Modding Help Help tIDe TownIndoors png

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ribbonain, May 26, 2016.

1. Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Every time I go to use it the tiles they are extremely huge i scaled them to 16x16 they are still huge am I doing something wrong are we not allowed to use those tiles? Are there a list of tiles that cant be used? ;u;

using TownIndoors.png ive now tried FarmhouseTiles.png same thing huge images :C townInterior.png works just great I dont understand.

I wanted to make a front desk area but this is proving hard to do.. :p

[​IMG]

I really dont need a huge lamp D: comparison picture not normal then normal. ;u; both same size tiles. [​IMG]

Also need help creating another area "housing for custom npc" I dont understand how to add that to this area.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You need to set the tile size for the sheet to 16x16 inside tIDE itself

• Ribbonain

Its set at 16x16 [​IMG] been set as that everything is just huge Ive tried reloading looking at the tile sheet nothings wrong with it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The sheet itself doesnt have 16x16, are you using a old 4x file???

• Ribbonain

Using updated stardew valley to whatevers its patch is now and its xnb's?? I wasn't aware there was older sheets? :/

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

the town interriors in content is the one you want, the you have is outdated. ;=; i wish ca would remove them.

Attached Files:

• Ribbonain

I went threw a big stack seems I have mostly outdated pngs :C I dont know were to get them all from. That one file that is working one the one that isnt is TownIndoors.png and FarmhouseTiles.png and big stack of others.

• taintedwheat

you do have them, they're just all the main content folder. a lot of the map pngs are old for some reason idk

• Ribbonain

So the ones located there are the new ones not the ones in map areas?

taintedwheat likes this.
                    • taintedwheat

bingo, yoyo n.n

i'm not much for twitter nowadays but someone should nag him about that. they're hella clutter

• Ribbonain

Tho i updated it seems allot of them are still outdated even from content folder. :< poop

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Yeah, the xnbs are tricky, because some of them have the exact same name as a newer one, but one an underscore or the capitalization different, and the only way to know for sure you have the right one is the crack it open and look. d: I tend to keep all the new pngs in a little folder off to the side if I know I'll be using them often.

• Ribbonain

Haha thing is too noob to know whats new or not xD trying to make npc area for them make the bathouse into a onsen ;u; this is harder then I thought aaaa this took me like two hours I think its empty and untested ;u; but my first tIDe project
                            [​IMG]

• sheetcakeghost

Oh, is that the rose I made for Elliott's shack? Cute! I never had a reason to use it myself. d: Though, the thing you're using for a table isn't a table. It's supposed to be the back of a dresser. I'm not the most amazing artist.

Oh, I'm noticing you have green pixel issues with the lights. That's due to converting the townInterior.png file with the old xnbnode. Here, let me get you a version that's clean.

Attached Files:

• Ribbonain

Oh thank you hun yes I snagged it from elliots files its adorbs xD since I seem to have allot broken ones I am using what I have :D

• sheetcakeghost

You know, you actually could use those sheets. I've stolen off them loads of times. Basically I open it up in photoshop and then reduce the image by 50% twice making sure the resizing is set to "nearest neighbor". They go right back to normal pixel sizes.

• Ribbonain

Huh nice I'll have to do that when I get my Photoshop reinstalled back on here :D been using my Paintool Sai to make my pixel stuff in. :p

• sheetcakeghost

If you can use it to reduce by 100% (or 50 twice) and not blur pixels you can probably do it in there.