1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Starbound 1.4+] Playable Fenerox! 1.8.0 + 2020-07-31

Makes the adorable Fenerox species, playable!

1. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

2. Segenam

Segenam Phantasmal Quasar

The thing we all knew would appear as soon as it was shown on the Devblog.... It exists, it's amazing and we all must have it. I can't wait till it's all fleshed out, but for now it gets the job done.

3. LazuIi

LazuIi Void-Bound Voyager

Dang, that was quick. Good job on the mod though!

4. creeper22

creeper22 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm going to download this the moment 1.0 comes out their soo cute! Also like lazuli said that was fast good job!

5. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Which ship do they use currently?

6. creeper22

creeper22 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Floran I think.

7. TanzNukeTerror

Floran, at the moment.

Their character selection icon, ship, AI, respawn animation, teleport animation, and Protectorate objects are all Floran.

These are just placeholder until I can redo the art and stuff.

I'll be out probably all of today, but I have an hour or so to reply to messages.

Edit: I am now going to be out probably all day. See you guys when I get back! c:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  8. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well the teleport is green... or so. The beam in and beam out is blue and it turns green in the loading screen teleport cutscene. Which is awesome and I love it but it's rather confusing.

9. TanzNukeTerror

The teleport cinematic temporarily uses the Floran one. I've changed it in the latest version, and will update tomorrow morning. c:

10. Snowblindkitty

Snowblindkitty Void-Bound Voyager

Woo! So glad someone is working on this race as a playable mod

11. Androconia

Androconia Void-Bound Voyager

Well there's good speculation and bad speculation.
    Good (Maybe)
    They might get their own furniture which may help guide the way their tech will look.
    It'll might be easier to finish as some of it will already be done by chucklefish themselves.
    They may end up becoming a new race in general saving you the troubles. (If not they may end up like the alpaca and mushroom people, which is still okay.)
    They look like they'll fill in the missing reptile slot.
    Bad
    It will limit some of the creativity some if chucklefish does make some stuff for them.
    They may end up taking a turn in a way that isn't enjoyable.
    Some other things but my brain isn't working right now.

12. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

I'm pretty sure theybased them on fennec foxes, not reptiles.

13. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you want I could help sprite some stuff, since it can take a long time to sprite everything for a race mod by yourself.

Just start a conversation with me if you want my help. If not I still wish the best for you because you're doing an awesome job here!

14. TanzNukeTerror

Can confirm. Both have huge ears, both live in deserts, both have sandy-toned skin, both are "fen-".

But then, I'm not Chucklefish, so I guess I can't really properly confirm?

I'll be doing my best to follow what Chucklefish adds, so I can understand why you're thinking about some of those cons, but I also like to think that my imagination will find a way to make things work. So don't worry~

I want to try to do it myself, and the plan is to work on it every day. I don't exactly have a life, and this is something I feel like I'm totally ready to face. But I'll definitely keep your offer in mind! c:

15. TanzNukeTerror

16. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Good mod, looking forward to future additions like the ship and so on but I hope to god a mod will not need to add in lore for a vanilla race.......adding in lore for this race is absolutely 100% the job of Chucklefish. And I don't understand why they aren't making this a playable race to begin with......the game was always designed with eight primary races in mind as the gates suggest and they even had a race symbol in the 8th slot for a while before they made it blank again. And worst of all they refuse to answer questions about the 8th race.

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

There are no questions about the 8th race, since before it was a symbol representing the Ruin and beause the Ruin is a jerk they defaced it. It doesn't have a deeper meaning.

18. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

It not having a deeper meaning would greatly detract from the game.....the Ruin being on the gate signifies that it had a guardian.....a guardian who betrayed everyone else and the trust placed in it. There's also the bit that since only six of eight guardians were key holders the Ruin and the Novakid guardians were gatekeepers I imagine......and the ruin wasn't what the gate was initially created to keep locked away.......that eighth symbol carries A LOT of meaning and implications. I seriously hope it is not left ignored.

19. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror updated [Cheerful Giraffe] Playable Species: Fenerox! with a new update entry:

Update for 2016-06-27

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I
    I don't actually remember them saying if they won't make this a playable race.