1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

It's a test of self control. If you can't deal with it, then using the self-found exploits is advantageous in your play-throughs. c: Life lessons being taught by greenRAM.

2. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Looks like I haven't updated this in awhile. If I get too distracted and end up not giving this the attention it deserves anyone is totally free to take this and make it their own. Hopefully, I'll keep coming back to this though.

Looks like I'll have to wait for the new stable update to update that. Thanks for pointing it out.

From what I can tell so far, it should still be mostly usable with the new stable release when it comes out. I tried organizing the mod better when I first starting working on it, but I found that keeping everything compact and together like it is now is much more efficient to work with. If this mod was more modular it would be nice. If I ever actually finish I'll maybe think about restructuring it, probably as separate mods for each area, like you described.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Aldarion80 and Caudyr like this.
  3. Aldarion80

Aldarion80 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@greenRAM
    If as you said, it is better to wait for the 1.0, the code base can change and programming in json, because to solve that problem came another later in the treasure pools, I think it will be a hard and arduous work, attach all the code to the 1.0, just want to help with my two cents.

Greetings from Spain

4. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

More Floran goods! Some updates to 1.0! FU additions!

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. greenRAM

I gave the separate folder idea an initial run through to look at what it will take. It seems to get complicated really fast. I ended up throwing out my progress after a few hours of work after breaking something. With a solid plan it seems to be doable, but It will take a lot of time and I'll need to try to make as few separations as possible to keep myself from breaking anything.

Alternatively, what I found might be much simpler is to offer a separate version that's just the ore and liquid. I could get that done and uploaded quickly, and it will never need to be updated after the release of 1.0 presumably. I can get that done in maybe an hour or so, then test it and upload. Maybe optimize the graphics too if any aren't yet optimized. If I end up doing that what would you like me to include in the much simpler version?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  6. Aldarion80

the work you're doing GreenRam is incredible, I for my part I am testing in the nightly version, for my part, I decompile pak, I have seen that there is an error such as swordstone seed no longer exists, but there is a problem with the treasurepool copper plant, gives an error and gets you out of the world, but still work to recognize that there is commendable.

Here are the part of the log with the error in question.

[09: 33: 58,568] Error: WorldServerThread caught exception handling incoming packets for client 1: (TreasureException) Unknown treasure pool 'coppert0Harvest002'
    [0] 7ff7c3a05633 Star :: captureStack
    [1] 7ff7c3a040b8 StarException Star :: :: StarException
    [2] Star 7ff7c3e26b1a TreasureDatabase :: :: createTreasure
    [3] 7ff7c3e278af TreasureDatabase Star :: :: createTreasure
    [4] 7ff7c3e27813 TreasureDatabase Star :: :: createTreasure
    [5] 7ff7c3f996e2 Star :: :: harvest FarmableObject
    [6] 7ff7c3f99bbd Star :: :: interact FarmableObject
    [7] 7ff7c3f139f1 Star :: :: interact WorldServer
    [8] 7ff7c3f11378 WorldServer Star :: :: handleIncomingPackets
    [9] 7ff7c3f2358b WorldServerThread Star :: :: update
    [10] 7ff7c3f2315a WorldServerThread Star :: :: run
    [11] 7ff7c3a01e9e ThreadImpl Star :: :: runThread
    [12] 7ffe95f18102 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [13] 7ffe9866c5b4 RtlUserThreadStart

P.D : the biggest problem and the work will treasurepool, update for 1.0, that's going to take a long time and headache, so take it easy, we'll wait patiently for your stories.

Greetings from Spain.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  7. greenRAM

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! Once my copy of nightly is downloaded I'll take a look. The copper problem is interesting. I cant imagine what they did to break that.

8. Aldarion80

have changed all internal code, therefore I said that will be a headache for you, because now possibly will have to change all of the pools of each, besides implementing the new ore, tungsten, but hey go slowly, I will review each of the seeds, to see if it's only copper, but I thought I saw also gave me error in silver and others, if copper anger by others as well, I'll let you know more news about failures, also greetings to all from Spain.

9. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Pangalactic Porcupine

Quite simple, actually. And, most important, easy to fix. They changed the name of the file harvest.treasurepools you are patching; now it's called cropharvest.treasurepools.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Aldarion80 and greenRAM like this.
  10. greenRAM

Compatability for 1.0!

11. Zalexard

Zalexard Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey mate! Good to see you keep updating your mod. :D I was wondering, will you be porting your mods over to the Steam Workshop? Cheers!

Cheezemaniac likes this.
  12. Silent Strider

Some things still need changing in the new version, between errors and changes:

• All sound files are now .ogg files; oreseedmachine.object needs to be updated to reflect that, as it references two .wav files.
    • There is a typo in all item names that include "pressurised"; the mod calls them "pressurized" instead (and it should be noted that both ways of writing the word are valid, but the game went with "pressurised").
    • Some materials were removed and some were renamed:
      • rubium, cerulium, and impervium were completely removed, with nothing remaining in the game files (though FU might re-add them);
      • lead, platinum, plutonium, trianglium, and moonstoneore still exist in the files but aren't used for anything anymore;
      • ferozium is now a base ore rather than a compound; the base ore needs to be added, and the crafting material name was changed to refinedferozium.
      • durasteel is now a base ore; the base ore needs to be added, though the crafting material didn't change its name (still called durasteelbar).
      • steel is now tungsten; everything that was previously named after steel, apart from steeldrum (not included in the mod), is now named for tungsten (tungstenbar, tungstenplatform) or durasteel (pressuriseddurasteel).

greenRAM likes this.
  13. greenRAM

Thanks! I got through it all. I'll test it all out and look for a few more additional fixes before I update.

Zalexard likes this.
  14. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Probably told already, but the Ore plant teirs are broken again. As in the recipes for T1-4 don't add for ore plants (they still do for coal and liquid plants though)

15. Liton

Liton Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, I've found a bug (hopefully it's not already stated, I read as much as I could) but "Blank Tech Card" aka Tech Card isn't able to be made into seeds. It says it should be on the "plantable things" text file. Manipulator Modules work fine, so I think it's a name change/etc bug like the others that have happened. Just wanted to report it, in case it helps at all. Love the mod~ <3

greenRAM likes this.
  16. Riddle78

Riddle78 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think I encountered a slight oversight; It seems Tungsten Plants,or at the very least,the T0 Tungsten Plants,have the same yield as liquid plants. Extra resources are indeed nice,but I don't think this is intended.

17. Silent Strider

Last I looked every ore from Frackin Universe was like that; before 1.0 Tungsten was a FU ore.

18. Riddle78

Riddle78 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm,possible... Still,though,maybe the payout should be brought into the line of Vanilla oreplants?

Also,tangentially related,Liquid Erchius Fuel. If I make,and then harvest,a Liquid Erchius Fuel plant,will I get the Unwanted Visitor on my Agriworld,or is it stuck on the moon?

greenRAM likes this.
  19. greenRAM

I see. I put a few of the ores from FU into the "liquid" category by mistake. You should be fine with moon spawns staying on the moon.

Didn't see that. Got it changed. Hope I don't find too many more things like that.

I can't seem to duplicate that error. Holding the T0 seeds seems to update the recipe for the T1 seeds for me. Is there a specific plant that's not progressing for you?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  20. greenRAM

More 1.0 fixes!