Future Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by chat, Jun 16, 2016.

1. chat

chat Void-Bound Voyager

hi! this is my first post on the forum, but i did want to mention some things that i though would be interesting for the game!

i have several ideas that i personally think sound really fun and would add some interesting things to the game!

my first idea is for the children
    ive seen several people suggest similar things, but i think it would be really interesting if the kids grew older and worked around the farm depending on your relationship with them, and possibly even giving them a set personality depending on how you 'raise' the child!
    i also think it would be interesting if you give birth to a child or your spouse does, that the child takes after one of you! as for adoption, that can be completely random

my other idea is for the marriage candidates! i think it would be extremely fun to have rivals! and not just a set rival, too!
    an example of a set rival would be if youre trying to marry abigail. sebastian would be the set rival and youd have to try and romance her before he does.
    without a set rival, it could be ANY bachelor that you would have to challenge for abigails love!
    and if you want certain characters to get together, you could possibly urge them to go after the other, for example, there could be a scene with sam and he says something about the girls or boys in the town and who your character thinks he would make a good couple with. the options could be the other marriage candidates or even yourself, which could possiby trigger a heart event of some kind with sam. if you say someone like leah to sam, he could say that maybe he might just try asking her on a date.

and with the whole rival system, you can watch as they all date other characters and eventually get with another! i think them having children as well would be a cute idea, too. like your children on the farm could befriend the children of the characters that your farmer is closest to!

its just some food for thought, but feel free to add something if you agree!

CjBeats likes this.
    • ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

I'm not sure about the competition thing, rivals sure but it should be avoidable too. CA made the grandpa thing re-doable because the issues of being rushed so rushing people into marriage isn't really appealing IMHO. But having it would be nice.

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

You have some good ideas! I don't know how the rivals would work too well with the rest of the game, but i do wanna see the other backelor(ettes) get together! Welcome to the forums!!

• chat

chat Void-Bound Voyager

the rival system could be optional, possibly, or could only trigger when you have a certain amount of hearts with the character and stuff! with a set event that you could see, maybe. and probabaly multiple events for each rival, too. i just figured it would interesting and make the game a bit more fun when it comes to that aspect!
          the events obviously can be avoided, so if you really dont want to go along with the rival system, you can always just skip or avoid the events!
          (also, thank you for the warm welcome!!)

ChaosAzeroth and CjBeats like this.
          • ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

This is the best/safest way I've seen stuff like that done. :3

• Chukkaque

Chukkaque Void-Bound Voyager

You could add a game mode at the start for rivals or something. I like the idea. Or at the very least once you are married having other folks branch off and start families would really make the game feel more alive.