My lamp posts disappeared..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBossPaws, Jun 27, 2016.

1. TheBossPaws

TheBossPaws Orbital Explorer

Hey guys.. Have you experienced losing lighting fixtures you've placed in town? I have. Why does this happen? And while we're on the subject of lighting, is there a significant difference between the iron and wooden lamp-posts? Like in the case of fences, do they suffer durability loss? Help a sister out, please! :D

• Last_Aeon

Last_Aeon Void-Bound Voyager

Well, the easiest explanation ks, NPC will destroy whatever is in their way while they walk. Like if you place a lamp post in front of granda's walkijg path, she will instantly destroy it without leaving anything for you.

Snurtsnurgle and TheBossPaws like this.
      • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Yup, one of the townsfolk tried to walk through that space and were blocked. I once watched Pam tear through five tiles of hardwood fence without breaking a sweat. She's stronger than she looks.

There's no difference in any of the lighting craftables except in how much light they produce (which is listed in their descriptions; 'modest amount of light', 'moderate amount of light', 'good amount of light') with the lamp-posts being the best at illumination. Lamp-posts also turn on and off automatically for the day/night cycle; braziers can be lit or extinguished manually by clicking on them. Aside from that, none of the light sources ever burn out or decay as far as I can tell (at least in the current game version), and I've had a few wooden lamp-posts running for almost four years of game-time now. The differences between them are pretty much just appearance.

• TheBossPaws

TheBossPaws Orbital Explorer

Ooooohhhh.. Thank you so much for letting me know this.

• Snurtsnurgle

Snurtsnurgle Star Wrangler

Town
            https://imgur.com/a/6vRJk#G2imjog
            Beach
            https://i.imgur.com/Vkpr4yV.png

Someone made a picture of npc paths by putting rotted pumpkins everywhere, then letting the npc walk through it. I can imagine how pissed the npcs were after this whole thing.

This was handy for me, because one day Caroline was tired of my slime incubator shenanigans, and decided to destroy it. If I had moved the darn thing one square to the right, she wouldn't have gotten it.

Jaed and LuthienNightwolf like this.
            • NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Makes me wonder if they destroy everything? Marble? Iridium? Titanium? Do they have disintegration rays? Is it not the NPCs at all but Roving Joja Mart employees savaging for random stuff?

Jaed likes this.
              • Manning

Manning Aquatic Astronaut

They don't destroy anything. They steal it and the dwarf then fences the stolen goods for them.

Kattia and Jaed like this.
                • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

No, they crush, stomp, and ragekill it, I've seen it. As an experiment I once fenced off the bus station and watched as Pam tore through that like the Hulk on a caffeine binge. I saw sweet little Maru bend an iron lamp-post with her bare hands.

You do not want to get on the bad side of these villagers.

• Snurtsnurgle

They are also some strange forces at play too, which I can't explain. Like one day I decided George did watch too much TV, so I fenced the TV off with stone fencing. He just tore through it and grumbled like usual. However when I walked up the hallway in the house. Alex's room made a weird noise and spat fences of nowhere. I later put a bunch of fences in a row in front of each other outside the Saloon. It was Friday, so a lot of the Saloon patrons were not very happy with me. After all the fences were destroyed, I walked in the Saloon. A minute later there was that cracking sound, and out of the void came more fences. Not only are they strong, but they are able to bend space and time. :cautious:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

lol Hey at least they gave you your fences back. They may be odd forces, but they are at least courteous. :D

MrToni300 likes this.
                      • Snurtsnurgle

The weird thing was I already picked up the fences that they raged against. I guess they were being extra courteous by giving me more fences, or tormenting me with them for my transgressions, because sometimes when I load that test save up, the buildings in town will just randomly spit stone fences at me.

• LuthienNightwolf

I had a similar weird thing happen when I was in the mines. It was storming out, lightning and all, and I was doing some mining when all the sudden one of my crystal cobblestone path tiles just kind of appeared on one of the walls. I figured it was a glitch but sure enough when I got back to my farm and checked the spot the crystal paths were in (around Grandpa's shrine), there was one missing. I dunno if maybe lightning struck it and teleported it to the mines but I figure it's Grandpa messing with me again, since sometimes slimes appear on his shrine as well. lol

MrToni300 likes this.
                          • Snurtsnurgle

I just tried putting fencing down where Pam walks to the bus station, and then waited in my house. She walked through them it teleported it to my house, so I think with items like pathing and walls it will teleport it if uprooted by NPCs or lightening hit it. I tried putting some chests down and it didn't work. It just made them disappear instead of spitting it from the void.

That's where my escaped slimes go to too....... He must have been the biggest prankster when he was alive I feel. I blame him for a lot of the weird happenings now, and for the weird spooky noises.

stonesmall.png

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                            • LuthienNightwolf

....Is that...grass, in your house? You can do that? 0.0

MrToni300 likes this.
                              • Snurtsnurgle

• LuthienNightwolf

Omfg that is amazing. lol I kinda want to do that now. I wonder if you can put grass in the mines too...would probably be short lived, but still.

I hope CA doesn't code this ability out, it looks like far too much fun. :rofl:

Edit: Does it disappear next time you load the game up? Cuz I'm not gonna waste my time if it's all gonna be gone, though I may grass someone's room just to mess with them one day. lol

MrToni300 likes this.
                                • Snurtsnurgle

Hmmm I haven't tried the mines yet, I think that dwarf could use a bit of natural decor to spruce things up a bit.

I think in the winter it goes poof, but in other seasons it hasn't gone poof for me. I don't think it causes issues in the game, so I don't see why he would remove it.

• LuthienNightwolf

I'm about to log in, I may test a few areas just to test the theory...

Demetrius's lab, to get back at him for hinting that I shouldn't derail Maru's future when I'm already married to his stepson (ew, creepy much?)...

Or Clint's smithy, because he's always gone when I need something super important...

Or Alex's room, for that comment he made about Sebastian being weird because he always dresses in black.

MrToni300 and Snurtsnurgle like this.
                                    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I think Joja Mart could use some redecorating...

Snurtsnurgle likes this.
                                      • Snurtsnurgle

I was just going to reply with that. Holy moly, then got a notification for this. :rofl: