1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed NPC Guards acting strangely

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by AntiStoned, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

I met some NPC guards in a Hylotl City, and they didn't attack unlike before, instead, they were holding up their weapon while repeatedly making those sounds (when you talk to them) and ended up shooing away all the other as if it was a living alarm. The other guards were also affected. It's really weird. Eventually, all the other NPCs went to panic mode and hid in walls. They take damage out of nowhere even if it's a completely enclosed city.

2. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

yeah ive had this problem too with my colony guards with the whole attacking for no reason thing

3. NoOne1806

NoOne1806 Tentacle Wrangler

Same here. Accepted a Quest, all guards went mad on me and the other NPCs all ran away from me. Also, some of the miners in the Erchius Mining Facility went hostile for no reason. It's especially bad because they are ridiculously tanky, which makes fighting them really annoying, they just won't die. I ended up just turning admin mode on and marching on.

4. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

humorous. even organics are acting.............glitchy.

*ba_dum_tss.wav*

they seem to be undergoing an AI overhaul at the moment...most likely to detect if the player is stealing or damaging items
    no longer can you waltz though villages breaking things and guards just stand there with that dumb smile on their face because they are programmed to be happy to see.........YOU! :D

for now all guards are pretty dangerous and crazy......

5. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

Actually, I posted this a bit before they added the stealing detection. Whatever happens though, random NPCs take damage and the guards blame it on me.

6. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

That seems to be some of the triggers for those behaviors in the past couple builds at least.
    NPC takes damage from random annoying bird? An army of guards come running! Cool, look at them defend the townfol--WHY ARE YOU HITTING MEEEE!!!
    Accept quest! GUARDS START HITTING!
    Also, about a night ago my penguins crew member would cause the NPCs to freak out nonstop when he was seen, but they would not go hostile.

AntiStoned likes this.
  7. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

It may or may not be intended, but penguins have a bad reputation of being pirates and smugglers, so I guess NPCs would probably react to it. Just not the right reaction.

8. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

I've noticed consistently that accepting random, procedurally-generated quests makes NPCs freak out. Guards, in particular, will either go hostile, or start spouting hostile lines while simultaneously remaining perfectly still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.