RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Yes, you should be able to extend the female_bottoms or male_bottoms image by 96 pixels to the right, and then just paste down your new dress in the empty space and save the image. Once that is done, you need to go to your config file and make sure to change either malebottoms or femalebottoms to one number higher so that your bottoms show up in game.

• Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you! It worked.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

can everyone get those extra bottoms?

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
        • Hitgirl911

Yes, I plan to release them once the female version is done :)

Jinxiewinxie and taintedwheat like this.
          • RisingManes

RisingManes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had this problem too. It only seems to happen with the first-tier house. If you upgrade, the issue disappears.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

oh? Let me try to upgrade it then

Update: Yup I rushed an upgrade on my character that was having the problem and now she loads in with her outfit I wanted. So seems to be an issue somewhere in the original house.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
              • Jinxiewinxie

That is so strange! Glad it was figured out! I'll see if I can figure out why that would be a thing.

• Hitgirl911

Hello! I finished the male bottoms and it worked fine. However when adding the female bottoms, the game crashes even if I follow the steps that you given me :(

[01:31:34.240 PM] An exception occured in XNA UpdateTick: System.ArgumentException: The rectangle is too large or too small for this resource.
                  Parameter name: rect
                  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture.GetAndValidateRect(_D3DSURFACE_DESC* __unnamed000, UInt32* pdwLockWidth, UInt32* pdwLockHeight, Nullable`1 rect)
                  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CopyData[T](Int32 level, Nullable`1 rect, T[] data, Int32 startIndex, Int32 elementCount, UInt32 options, Boolean isSetting)
                  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.GetData[T](Int32 level, Nullable`1 rect, T[] data, Int32 startIndex, Int32 elementCount)
                  at GetDressed.GetDressed.PatchTexture(Texture2D& targetTexture, String overridingTexturePath, Int32 sourceID, Int32 targetID, Int32 gridWidth, Int32 gridHeight)
                  at GetDressed.GetDressed.Event_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                  at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                  at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeUpdateTick()
                  [01:31:34.285 PM] An exception occured in XNA UpdateTick: System.ArgumentException: The rectangle is too large or too small for this resource.​

The size of the female_bottom.png after adding the new dress is 1056x672.

This is the said file: female_bottoms.png

And here's a screenshot of the config file. Config file.JPG

Edit: The error also happens with the male bottoms and it seems to happen every time the psconfig file is made. Deleting the psconfig file stops the error but I don't think that should be happening...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
                  • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Absolutely bizarre. I'll need to test this myself later.

Maybe it has to do with the bed being used? It pulls the bed from another sprite sheet (the town interiors one) and that's legit the only thing I can think of that'd be different from the first tier house except for where the game has you load up in the morning being a different coordinate.

Zalkyria likes this.
                    • Jinxiewinxie

Here are the needed files to use this skirt with Get Dressed. Once I finish my next mod update, I'll include the skirt with the regular mod download if that's alright, HitGirl ^_^

Attached is a zip, just open it up and then replace your config file in the main GetDressed folder with the one in zip

and replace female_bottoms & male_bottoms in the overrides folder with the ones from the zip too.

Attached Files:

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • Hitgirl911

I wouldn't mind you adding the dress to the mod :) (I actually use the skirts with your mod already. Seriously I love your mod, I can't live without it since I practically change my character's clothes (and occasionally gender) at whim and walking all the way to the wizard's tower isn't worth it and he won't let me change gender :rofl:)

Would you need the files to go with it? (To make the workload easier?)

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                        • Jinxiewinxie

No, I made a new female_bottoms and male_bottoms to include the ballgown for both. Its just when I release an update of the mod I'll include them with it by default instead of having people download it separately as is now.

I still don't know what went wrong when you tried to add the ballgown, it worked for me following the same process (add 96 pixels to the right of the image, paste down the 96 skirt pixels, save, update config to show an extra bottom).

• CinnamonSailor

CinnamonSailor Intergalactic Tourist

Hey! For some reason, the mod isn't working, Where exactly do I put everything? I put accessories into characters/farmer, and farmer_base and farmer_girl_base into characters/farmer, Please help!!

• Jinxiewinxie

So, inside the download there is a folder called GetDressed. Put that entire folder into your Mods folder. Don't take anything out of it.

• Jinxiewinxie

Here's what things should look like:

[​IMG]

(psconfigs folder and the config file get created the first time you start the game with the mod)

and then inside the overrides folder:

[​IMG]

(I have an extra image called female_facesWorking, just ignore that it was for testing)

• Hitgirl911

Okay then! :) I might make other bottoms hahaha, I'll just sent it your way if ever. If you don't mind :)

The error seemed to go away by itself O.O deleting the psconfig file fixed it. Maybe it was an isolated case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                  • CinnamonSailor

CinnamonSailor Intergalactic Tourist

• Jinxiewinxie

Can you post a screenshot of your mod folder and the overrides folder? Also, which version of SMAPI do you have?

• Jinxiewinxie

Working on an update that will let you save three favorites and makes it more of a menu than a single screen ^_^

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Ribbonain, Cerius, foghorn and 3 others like this.
                                        • Hitgirl911

That looks sooooo awesome! I have a question though? Will it be limited to just three? (I tend to change clothes per season so this will be very handy :D)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk