RELEASED Velverette's Anime Portrait+Sprite Mod (UPDATE 10/29)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by velverette, Jun 5, 2016.

?

What would you like to see the Wizard as?

1. A beautiful witch

2. A cute little witch (like witchie from SoS)

3. Leave him as a wizard

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. velverette

velverette Subatomic Cosmonaut

***UPDATE OCT 19: ALEX IS DONE!! Also rereleased Leah and Shane.
    ***UPDATE OCT 20: Small update, added Jas sprites compatible with randomanon123's mod. I didn't have them before and now I do!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]***UPDATE OCT 24: Big update this time, mostly involving re-released portraits and sprites.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/FONT]

• Robin and Demetrius are done!
      • Shane, Pam, Emily, Maru, and Haley have been rereleased. Changes range from possibly unnoticeable to slight improvements. Still, please update your files.
      • Added some new alternate options: blue haired Haley, blonde Emily, and a daker skinned Maru to match alternate Demetrius.

***UPDATE OCT 29: Caroline, Pierre, Jodi, Kent, Sandy, and Willy have been added! New alternates for Sam, Vincent, and Alex. Please redownload Marnie's sprite, one of her animations was wonky. Also, take a look at the poll I added :)
    ONE MORE THING in case you missed it, I also added a file with the cursors.xnb sprites if you want to go grab that :)

WARNING: if cleavage offends you, you won't like this mod. I love cleavage lol.
    This was originally meant for my personal use but I decided to share it! I just wanted different hairstyles for the girls so I went and made my own portraits.
    These were made to suit my very specific tastes, and as such most of them don't look like the source material so I understand they're not for everybody, but I hope you like it! Also yes, I do intend to do most if not all villagers, but it takes time so please be patient!

Also school just started for me (10/31) so I'm taking a break to put 100% of my focus on it. So don't expect any more updates for a while!

EXTRAS:

• No glasses options for both Maru and Harvey
    • A Jas portrait and sprite option that is compatible with randomanon123's character development mod

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Alternate Colors
    :
    Download Villagers_Alternate.zip

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Download at Nexus

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
      Takizuzufu, Nevis, Exiom and 30 others like this.
    • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Very cute! I love what you did with the sprite too :D

Blooper8484 and velverette like this.
      • Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

Love it!!! Definitely going to use it. Keep up the good work!

velverette likes this.
        • velverette

Ahhh thank you!! I'm so happy you guys like it <3

Blooper8484 and Zalkyria like this.
          • Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

Oh my gosh these are so adorable ;____; LET ME LOVE YOU FOR AWHILE :nuruflirt:

Give it time and they'll get popular c< (And then I will request all the alternate color schemes, mwahaha!)

Blooper8484, velverette and Zalkyria like this.
            • velverette

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you like them :) Alternate colors are super fun, I can't wait! :DD

I finished all the sketches, so here's a preview of what's to come:

[​IMG]

Maru's glasses will be added in later and also will be optional :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
              • Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

The fact you kept Abigail's bow makes me happy to no end because so many people remove it ;a;

I'm stalking this thread now so except regular fangirling when you release things <3

Blooper8484, Zalkyria and velverette like this.
                • velverette

Hehe I really appreciate it <3

UPDATE: Emily added! Also alternates for Emily and Leah!

How do I change the title??? xD

• Blooper8484

Penny looks so cute in that sketch!!! I hope she's the next one you do. And i really like Emily with that choker
                    I don't know how to change the title, isn't there a button that says edit?

EDIT: go to thread tools and choose edit title

• velverette

omg thank you so much!! This whole time I was thinking I screwed myself over and would have to make a new thread lol. I'm really happy you like it! I'm actually planning to do it in this order: Haley, Penny, Abigail, Maru (maybe.) So after Haley I'll get to Penny :)

mrobake likes this.
                      • Blooper8484

You're welcome!
                        Thanks for telling me, that means i won't have to wait too much (take your time though) Good luck!!!

velverette likes this.
                        • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Ohmyyyy. I love the sprite work. ;__;

You should definitely consider releasing a set of the sprite work you did on these characters for people to use on the Get Dressed mod by Jinxie.

I love their clothes. Especially Emily's. I wear chunky shoes for days.

• velverette

Thank you so much!! I'll definitely think about it after I get these done :D

I actually made myself a female farmer base using Jinxie's's feminine farmer as a base. I made it the standard height with a round face and used the skirt I really like and now my farmer is way more to my liking!
                            [​IMG]

I'm willing to share mine if you want, otherwise I definitely recommend you check out Alex_01's feminine farmer if you haven't already :) (which hasn't yet been made compatible with Jinxie's mod due to some issues unfortunately)

[EDIT: corrected, it's Jinxie's base]
                            [EDIT: actually now that I'm remembering, it's a combination of Alex_01's and Jinxie's]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
                              taintedwheat likes this.
                            • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Holy! Yes! That's adorable! Waaat! n__n Kudos to you, I have hard time having patience working with frames >.<

i like what you did what the hands !

I don't remember what we were talking about what the issue could be but probably the height so yours may work!

ah i love body options! somehow the sailor moon sprites haaave to work, they're kinda tall though i think gotta cut a pixel away from their thighs or something.

• velverette

Thank you! All the credit really goes to Jinxie, I just worked with what they provided hehe. The only issue with mine is sometimes the skirt (when using Alex_01's shirts at least) doesn't cover the farmer all the way sometimes? For example, when she's about to throw down the hoe and does the jumping animation, the shirt goes up one pixel and shows her tummy lol. I'm sure I could fix this by adding more pixels to the skirt duing that animation, I just haven't gotten around to it yet 'cause it doesn't bother me that much haha

[EDIT: corrected, it's Jinxie's base]
                                [EDIT: actually now that I'm remembering, it's a combination of Alex_01's and Jinxie's]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
                                • Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

The alternate Haley and Emily were an amazing thing to see first thing this morning!

Your farmer is also adorable, especially with the skirt. I finally got around to using a skirt mod in the game after arguing with myself about it, because on one hand it is super cute, but on the other what respectable farmer would wear such clothes while working in the field?

...cuteness finally beat common sense for me in my current file orz

velverette likes this.
                                  • Blooper8484

Haley looks so cute, i especially love her new longer hair, and the best thing is that the next one's Penny, yay!!!

velverette likes this.
                                    • velverette

Yay I'm glad you like how she turned out! <3 hehe yup Penny is up next, I'll try to have her up later tonight or tomorrow :)

Ahh I'm so happy you like the alternate colors! They're the ones I use in my own game 'cause I'm not personally a fan of the vanilla colors hehe. Also I just got done changing Alternate!Emily's dress back to red because I realized there were way too many blues in the alternate section lol. And now she complements her sister better!

Also, ikr? lol it seems silly when you imagine someone farming in a cute dress, but it's too darn cute to resist!!

Cimeni likes this.
                                      • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Love them so much! Can't wait for the rest. I would suggest maybe keeping the blue alt for Emily for others, because maybe some people won't mind the tons of blue. Let's face it blue is such a pretty and complimentary color to all the girls :rofl: You could always have a specific series, like the blue series and etc.

velverette likes this.
                                        • velverette

Ooooh you know what, that's actually a pretty good idea! I feel like this is gonna get really complex lol but I want to do it! I really like the idea of people being able to pick and choose from different sets of colors :D

Zalkyria likes this.