RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I'm toying with the idea of adding 9, but I worry 9 buttons will be overwhelming on the main screen.

Hitgirl911 likes this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Why not use a "select favorite" slider and a "Apply" button? that will keep the clutter down, and, if you design it that way, let you save as many favorites as there are positive integer values! :p

Hitgirl911 likes this.
      • Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe having another section for saved outfits? That would be very useful for users who tend to change clothes per season (and has special clothes for festivals like me hahaha)

Another user mentioned having a "select favorite" slider. I think this is also a good idea if coding it won't be too hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Inccubus

Inccubus Star Wrangler

I agree. Having more than 3 is definitely desirable since there are so many occasions for different outfits.

• Jinxiewinxie

I have a working version with 6 at the moment but toying with making it infinite (maybe!). I think the sliders are ugly as heck though =( Will see what I can do ^_^

Zalkyria and taintedwheat like this.
            • JackNoir

JackNoir Void-Bound Voyager

now if only someone would make tons of new clothes and make them craftable. just having everything available for free is no fun ;D

• Jinxiewinxie

I sort of loved the 3 saved favorites and the 6 saved favorites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the 6 Favorite version, you loaded the favorite from the Customize Char. screen, but with the 30, you can only load the first 6 from there and the rest must be loaded on the Manage Favorites tab. You must first click the slot, then you'll see the Load/Save buttons.

I'm having a very hard time making the 30 favorite work flow not clunky and/or ugly.

Unfortunately, I think an infinite amount of saves wouldn't work too well but setting a high cap like 30 is a good solution. Its just.. I don't know.. ugly & clunky with 30 to me. Thoughts?

Cerius, Hitgirl911 and Zalkyria like this.
                • Nivea

Nivea Starship Captain

Your like amazing, really this is a must have mod for me. I dont need that many favorites myself, basically I would just want one for each season personally.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                  • Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

The thirty save actually looks okay. Maybe space them a bit father away from each or occupy the empty spaces at the side might make it look better. Maybe you could rename it to the saved outfits tab or something (or keep it as is. It's still nice) :) leaving the top 6 as the favorites in the main player menu.

The six saves looked so cute! (It prefect but I think having the option to save a lot more outfits would be nice. I have like 15 (I think it's just 15) different outfits for my MC so option to have 30 favorites is godsend.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• hyuukiru

hyuukiru Space Hobo

I love this mod in theory, but I'm having trouble getting it to work for me. I put the downloaded/extracted files into the right place, start with SMAPI, and I waited a few in-game days, but the dresser still hasn't shown up. I even made sure to move all the furniture from my room so there was no issue. I'm on the first house upgrade with no other mods.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

...Did you edit the config for the dresser to show? It has to be set to true.

• hyuukiru

hyuukiru Space Hobo

I have no modding/code knowledge.. how do I open the config? It's a .json file and I don't have the right program to open it with.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

thats what ya open, brah.

notepad ++ or notepad itself should be enough+

• hyuukiru

hyuukiru Space Hobo

I opened it, and it is set to true, but still doesn't work. :cry:

• Jinxiewinxie

Can you just press the C button in game to open the menu? I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the dresser with the first house for you. Can you be sure the overrides folder is inside the mod folder and contains a dresser.png?

• hyuukiru

hyuukiru Space Hobo

C is the action key, isn't it? And yes, the override folder is in the mod folder, and dresser.png is there.

• Jinxiewinxie

X is the action key by default in game.

• hyuukiru

hyuukiru Space Hobo

I'm sorry, I misspoke- I meant the tool key (and my controls are default). I do appreciate your help, by the way!

• Jinxiewinxie

I'm pretty sure the C key is not used by anything by default in the game. However, what I'm trying to find out is if you are able to open the menu without seeing the dresser. You can change the key used to open the menu to whatever you like in the config.json file.. once you do so, can you please check to see if it opens the menu or not? Thanks!

• Tangel

Tangel Master Chief

thank you very much~

Jinxiewinxie likes this.