[Nightly] Is anyone else having this problem?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by thatfeelinc, Jun 18, 2016.

1. thatfeelinc

thatfeelinc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having a problem in nightly where books/codexes don't exist? In every bookshelf I find, instead of a codex, there's a perfectly generic item. I'm not asking for a fix, I just want to know if it's something other people are experiencing or if it's just my game.

Attached Files:

2. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

This has been the case since a while. A lot of the lore has or is being revamped therefore all the old codexes are currently removed from the game to prevent spoilers for people playing nightly.

This is "things working as they are currently intended"until the new book items are all ready to put back into the game.

3. thatfeelinc

I didn't know this, thank u so much!!!

4. Ludovic

Personally I'm almost glad they did so. It actually leaves surprises even for those using mods to unlock other locked content, so there will be even more reasons to make sure to be there for 1.0's launch :3

Vrow, Hawklaser and thatfeelinc like this.
  5. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lore in varied items I see as perfectly fine to keep away from your "Beta Testers" or "Public test group" which is really what those of us playing nightly and unstable are. Some key areas, especially those tied to early progression, should be available for testers as those are the ones that really do need to be mass bug tested before a launch. Part of why I do have the nightly story mod, just so can help test those areas and make sure they are working right, especially since changes keep happening.

So them keeping the lore codexs hidden from us makes perfect sense, and no real reason for people to go digging for ways to see them in advance unlike with early story areas that can block character progression.

thatfeelinc and Ludovic like this.
  6. thatfeelinc

agreed! i guess i just didn't read the mod post well enough to know that they were taking it away for a while to revamp -- i thought it was supposed to be an immediate thing

7. Hawklaser

I didn't know that they were specifically holding the lore back as well, but did know they were working on them and was a little curious as to why have not been finding any codexs but was not super worried about it due to what I mentioned above. After all checking if the books are working right is a simple thing to do and does not need a lot of testers for, as just have to check that they are opening up right and displaying the right lore, beyond that its just editing whats written in them.

Mentioning it is a good thing still, as if it wasn't intentional there would be a problem of the items not spawning in like they should.

8. Ludovic

I'm glad to have helped then :)
    But the fact it was specifically the "perfectly generic item" it what tipped me off. This was specifically a placeholder meant to replace copies of items that had been specifically removed from the game from one version to another. Something that was notable to specifically deal with people importing a save including equipment that wasn't existing anymore in a more up to date version of the game(for example solarium ore once was an example of such until the recent nightly re-implemented it as a form of ore).

9. Hawklaser

Yeah, the perfectly generic item was a little bit of a tip off as well for me, just wasn't sure if it was due to them working on the books and changing names of things and missing the books due to when the universe was generated or if it was something else. It wasn't a big deal to worry about so I never looked farther into it.

Ludovic likes this.
  10. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

books and lore will be 'unlocked' rather than read... similar to Elder Scrolls Online

still miss the physical pile of books though. lol