RELEASED Custom Animal Breeds Toolkit (V0.6.1.2: Now with Lite Mode)

Discussion in 'Modding Tools' started by Lavapulse, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Lavapulse

Lavapulse Phantasmal Quasar

Hey all,
    Just wanted to update that I was swamped with college stuff, so I don't think I'll be updating the tool anytime soon.

BlankSlater likes this.
    • CoverArtist

CoverArtist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Disappointed to say this doesn't work, unless I'm doing something wrong. I've made unique XNB files for each animal, named them after breeds, but they don't show up for sale anywhere. The only animals that look changed are the ones I manually copied over my base game. This doesn't seem to add "Species" only holds onto those skins for you to switch in/out of.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Do you have this in your steam mods folder?

• CoverArtist

Yeah, is there suppose to be another location? I put all of my mods there, and run the modded form of the game (ModdedAPI launcher) instead of the regular.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Did you load your save into the toolkit when you launched it?

Here, maybe dissect my file from my mods folder and see what is different
            this is only 48 hours so:
            http://expirebox.com/download/0903dc138a9f37cfb931520fbc9935ab.html

• CoverArtist

Ah thank you! that helped input the breeds. :) I'll do another test but it seems to have worked.

taintedwheat likes this.
              • ThePugKing21

ThePugKing21 Void-Bound Voyager

Dear persons, although this is probably just me, whenever I try to open the zipped folder, the computer says file may have been moved or deleted. Anyone else have the same problem?
                Edit 1: Figured out how to get it working...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
                • Nimue

Nimue Void-Bound Voyager

A question: does it work with version 1.1? Since I've switched to it I cannot run the full version of the tool, however I have to admit that as a gog user it took a lot of trial and error to get this working properly, as in placing shortcut and folder on desktop and installing Stardew in a default steam directory. After a clean reinstall it seems this method is not working anymore, though. Did anyone have a similar problem?

• lightsourced

lightsourced Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you think you could relink, would really love to add new breeds, even if I have to manually do it, thanks! :)

• Fleckihund

Fleckihund Void-Bound Voyager

I have toolkit and xnb_node both.. I somehow managed to make it a fullversion, now I'm on a new pc and I even don't know how I did it. Someone could help me please? :( There are no instructions anywhere and if you want to link me to the xnb_node guide thread, it doesn't explain how you make this toolkit work with it. :/

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, I'm not great at explaining things, but I did get it to work so I can try. :)
                        You have to put xnb_node in the same folder as the game. For example, I have the game on steam, so the file location is Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley. That folder should also hold your Content and Mods folders.
                        The only way I've gotten the toolkit to work is on the desktop. With the xnb_node in that folder, and the toolkit on the desktop it should load the full version.
                        In the toolkit load your save file (found appdata/roaming/stardewvalley/saves) and that should show you all of the animals you own in your game. Next make sure to load farm animals to be sure you got all of the animals in your game. The next tab is where you add animals. It's fairly self explanatory. The last tab is where you manage the animals that are in your game, in case you want to delete some. Once you've added animals, go back to the first tab and change the animals you own into the new breeds, then save the game.
                        Hopefully that makes sense, good luck :)

• Fleckihund

I did what you said and still have the lite version. I only see 2 tabs, "Save Editor" and when loaded, "Farm Animals" too. Not 4 tabs like in fullversion. I don't get why it's so hard and there are no instructions in first post :x

My game is in "A:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley", not sure if this works?

• HopeWasHere

This could be where the problem is. The toolkit is looking for the xbn_node in a really particular spot. I think I just happened to get it right after messing around because I had no idea what I was doing.
                            Try checking your C drive to see if you have a copy of your game there, maybe?

• Fleckihund

Aaand it works in C: now.. Well who would've thought of it. Thank you so much!

• HopeWasHere

No problem, glad I could help! I was in the same boat hoping for a tutorial, so I guess there is now :)

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I think I'm doing something wrong. I dropped the NXBnode on my game directory and the Toolkit on my desktop, as per instructed here, and yet, I'm still only getting the lite version instead of the full version.

• HopeWasHere

Is your game directory in your C drive or in a different drive?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

C: drive, I just let Steam instal wherever it wanted to so I have the default instal directory

• HopeWasHere

And you put XNBnode in the root, not the content or mods or any other folder?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I put the XNB where I put SMAPI and that awesome thing works just fine *shrugs*
                                          I'll just double check if I did anything wrong once I get home from work since I was still half asleep when I tried to do this in the morning. xD