What's the Point of Raising Slimes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yarenzohawk13, May 21, 2016.

1. Aurrelia

Aurrelia Aquatic Astronaut

Okay, how do the slimes give iridium?

Jaed likes this.
    • MrsEvilbird

MrsEvilbird Pangalactic Porcupine

The purples ones drop em, so, i'm sorry, but ya gotta kill em :c

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

what she said...

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

@MoonlitBrenya, did you notice how much stone he carried around with him? You'll need a ton to make stairs, over and over and over and over...to drop lots of levels to get a good shot at the iridium. You'll also need a lot of megabombs (make them, or buy them from the dwarf--but that means getting all four dwarven scrolls, so you can get the language scroll from the museum). And you'll want a lot of booster food, especially for health, speed, and luck. Spicy Eel is good for the last two, though remember that you can stack coffee (speed) with another food. You can't do that with any other two foods; since one effect replaces the other.

The ore starts kicking in around level 50, but I'm told it doesn't get really good until around level 100. I've never gone that deep. Don't bother mining it. Bomb the hell out of it. That will also take care of the mummies, flying serpents, and other locals who are so enthusiastic about finding a fourth for poker that they squeeze the life out of you. ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
            Jaed and MoonlitBrenya like this.
          • MoonlitBrenya

I did notice, but I also noticed he went way deep, and I am just not that ambitious, lol. I made note of the foods he carried as well as the coffee, so I got that part, and yeah, plenty of bombs. The save I am going to try this with not only has the dwarf translation, but she's about half way ready. I have a dozen stacks of stone and working on amassing the bombs now. I don't wanna break my bank. Also, waiting for the great luck day, which is growing tiresome. Gonna start the day with a lucky lunch (well, eat it as soon as I hit the first floor), then just dive till I hit level 100, then see what happens from there. I really don't need 2k iridium ore. As I said, just doing it for fun, and cause, well, I don't really have much going on with that save otherwise. CC is done, got a kid, can't have another yet, so waiting for that. Yep, just for fun. I'll share my results once I do it. Might be a while, I am currently taking a very brief hiatus as I binge watch Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles, lol.

Borodin likes this.
            • Firstborn Dragon

Firstborn Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I thought slimes couldn't escape your hutch, but I find the occasional jail breaker anyways.

[​IMG]

Or... At least that's what it looks like? I mean first time I saw that, I found the same bluish slime by one of my apple trees the next day.

• Choochu

Choochu Master Chief

Once the hutch has more than 5 Slimes, there is a 3.5% chance per night per slime to escape and disappear. If you raise them outside, sometimes they can escape too if the numbers are to high (eg. over 100 slimes)

Borodin likes this.
                • Firstborn Dragon

Firstborn Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahh. I thought I read that but then I was also reading they didn't get out of the hutch.

But it seems the slime in my SS is taking a holiday in the wall somehow. She's been there for over a week now. I'm annoyed I can't kill her, can't get rid of her, and shee's staying put taking up one of my special 20 slots.

Also it seems that contrary to popular belief, RED eggs are freaking rare, not purple. I've had 10+ purples, 15+ blue, and 20+ green, but I just cannot get a single red egg.

• Choochu

Choochu Master Chief

Its all RnG, purples should be more rare than red, if you really want red slimes egg I suggest you to give mine level 90+ some visits, I got a few red eggs there. Give her some time and that slime might get out of the wall while season changes, and she will still make slime balls even she is staying on the wall.

• MoonlitBrenya

Drom my own experience, the answer is yes. You will eventually end up with a hutch ful of the color you aim for. However, this means kulling the rest. I started with a green and a blue, lol. I did eventually end up with all purple, aside from that one pesky red stuck in the corner, resulting in the occasional pinkish slime, who invariable, had a short life span.

As for your other questions, I will leave those for more experienced Slime Hands.

Jaed likes this.