Adds daily notifications for several events

1. dreamsicl

dreamsicl Void-Bound Voyager

dreamsicl submitted a new mod:

Daily Notifications - Adds daily notifications for several events

Read more about this mod...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
      sshaman, FenHin, Hinayuna and 14 others like this.
    • Ryuuze

Ryuuze Void-Bound Voyager

This is a pretty neat mod, especially since i always forget about those tv shows xD

anyhow, it doesn't seem to work for me, i don't get any notifications, but smapi does say the mod is loaded when i start up the game.. Do you have any idea of what it could be?
      CJB Automation
      CJB Cheats menu
      CJB Item Spawner
      CJB Show Item Sell Price
      Daily Notifications (that's what i'm here for :p)
      Gift Taste Helper
      Insant Geode
      No Soil Decay
      NPC Map Locations
      Reusable Wallpaper and floors
      Configurable Improved Sprinklers Mod
      Trainer Mod

I don't know if not having upgraded my house at all has any effect on it at all?

EDIT: Forgot to say, i'm using the latest steam version of Stardew Valley as of 1st of may '16 along with smapi 0.40.0

Last edited: May 1, 2016
      • boxbag

boxbag Space Spelunker

I have the same problem. Sometimes the mod work, sometime it doesn't.

• Kupo93

Kupo93 Orbital Explorer

So I noticed that if you end a day where you made money off of the storage bin thing, the notifications pop up while in your cutscene and you miss all of the notifications.
          Is there a way to fix that?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

She would have to delay the notifications happening until the 6:10 tick, since that is the earliest event that triggers after the end of night menu.

• Ryuuze

Yeah, i was experimenting with a few things yesterday and ended up making my own version that triggers at 6:10 am instead, the only bad thing about changing from DayOfMonthChanged to TimeOfDayChanged is that it pretty much checks every 10 min.. instead of just once a day, but well, it stops at the first if() cause it's not the right time :p

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You could hook for TimeOfDayChanged during DayOfMonthChanged, and then in TimeOfDayChanged remove the hook again.

• Ryuuze

good thinking, i didn't think of that o:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You probably wouldnt have, since unregistering events or registering them anywhere but Entry isnt something that is intuitive. :)

• pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

This looks like an amazing mod. I will have to look into trying it out.

• Ryuuze

For the time being, i'd suggest you pick up this version instead https://mega.nz/#!OM9QFQRK!_xzGki_dZB3Gmq4JmYbWCM1eV-Kxq2RYWdXZpIK7pcA it triggers at 6:10 am to ensure you actually get to see all the notifications, and i added a sound to it aswell. (this is only untill the original author updates their mod to fix the issue where notifications often disappear before morning)

GBDetective and jbeom like this.
                        • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

I've noticed that the mod doesn't work for the second save file. Not the second on the GUI but the second one in the folder. (I'd assume this is the same for the third or fifth etc.) When save file before it is cleared out (making it the first) it works fine.

• Ryuuze

So far as i can see by the code, both for the one i fixed and the original, that shouldn't be an issue (i've tested with multiple save files myself, but then again, the original one doesn't work at all times in the first place)

Anyways, i went ahead and updated the mod, added configuration to it, so you can have multiple trigger times, set by yourself, and you can enable/disable any of the notifications aswell as the sound in the config file:
                            Version 1.2
                            the format for trigger times is simple: 610 = 6:10 am, 1300 = 1:00 pm, and remember to separate every time with a comma, but if there is only one, then no comma is needed :p

EDIT: don't set the triggering time to 600 (6:00 am) as it will occasionally trigger them behind the profit menu that pops up when you sleep, and disappear before you get past that, which results in you missing the notification.

Requires SMAPI installed

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
                              clearbit, Vith, DatRaph and 6 others like this.
                            • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Thanks for sharing your edits with us! I was using the older version so that could have entirely been the problem. I'll use yours and see if that fixes the issue. d:

• Ryuuze

I hope it works for you ^^

• dawgeth

dawgeth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love this! Added it to my Year in the Valley series I'm running on YouTube. So helpful! Thanks so much again.

• pikachu594

pikachu594 Void-Bound Voyager

were do i put it?

• Ryuuze

into the mods folder in the game folder, that's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods" to me, probably somewhere around the same to you :p
                                      (ofc, extract it there, so it becomes like this: http://prntscr.com/bfsneh )

• itsmickib

itsmickib Void-Bound Voyager

I don't have any file like that:confused:

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Have you installed SMAPI?