Second Life

Discussion in 'Games' started by eksynn, Jun 20, 2016.

?

Are you a Resident? (Please comment)

1. Yes!

30.8%
  2. No...

46.2%
  3. No, I have a Surname!

7.7%
  4. Yes, AND I have a Surname!

15.4%
  1. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

This thread's purview is to gather Second Life users who also play Starbound.
    We have a Starbound group within SL (
    it's literally named 'Starbound'), so feel free to join us any time!

Link to join the group directly coming soon.
    (
    Because I'm not in-world right now lol)

Thought it might be worth to note that my username on SL is Eksynn Resident (as well as Eksynn Jules, but i use Resident more lately) xD

LIST OF Starbound/SL USERS

starbound : SL
    eksynn
    : eksynn resident / eksynn jules
    LazerRay
    : ???
    Commander Scout
    : ???

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I might not be able to find/join the Starbound group in SL for a while, since I'm trapped on public networks, but when I can finally login there again, I will check it out.

You should be able to recognize my profile image here, its actually a photo of my avatar from Second Life, even though the AV is store bought, almost nobody uses avatars from Korobro Works (a Japanese tiny maker), so I should be easy to spot even in a group of other tinies. I you find yourself in the Raglan Shire Tiny community or hanging out in the region Kuula (the main area for New Citizens Inc.), someone there might still remember me since I was the only 3' tall white robot in both groups.

3. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

i don't usually hang around tinies too much xD not cuz i'm against them, but because i never really leave my lab heh
    let me know
    ^^ we should hang out and stuffs.

also, totally forgot to grab that link lol

sidenote: this thread has to do with both SL AND starbound.. why was it moved? o.o

4. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Like I said before, I can't log into SL right now since I don't have a proper internet connection, but you should check out Raglan Shire since they have several big themed events throughout the year. As for New Citizens Inc. its good place to learn something new or refresh yourself on something, and they also have weekly free events to check out.

5. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

neat ^^ i'll give it a look as soon as i can
    when do you expect to have internet back?

on that note, i'm thinking about making starbound-related items on sl
    =x like armors and items and things... but it'll probably be unscripted for a while xD
    and my meshing skills are very lacking.
    unless there's already doing something like that
    o.o anyone knows of anything like that?

6. 2nd Lieutenant Raoni

2nd Lieutenant Raoni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i used to play SL, but i got bored and left the game. maybe ill be back to it thx to this :DD

eksynn likes this.
  7. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I don't expect to have my own internet connection for a long time, I'm barley keeping my 7 year old gaming based laptop working, the replacement parts are expensive and becoming very difficult to find (I defiantly don't have the budget for a new system).

On the note about making Starbound items in SL, several things could be made out of normal Prims or possibly Sculpts, and unscripted things are fine and long as they have the "Copy" and "Mod" permissions turned on.

8. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

hope to see you there =D
    SL is more fun if you don't treat it as something it's not ^^ (a game)

fug. i lost '
    the game'.

so you're purposefully not getting a new system? xD are you trying to kill your pc before you're forced to get a new one or...?

i only make copy/mod stuff ^^ and i'd make it in mesh instead - sculpts are bleh and prims are too primy lol

i need to learn to mesh more
    >.<

2nd Lieutenant Raoni likes this.
  9. 2nd Lieutenant Raoni

I used to play with some buds, but they eventualy left and i was alone sooo, i also left. But ill reinstall it and i hope i can find you guys :DD

10. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I can't afford a new computer right now since I don't have enough income, you can't afford much of anything when your job only gives you 4 hours a week, except during November and December (what i call "Retail Hell") and I have bills/rent to pay.

I used to enjoy SL a lot, being part of two communities and hanging out with people who actually understood who I was, yes I was part of the majority of SL (Those who used non-human avatars), but is was fun seeing all the avatar diversity.

The two communities I was apart of where:

New Citizens Inc. (Officially its the largest and oldest new resident help group), it grew into a community with every one who hung out in their locations, (I was commonly found in the planters at the Kuula region).

Raglan Shire Tiny Community, a fun place that ran all kinds of events through out the year along with just general craziness, I like to compare the place with Jim Henson's Muppets (if you vist the community, you will see why).

I just hope that some day I can return to the grid and rejoin all the fun I missed out on, see what has changed, and find my friends again, I have been locked out for several years now since I can't afford my own internet connection (Note, this is why i tend to use an image of my avatar from SL on various sites, so people can still find me).

11. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

cool ^^ so far it's just me
    region name:
    serenity vista...
    i'll post the slurl some time.
    xD
    what viewer do you (all) use?

@LazerRay - depending on when the last time it was that you logged in, you've probably been missing a LOT o.o
    i haven't heard of raglan shire, but i think i remember hearing about NCI... but just by passing, and maybe only once, ages ago xD back when sculpts were still a big deal

i'll try to reintroduce everyone into it if you're a returning resident ^^

12. 2nd Lieutenant Raoni

i use the standard viewer. my ingame name is the same as the forum's. gonna play it on sunday

13. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

i strongly recommend you use the firestorm viewer - you will not regret it.

14. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Its been a few years since my last login, do have some contact with some friends from Raglan Shire since they have a Steam group, but its very limited, its a shame the the community web site is mostly abandoned and the forums there are empty, as for NCI they also had a web site, just no one really used it, again I hope to return some day and see what has changed, it would also require updating a lot of things (my viewers default and Firestorm, all my Novatech items, being re-added to groups, and re-learning the layouts of areas).

If anyone visits you may want to check out any news relating to a concert by Songbird Sorbert, she is very good and I got to see her rise quickly since after entering a film festival one year, and yes Songbird also happens to be one of the Raglan Shire tinies.

I also recommend Firestorm viewer, it has some very useful features that Linden Labs never even though of for the default (the funny thing that some the devs were once part of LL years ago), and a side note on Firestorm one of the devs also makes Qavimator (a free program to make animations for SL) and she is one of the event DJs for NCI.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016