Modding Discussion Adding NPCs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by EvilWalrus, Apr 7, 2016.

1. EvilWalrus

EvilWalrus Intergalactic Tourist

This is something I've generally been interested in doing. I know people have replaced NPCs with their custom NPCs, but creating an entirely new NPC seems yet to be discovered. What's the possibility of this happening in XNB modding?

I was looking at the files, and although it seems hard, I feel as if it is possible. I'm going to do some playing around to see if I can remotely get a character to show up at all.

I'm leaving this up for discussion between the community, as I am generally interested in what you guys think about this. Do you guys think it could be done?

• Travoos

Travoos Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

• EvilWalrus

Damn. That's awesome. What's the complexity you can go with these NPCs though? Are you able to marry them, create events, etc.? If this has already been done, this gives me more motivation to make one, for I will know I'm not wasting my time with the impossible.

• Travoos

Travoos Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

With plain XNB/save modding, you can enable dating, give them events, give them daily schedules, etc.
        I'm not completely sure how festivals work so I don't know if you can add them to those, but you definitely can with SMAPI (and give them unique dialogue for the festival).

• EvilWalrus

Cool! I'm gonna look into it then. Thanks!

• pikachu594

pikachu594 Void-Bound Voyager

anymore npcs to get?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
            • LiveWireGoth

LiveWireGoth Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to bug you but the link 404s so it's possibly gone