XT81

Prototype XT81 Poptop Tamer

Deserts with the periodic sandstorms/arid worlds or volcanic planets. I don't know.

achaven likes this.
  8. Sageheart

Sageheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would have to agree with above and say Alien Biomes are my favorite. It felt like a dangerous, mysterious place and i loved it. Although i do hate running on the flesh like ground...the sounds it makes.. *shivers*

achaven likes this.
  9. Akre

Akre Pangalactic Porcupine

Arid. I love the soothing sounds and serene feel it has.

achaven likes this.
  10. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Favorite biome.... Hmmm... Anything leafy... I love all the tree infested biomes. After all plant-kind did make it into space in some way. :nurutease:

11. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I prefer the alien biomes and the poisonous oceans biomes.I like the challenge of building under a sea of poisons. But I like a place where it rains so I can set up a rain collector so I have a good supply of water out of an ocean for testing, hence alien planets because of their awesome biomes. I have currently been able to produce unlimited poison,healing water, and lava(oil and a little lava), also water (from the rain).

achaven likes this.
  12. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

Ocean, by far. Just because Ocean and Water and interesting stuff in the water and ocean. And water.

Ludovic and achaven like this.
  13. DukeLebowski

DukeLebowski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Snowy/I ce planets! The auroras are beautiful! I find it peaceful.

achaven likes this.
  14. Alessondria

Alessondria Big Damn Hero

I love the ocean worlds. Love the idea of finding the perfect island out at sea to claim as my own. Pirate flor-arrrrrrrrrrrrr-n

achaven likes this.
  15. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

What was the old one like?
    I fear I never really got around to those.

Edit: Toxic Ocean is the favorite biome for me. It feel like the perfect place to build a "Smuggler's Den"-themed colony(it being so inhospitable feel like a "perfect place to hide") and I like the challenge of trying to keep all that rain into account.

This said asteroid biomes are one of the place I could imagine building such a colony at.

16. achaven

achaven Poptop Tamer

If I'm remembering correctly the old meteorite biomes had tons of rare ores and had cool little space camps on some of the meteors now it's just some floating rocks

Sageheart and Sh4dowWalker96 like this.
  17. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

I never saw camps, but then again I didn't go there much in the Koala days. They WERE really rich in ore though.

18. Sageheart

Sageheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, go there once and you were set for life, never having to worry about pixels again.
    Also with the camps, they were worth finding at the time, since they had high level guns inside. ( I think back then, finding a decent gun on planets was really hard to do, until balancing patches afterwards. ...Not entirely sure about this.. Been ages.)

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  19. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like ocean biomes them most.
    So much fun to be had with water mechanics.

Shadow20218 likes this.
  20. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

Especially since water pressure is a thing in this game.