RELEASED [SMAPI] UNDERGROUND HOUSE CELLAR, WHAT? UPDATE 6/26

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Jun 1, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

[​IMG]

Hey folks, ya girl Faythe er... taintedwheat and @Jinxiewinxie are back at ya with some super cute addition to your farm house! A cellar! Complete with amenities only found in bomb shelters owned by paranoid survavlists today or paranoid homeowners living during the Cold War!

features:
    - kitchen w/ working sink (watersource)
    - growing place w/ working watersource
    - mini bar
    - a study
    - a working radio
    - space for your machines
    - replaces no files!

**NEW as of 6/26**:
    • WHAT: configurable option of where to the place cellar itself. (for smaller house reskins, or people who prefer it to be on the the opposite end)
    • now compatible with ALL and TFE's cellar addition.
    • can be set to only be unlocked after final house upgrade.
    • actually can use dirt tiles now, game reads cellar as part of farm area.
    • now comes with a folder with alt packed colors (currently only creme) and an unpacked zpaths_object_cellar.png to edit of the cellar (user must interchange it themselves /it will still be set as pink by default)

A MESSAGE to tIDE MAP MAKERS:
    My tilesheet is filled of multiple colors and borders to choose from!
    [ I have even more options in my misc. thread here to add and replace some of that horrendous blank spots or repeats from towninterrior: FAYTHE's House. In the Middle of the Street. updated 5/22 (see first and second posts for details) ]
    Anyway, I know there are talented people out there and I was wondering, please contribute your edited maps to this thread so that people who may not know how to do things in tIDE could benefit from your design choices n___n sharing is being wonderful.

CELLAR DWELLERS, YAY!

DIRECTIONS:
    DOWNLOAD. PUT IN MODS FOLDER.

ALSO:
    - Current download of this cellar comes with pink doors.
    - To change this one must edit zpaths_objects_cellar to color to your choosing.
    note: for safe measure, don't fuck with anything else on the sheet besides the cellar doors.

• Right now I am slowly editing doors people can rename and repack for their doors. Attached is a Creme version and it goes well with houses that use off-white colors and dark brown, wood paneling. (I am hoping those who edit the maps in tIDE will also make matching cellar doors to their houses/changes.)

EDIT 6/26:
    PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE .ZIP ATTACHED if you want to change the placement of the cellar.

to edit the position of the cellar:
    you must open the config.json and type in the coordinates you want.

****unfortunately the zpath_cellar_door.png must be re-edited as well if you choose to flip it to the other side, again it is pink by default and is up to the users to make the edits and their willingness to share them.

(NOTE: If you were making you own alternations to cellar.xnb, I am sorry the name is now changed to TaintedCellarMap so your edits would be reverted to my last edits I made (which was editing the growing area watersource.)

[​IMG]
    necromancy spots ftw

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    room for actual kegs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ADDITIONALLY:
    Attached are houses I edited originally recolored by @madelinealex (http://community.playstarbound.com/...r-boxes-barns-coops-more-updated-3-24.110123/) that go well with the cellar. Currently the only packed color is creme.

houses (3).png houses.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    • taintedwheat

ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS MADE BY OTHER PEOPLE
      Important:
      If it's not directly attached to this post, please follow the link to the post, download and pack the necessary files there.​

ALTERNATIVE LOOKS FOR THE CELLAR DOORS:
      1. Dark green doors w/ dark wood paneling (for fixed position version)

2. Light blue doors w/ white paneling (for fixed position version)

to match this fancy farmhouse.

[​IMG]

3. Dark, medieval cellar doors, traditional-looking paneling. (for configurable version)

to match this beautiful house mod by @eemie

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
        RoastedCoconutz and lannihamm like this.
      • Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

It's really cute!

• taintedwheat

Thankyou! I really appreciate it n__n!

• Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

It's finally out <3 I can't wait to use it!

Anyways I already placed the folder in the mods folder but for some weird reason it's not showing up. Are there any additional steps that needs to be done?

Edited:

I ran the game with the mod and this appeared:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
              swyrl likes this.
            • taintedwheat

Thats weird. Is it the steam mods folder? Jinx said should be where ever your game is installed, so more than likely not in %appdata%

洛翼夏 likes this.
              • Hitgirl911

Yes, I placed it in the steam folder. I edited my post a while ago to put the error in. The game crashed soon after.

btw, I unpacked it (the repacked it) to change the color of the cellar door so maybe that did something.

(I'm using a different house mod but I'm not sure if that will affect this mod hahaha.)

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

You should have it like this (please notice the address bar too)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can you send a quick screenshot of what yours looks like?

• Hitgirl911

Hello! These are the screenshots

This is the mod folder. I use the mod manager since it's easier to keep track of what I download

Problem.JPG

This is the contents of the mod folder

Problem2.JPG

I reinstalled the mod and everything but it still won't run and it still shows the same error :(

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Why are you changing the folder names? The code in my mod (as you can see in the error) is specifically looking for the tilesheets to use this path "..\\mods\\TaintedCellar\\Zpaths_objects_cellar" and since you've changed the folder's name, it can't find it. If you rename your folder back to just TaintedCellar, it'll fix it.

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Ooh I like it, though it seems kinda odd for the house to have two kitchens, maybe change the basement kitchen into more of a cold storage room instead of a kitchen.

• taintedwheat

Hmmm... I can probably add some cooler panels and what not, there's some in towninterior, and if it doesn't work, sheetcake sent me some from her npc tiles that she made I can try putting in there.

Actually, you know what I'll do that. I still want to keep the kitchen to save me some work, but i'll put an ice room onto the right or a room behind the kitchen, is that ok?

Cider and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                          • KittyCas

KittyCas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yesss it's out! :D I can't wait to use this.

taintedwheat likes this.
                            • Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Yea that sounds fine, I don't mean to force you to change anything. I was just trying to give some advice xD

• taintedwheat

Thankies! Still working on stuffs! n__n
                                Lolol, I feel it, don't worry about it, I kinda wanted to fix the flow of it but didn't know what to do, so your suggestion really helped.
                                Still a w.i.p. but:
                                [​IMG]

Jinxiewinxie and Cider like this.
                                • taintedwheat

Whoo, ok, finished;

[​IMG]
                                  necromancy spots ftw

[​IMG]
                                  [​IMG]
                                  room for actual kegs

I will update the file in the OP, .zip also contains the smaller version in another folder called "alt cellar maps" if anyone wants to use the smaller one (just a simple rename and replace).

Attached Files:

foghorn likes this.
                                  • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks good. I'll test later if needed, but right now I'm re-painting, since SOMEONE decided that 'CUTE' would be the primary color :) (Cute is cool! Don't beat me!)
                                    I'm liking this cellar more & more, guys. I can't get my warp to act right just yet with the entrance flipped & mapped to the other side of the farmhouse, but I'm pretty slow to catch on, so bear with me.

Thank you again, taintedjinxieadvisesheetcakecvlconcern-ehhh, you get it.

taintedwheat likes this.
                                    • taintedwheat

Hahah, wellll you know. If I had it my way, I'd make everything super puggy. Like pugs everywhere. I'm contemplating making some pug livestock.

Actually I commend you! I've never tried to do anything to the warps, so that's pretty cool!

Are you trying to connect qc's basement to this?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah...*failure imminent*
                                        Edit: Well no, not exactly...I need an extra room with the vanilla kitchen tile properties, so I figured a flip would be the easiest hackjob I could do.

I should probably just wait until you guys have your Farmer's Square up & going, though. Ehh.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
                                          taintedwheat likes this.
                                        • Hitgirl911

Thanks it's working now! I guess the mod manager was the cause of the error since it changes the mod folder name :rofl: