1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Wizzlbang

Wizzlbang Star Wrangler

that one worked, thanks
    stumbled on I don't know how many slightly different variations of this command that didn't work

2. Wizzlbang

Wizzlbang Star Wrangler

wait nevermind, the thing said 'performed AI action" but theres still no available techs

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Did you use the proper tech name? Did you check your log for any errors? Are you in admin mode?

4. ilya39

ilya39 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I guess there's a few days already and still most part of commands are dead. Whole /aicommand part is dead (and /aiaction so far, which helped to wake up sleeping SAIL before) and getting "no such command" each try. Every ship upgrade isn't spawning the way it was before. Only one i've found so far is /spawnitem shiprepairkit but it's useless because i don't have a command to "wake up" MM without using /aicommand, as before. Anyone?..

5. Wavefin

Wavefin Void-Bound Voyager

To everyone who isn't able to progress in the nightlies, download the unstable fixer from the mod forums. it will enable the first mission, which will continue into the other ones.

6. salt1219

salt1219 Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know the administration command for spawning a specific dungeon on a planet? I want to spawn a glitch castle on a barren world.

7. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

MATTER MANIPULATOR
    "/giveessentialitem [ItemToGet] [SlotToUse]"

/giveessentialitem beamaxe beamaxe
    /giveessentialitem wiretool wiretool
    /giveessentialitem painttool painttool

8. Thomas the Train

Thomas the Train Yeah, You!

Thanks really needed this

9. Thomas the Train

Thomas the Train Yeah, You!

It says no such command as aicommand

10. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Hmm... maybe they changed the command. They did move things around with the ai a little bit ago.

11. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EDIT
    If any one is curious, you can spawn the quest NPC for the tech quests using "/spawnitem techlabscientist".
    it's a life saver when the outpost is busted and you need to unlock the first three techs.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    Has any one figure out how to force enable tech since the /aicommand command has been removed?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  12. wildgirlN

wildgirlN Void-Bound Voyager

A ton of these commands need to be removed from the list, as they no longer work.
    Assuming the original poster is still active, of course.

13. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been able to do the tech quests, but upon completing them the tech upgrade console is still blank and I can't enable the techs I supposedly just unlocked. Using the command "/enableTech" and then the ID of the tech I want prints "Player tech [tech ID] enabled", but doesn't seem to actually do anything. Any help?
    EDIT: Also, does anyone know if there's a key to switch between active hotbars, or do you have to click the button?

14. SuncastingSorceress

Just a question, you do have Nightly Fix installed, yes? One of the updates says that tech should be fixed, but I haven't tested it myself.

15. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, I didn't know that existed. I've got it installed now, and the techs seem to be working fine! Thanks! (Also, in answer to my own question earlier, and in the hope that it'll help someone else out, the X key toggles the hotbars!)

SuncastingSorceress likes this.
  16. SuncastingSorceress

Happy to help. Hope you have fun. :D

17. luckykiller

luckykiller Void-Bound Voyager

Got the same issue with techs. They just disappeared even if I unlocked them.The Nightly Fix didn't work either.:nurusad:

18. SuncastingSorceress

Have you tried /enabletech <techname>? The nightly fix usually updates every few days, so it's possible that the author is already trying to fix the problem.

19. luckykiller

luckykiller Void-Bound Voyager

It worked!Thanks a lot!

SuncastingSorceress likes this.
  20. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

is there a way to spawn crew members? tailor specifically?