Dev Blog 27th May - Stop right there!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 27, 2016.

1. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Good things come to those who wait and there are a lot of good things that are coming so you hang in there and just wait a little longer

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

For example: you know those old strange ammo types you could find? Those have been reintroduced as new secondary abilityus.

emeraldgreen72 likes this.
  3. Ferrettomato

Ferrettomato Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, /aicommand has been removed in recent nightlies, so you have to spawn in an item version.
    Try simply "/spawnitem beamaxe".

Avarwen likes this.
  4. Jareix Cryvix

Actually, I think it might have been /giveessentialitem beamaxe beamaxe and not /spawnessentialitem. I had seen it in a nightly video.

5. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Works like charm but how do I get it to level 9 I tried beamaxe 9 but it just gave me a regular beam axe.

6. Jareix Cryvix

It's beamaxeX... I know spawnitem works, but I could have sworn giveessentialitem or sometin like that would put it in your beamaxe slot.

Avarwen likes this.
  7. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for the info.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Jareix Cryvix, @Avarwen: I just have a small mod that lets me actually do the intro mission, or skip it, and everything's great.

universe_server.config.patch:
    Code:
    [{ "op" : "replace", "path": "/introInstance", "value" : "protectorate" }]
    quests/quests.config.patch:
    Code:
    [{ "op" : "add", "path" : "/initialquests/yourspecieshere", "value" : [ "protectorate" ]}]

9. Jareix Cryvix

I've already been working on that. If only I could figure out why my race isn't working properly. Though you've been great help.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Jareix Cryvix, there are many possible reasons and I'd love to try and help you out. If you have a logfile, start a new private conversation with me and I'll see what I can do, k?

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  11. Jareix Cryvix

Sure thing. First opportunity I get, I'll send you the files.

12. Taink

Taink Subatomic Cosmonaut

The command is :
    • For the Beam axe : /giveessentialitem beamaxe beamaxe
    • For the Paint tool : /giveessentialitem painttool painttool
    • For the Wire tool : /giveessentialitem wiretool wiretool

In fact, the second 'beamaxe' defines the slot. That's why you could have the Beam axe in Paint tool's slot.
    But I highly recommend you to take them into the right slot. It's a question of habits :)

You have to give yourself (once you've done the /giveessentialitem command) 90 Manipulator Modules :
    • /spawnitem manipulatormodule 90
    It is usable in Nightly, as far as I can remember :)
    But if you play in Nightly I would recommend you to improve your knowledge about commands. You should go on the wiki to learn the basics.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  13. The_One

The_One Tentacle Wrangler

Okay..
    If hunger is making a return, then food needs to be stackable. I think nearly everyone will agree with me. Food that doesn't stack is a pain in the a**.

But if it must stay that way, then have hunger deplete very slowly because food that doesn't stack takes up way to much inventory space.

FIX THIS!

Sgt.fox170 likes this.
  14. Jareix Cryvix

They fixed it with adding a fifth tab for solely food. The reason food doesn't stack is because each article of food ticks down and rots at an independent pace. Stacking would make it a bit more complicated to keep track of. Plus, while there are some foods that would ideally be able to be stacked (such as pearl less and candies) most others would not really be the kind of thing you can stack up...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Taink, The_One and Sgt.fox170 like this.
  15. The_One

Works for me

Sgt.fox170 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  16. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Still wonder if the Glitch related foods rot or not. Like either way it make sense, I know batteries can go bad and start leaking acid in some cases. I'm just wondering for the sake of wondering.

17. Albcatmastercat

Albcatmastercat Void-Bound Voyager

One thing I find irritating is the fact that, say, you pick up loads of objects, but, if the inventory tab is full, they won't be picked up at all...
    Did they fix that? I'd hate for some bandages to fall in lava because I had a claw in my inventory .-.

The_One likes this.
  18. The_One

Yea I agree with this, once the inventory tab is full, they should just automatically start filling in the remaining tabs.

Also, we need some kind of guide. One that shows you all the possible crafting recipes for a specific item. I hate having to constantly look through the wiki.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  19. The_One

Any chance of more star and planet types? As of right now, the current plants and stars are getting stale to me

20. Jareix Cryvix

I think this is sort of intentional. In the latest nightly, all items go into their specific tabs if that tab is not full. There are five tabs for general items, blocks, furniture, materials, and food. They cannot be moved into any other tab. So, if you have a full inventory tab, you will not pick up those bandages but you can still pick up materials, furniture, blocks, and food because your other tabs still have room.