1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Cheerful Giraffe] Unstable Fix [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by TanzNukeTerror, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecretSmoke

SecretSmoke Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, so I will have to make a new character?
    Where is this log file at, exactly?
    I'm sorry I seem so newbish, I suppose it's my own fault for playing nightly this close to release.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

I've relayed the information to TanzNukeTerror on how to fix the problem with blank tech consoles.

It's a problem when a tech doesn't exist and the function to remove the tech from the player had changed name.
    I betcha the next push to Nightly will include all of this anyway... haha

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  3. SecretSmoke

SecretSmoke Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, cool!
    I just want to thank both of you again for being so responsive and explaining the situation.
    (Plus exploring with only gravity staves and grappling hooks to increase my jump makes me feel like an intrepid frontiersman which is 99% of the feeling I'm looking for in these games anyway.... :D )

popyjopy6 and thatfeelinc like this.
  4. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

installation method has changed.. there's no-longer any need to have a 'storage' folder. it's simply 'starbound - unstable/mods' now

5. Vetpetmon

Vetpetmon Void-Bound Voyager

I have the mod installed, but I still can't beam down onto certain planets, it just beams me back to the ship instead of down onto the planet (I need to go down onto a forest planet for a quest!)

Please fix this, it's keeping me (and possibly others) from doing the quest for finding the clues to the Floran Artifact's location!

6. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Post your starbound.log

7. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

I'd appreciate if you didn't treat this as if I was getting paid.

I'm fixing things as I find them, and @v6ooo is helping. I haven't had a problem beaming down to planets.

Did you delete your universe folder after installing this mod? Because you should have.

eksynn likes this.
  8. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

i didn't. it works fine for me

by the way, is it ok to remove the mod once i get the quest started?

9. TanzNukeTerror

I recommend deleting universe folders anyway, as that's usually the best way to avoid problems with previously-generated things that are broken.

Not sure about uninstalling the mod after getting the quest started. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you feel like taking a risk, go ahead.

10. TanzNukeTerror

11. popyjopy6

popyjopy6 Void-Bound Voyager

12. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

If you've installed this mod then you need to use /enabletech if you want to add & activate a tech, or /maketechavailable if you want to buy them using tech cards.

airdash
    blinkdash
    dash
    sprint
    aquasphere
    distortionsphere
    sonicsphere
    spikesphere
    doublejump
    multijump
    rocketjump
    walljump

If you remove the mod then you remove all fixes. Most of the issues this mod addresses have not been resolved in the game yet.

13. midii

midii Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to point out that Treasured Trophies is crashing, but I bet you already know that, also keep up the good mods :D

14. Maeko

Maeko Void-Bound Voyager

I got an error 'Exception caught in client main-loop (AssetException) Path '' must be absolute.' I don't understand what this means :/

Attached Files:

15. TanzNukeTerror

16. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

There's some problems with the quest system that the developers need to fix themselves.

17. The Flying Democrab

The Flying Democrab Void-Bound Voyager

Woo, bug report:

When talking to the apex on the Tech Station on the Outpost for the 2nd mission (after giving him/her the 10 copper bars) or the penguin at the fake bar for the first, the game CTDs.

18. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

I am at work right now for at least another 6 hours and unable to check anyrhing.
    The quest system has been crashing on multiple quests, not just the ones we have modified.

@TanzNukeTerror, I forgot to make the quest templates patches. I can't tell if this will break them due to the quest-system being wonky but you should definately look over it if you have time. Only the tech names should have been changed/fixed. I can't diff the daily update until I get home in 6+ hours.

19. popyjopy6

popyjopy6 Void-Bound Voyager

Hiya me naggin' again. So i opened up the ark and i can't get to the ruins, It kinda kicks me out. Please help.

20. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

That part of the story is locked away from the public.

We haven't even touched the quests you mentioned but the daily push on Steam seem to have fixed the issues with quests.
    Now I haven't tested all quests in the game but the ones available at the Outpost no longer seem to crash the game.

The Flying Democrab likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.