WIP Taxes Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by bdawson1993, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bdawson1993

bdawson1993 Tentacle Wrangler

The speech is not found within source code it is found within a text file loaded when the mod is run for the first time, and is spelled mayor. You did cause me to come across a different error so thanks.

• Cnidaria-LVL

Cnidaria-LVL Space Hobo

Downloaded! Really appreciate the realism this could add to my gaming experience!

• MattyG

MattyG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any update on the Storm version? :D

• waffelbro

waffelbro Void-Bound Voyager

Hey man! I think this is a really cool idea! Thanks for your work on implementing taxes to give this game just a bit more to flavor to make it better.

I recently made a post on reddit about how I think the game could have more replayability if it was more objective based for example; challenges, goals or objectives.

One of them being to try and save the community center within one year. Or have a depletion system, where the more you sell one item is decreases in sell value, therefore the player needs to be successful in all aspects of the game rather than just growing cranberries.

Another thing I thought would be cool was to add a higher priority on the requests. For example, what if the player was forced to complete these requests everyday or game over. I understand that this isn't for everybody, but the min/maxing aspect appeals to a lot of players that are looking for the next level of strategy.

This is why I really like your idea of the taxes to add another layer of challenge. So thank you again and maybe we can talk about other ways to further increase the scope of the game : )

• bdawson1993

Hey everyone sorry I have been away recently, and been working on some of my university assignment so not been able to work on the mod much but i'll get back to it now. Storm version being the number 1 priority no new features until I have Storm version done.

MattyG likes this.
            • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

The mod is only half of a complete tax experience. The other half is me on the porch with a side-by-side giving collectors hell! Great work though, will definitely be using it once other mods offer "alternative" methods of dealing with unwanted visitors.

• MattyG

MattyG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're gonna stick Lewis up? That hardly seems neighborly...

Stoked!

• Doomnik

Doomnik Void-Bound Voyager

Ahh that clears things up.

You're welcome, I guess :p

• Spiffyman

Spiffyman Void-Bound Voyager

With the weird situation with Storm going on (possibly deprecated), will you still move toward that API or will you return to SMAPI?

• bdawson1993

Return to SMAPI. Which at the time being may be a savior for me.

• khamiro

khamiro Space Spelunker

Its not working for me. Are the files outdated or am i stupid?
                        I really like the idea of paying taxes so i hope there is a chance of running this mod.

• MattytheMouse

MattytheMouse Industrial Terraformer

I absolutely LOVE the idea. If done right, it could potentially solve the endgame slump of having too much money.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Well, all I can say is... if you're stupid, that makes two of us! Hahahaha x'D
                            The mod's not working for me either for some reason, dunno why. All my other 36 mods are working just fine :p
                            The only reason I can think of is the mod might not be updated.

edit: Forgot to add that there's no configuration file in the folder, dunno if one is supposed to be automatically created when you launch the game, since mine doesn't recognize the mod.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
                            • HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Awesome!Thank you!

• AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

<adds to watch list and email>