1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Cheerful Giraffe] Unstable Fix [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by TanzNukeTerror, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raskon

Raskon Space Hobo

hey guys, sorry if it has been already discussed but,can devs just add 1 sound - grumbling stomach, o my god it would 10/10. So basically it grumbles when u have like lower than 5-10% foodmeter, and u can hear that and eat before u die stupidly? i do not know how game calculates hunger, but i m pretty sure it is not hard to implement this. i hope smb from devs read this

2. Aldarion80

Aldarion80 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

I'm sorry, but I'm starting to have a very hard time understanding what you're saying.

I'm trying to keep up with Nightly, but Chucklefish is going through and changing over 50 things per day now.

It's really hard to keep up when so many things change so quickly. Chucklefish is in full tilt and things are just flying down the assembly line.

4. Aldarion80

Aldarion80 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I understand perfectly, I am hardworking and now you're like everyone else, very overworked, I do not ask you to do it fast, the creator is the one who puts his time and standard, so we'll have here waiting for new updates until it is 1.0; )

Greetings from Spain.

5. TanzNukeTerror

6. popyjopy6

popyjopy6 Void-Bound Voyager

So i installed the mod yesterday and there was no problem till the last nightly update. I cannot go to any missions cause my A.I won't let me. Please help

7. Spiderslay3r

Spiderslay3r Star Wrangler

I also experienced this.

8. TheDagueron

TheDagueron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a problem with missions, i can't teleport with the sail. I did the "Erchius Mining Facility" mission but i can't teleport to "The Ceremonial Hunting Carverns". Please can you help me?

Nevermind, I saw that the problem is the latest version.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  9. RoBoRo

RoBoRo Intergalactic Tourist

Anyone else having problems with the tex with the update of june 17th?

10. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

It seem to be the case for everyone. Likely a change from nightly itself trying to overhaul/tweak tech stuff themselves.

Possibly just minor interface polish that accidently broke the tech station interface.

11. Andrew88

Andrew88 Big Damn Hero

Hi guys ... i installed the nightly build on a linux server and when i add the nightly fix in to mods and i try to start the server it gives me this error:

Error: Could not apply patch from backend: Folder <../giraffe_storage/mods/Nightly_Fix_v1.7.5/.>. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "introInstance" to remove

i attached the log as well.

hope you can help me.

thank you

Attached Files:

12. TanzNukeTerror

Works fine for me. Are you sure you've opted in for Nightly, and not just Unstable?

Working on a fix. Will release tomorrow morning. (In 9-ish hours.)

Lt. Chapwisely and Ludovic like this.
  13. Andrew88

Andrew88 Big Damn Hero

When i installed the srv i made "app_update 211820 -beta nightly validate"

i will try again .... i wanted nightly .... not unstable .... but this is the command i fond on a tutorial ...

Edit : I reinstalled the server from 0 .... same thing .... when i login to steam and try to update with the command : app_update 211820 -beta nightly validate, it tels me it's up to date ...

but when i star the server it tels me :
    Info: Server Version 'Beta v. Glad Giraffe - Update 3' Revision: 30555b17a491c2a97ab0afbff3b848a1fd937dbd Protocol: 711

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  14. TanzNukeTerror

15. thatfeelinc

thatfeelinc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried to enable tech with the command /makeTechAvailable and it says "not enouch arguments for /maketechavailable" ? it says the same thing when I try /enableTech

16. SecretSmoke

SecretSmoke Void-Bound Voyager

I've tried enabling and showing several techs, but the tech console is still empty.
    (I would also like to say that this mod is amazing and you are my hero)

17. TanzNukeTerror

You've tried the latest update?

Did you try /makeTechAvailable ?

Also, it's no problem~ Except I won't be able to cover 100% of the issues Nightly has, so there will still be issues.

18. SecretSmoke

SecretSmoke Void-Bound Voyager

*nod nod*
    Just installed the update and tried /makeTechAvailable.
    I dunno if I'm getting the names wrong maybe? I tried dash, and dashtech, and sprint, but none of them showed any result...
    *edit*
    This was a currently existing character, and I may be just a bit dumb with the case, but I tried several combinations....
    Maybe I just don't know the proper tech names.

19. TanzNukeTerror

"tech" was removed from most tech, as far as I know.

Try on a new character?

@v6ooo is the one who made the tech fixes. Oi mate, get in 'ere. c:

20. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

I'm afraid I'm not able to test old chars with techs already enabled from an older version as I don't have one.

Edit: This is on a new character
    http://imgur.com/bkrEHFK

Edit2: It's possible there are errors in your log file... You know the log file everyone keeps forgetting about.

Edit3: Ok, if you tech console station is empty it is because you've added or have learned techs that do not exist.
    An example is if you had previously learned "dashtech" then it will fail as the tech is named "dash" now.

I will look into if it if is possible to remove techs from players or make a fail-safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.