1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Starbound 1.4+] Playable Fenerox! 1.8.0 + 2020-07-31

Makes the adorable Fenerox species, playable!

1. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

They've said it a bunch of times, but this is the only one I had readily available to quote.

In a response to "Will Fenerox be playable?", Mollygos said:

Attached Files:

2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

You should probably add a bald hair style since they, y'know, don't have hair.

3. TanzNukeTerror

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm working on today. The default will be bald. The current hair is just placeholder.

Other than that: More colors. Many more.

Also I'm going to try and work on some armor, but I can't guarantee I'll finish those today.

4. Androconia

Androconia Void-Bound Voyager

H'mm, sadly I can't stop seeing them as snakes.

I didn't mean for anything I said to come off as offensive.

5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I actually have a question about this:
    If one was to replace their Fenerox character's ship with a fully vanilla one, then uninstall this mod...would the character still be selectable? I'm curious about this, mostly because I don't know if the Fenerox in Nightly are an actual NPC race a la the penguins, or a costume a la the Alpacas. If they are NPCs, does this mod simply make them select-able, or does it "add" a completely different version of the Fenerox for you to play as?
    Sorry if this isn't the right question to ask, I'm simply curious about how they function.

6. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

They are NPCs à la penguin.

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You need to keep the mod installed. It does more than just make them selectable. It uses vanilla assets for the race sprites, but there is much more to it than that.

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror updated [Cheerful Giraffe] Playable Species: Fenerox! with a new update entry:

Update for 2016-06-28

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. TanzNukeTerror

To add to the update notes, there are now 23 colors each for primary (body), secondary (socks, tummy, ears), and hair colors.

Attached image is the colors so far. I only used colors I found in the assets, and probably need to add more, but I was content with these ones for now.

Attached Files:

10. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Isn't that a bit too many, though? Even vanilla races don't use that much...

[​IMG]
    Doesn't that looks a bit too... colorful, for a Fenerox?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  11. TanzNukeTerror

At the moment in Nightly, Floran use, 24 leaf, and 22 flower colors.

Humans use 31 hair color.

So a few vanilla species do use that many. I'll probably cut out a few of the redundant ones so we have more variety and less "ever so slightly different" colors, but I'll be keeping all of the tan and most of the red ones.

The sets for hair and secondary colors are the same, and are from the same as the body, though. (Just, hair and secondary colors use three shades instead of four, and use the lighter three.

And yeah, I'll probably be dropping most of the blues.

12. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

But "ever so slightly different" colors are good for making your character one "color" so there isn't insane contrast without having it be bland unicolor.

13. TanzNukeTerror

I mean there's a few that are too close to tell the difference. But I get what you mean.

14. foreck

foreck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there any possibilities to add a nose to them? without a black pixel they don't look like foxes :( (as an option of course

15. Mmklop

Mmklop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any Idea what the ai will be? maybe a cactus. or a snake. or a palm tree. or a pile of sand.

16. TanzNukeTerror

In the Nightly, all AIs look the same, except for their colors. I'll be following that. At least for now.

17. Mmklop

Mmklop Subatomic Cosmonaut

I see.

18. CecilNailo

CecilNailo Void-Bound Voyager

I want to play with this mod but I have the Glad Giraffe. Hoping it will be compatible soon.

19. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

You see "Starbound - Unstable" under Starbound in your steam library? Right click that, click propesties, then go to betas, then enable nightly. Now if you run that you get Cheerful Giraffe.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  20. TanzNukeTerror