RELEASED WONDERFUL FARM LIFE. [SMAPI] version updated 7/2, now with grandpa's memorial! MAKE YOUR FARM SICK!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, May 23, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

oOOOOHoOoh, check it out:
    Ztainted_cellar.png
    pick some out? or should i have some lighter tones, too?

PandaNikita likes this.
    • Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

• taintedwheat

it's ok, don't worry about it. I'm not that concerned.

that page will just get lost in the oblivion that is imgur-- plus my proof of concept has been posted here so if anyone does something I don't like at least there's record of it (here and like more than a month now on my misc. thread).

So the red is stuff you'd like to see the most, ja?

I love the wizard's candles. boffo was like, why? and i'm like you're too dumb to understand that candles are just too pretty not to have.
      The purple floor cushion you picked, did you want to use that wooden floor tiles too?

• Ribbonain

Yeah all the half bad red circles are the stuff Id like to see. I love the candles :> wish there was huge amount of them haha that floor is is alright to use. X3

• taintedwheat

goddmaniiit... you know i'm going to make hella candle tiles now right? theyre actually probably one of my favorite tiles in the game, i mean, i've already did so for the busstopstorage mod:

pentagrams-and-stuff-worksheet pentawhat.png
          I can add the other stuff if you're interested.

• Ribbonain

Haha those look awesome love the blue and red dark purple scary feeling but trippy too. :D

• taintedwheat

AHHH. Ok, so I plan to add these all to my tilesheet. and now I'm going to probably go nuts in the greenhouse making the tree roomhella intense with candles:

candles and pentagrams.png

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

I should have went into more detail when @davidhedrick413 asked earlier; I'm sorry.
                I tested your pimped-out farm with TSE yesterday (even though I kinda knew what would happen, because I've been using a poorly hacked-up edit of it since April).

1. All of your edits showed up cleanly, except for the seasonal changes (Tego's overide yours since they are SMAPI/ALL-based).
                2. You would have to turn your cellar into a doomsday bunker, because there is no way to leave the farm. Tego's map-edits don't align with your farm, and you end up either warping back to the front of whatever entrance/exit you tried to use, or getting trapped in the "walls" of the farm, like an old Super Mario glitch gone wrong.

If you need some screenshots, I'd be happy to load them both up again. There's literally nothing to see, though.
                Again, no surprises here. Advise is the only author (so far) that has made his mod compatible with TSE, I believe. (Edit: Androxilogin's cool-as-hell Through The Woods & Remove That Damn Rock mods are compatible as well, forgot about that.)

Last edited: May 25, 2016
                  davidhedrick413 likes this.
                • taintedwheat

oh god, it sounds like he stretched out the size of the map by changing the properties of the size in tIDE... that's kinda annoying... Uhm, that's good to know, I know jinx and and advize are trying to come up with a way to make it smapi now after I just finally ok'd the farm map with general map size (grass got fixed, patio gate doesn't have anything obstructing it anymore) although i got some pm feed back saying they like the smaller patio look @sheetcakeghost but how to combine it in a way that uses all the pieces there and still be cute?

the updated farm.xnb is packed in the zip in the dropbox link.

foghorn likes this.
                  • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

I think "stretched" is putting it mildly :)All part of why people like it so much, though.
                    [​IMG]

I'm stumped.

• taintedwheat

oh. wow, i figured since it was an ALL port that the bottom part of the map would be a warp-to external map e____e;;;;

I mean it's pretty nice, I really like the area to the bottom right. That's a good sized space without being too crazy about it ;-;

• Ribbonain

All those candles xD

taintedwheat likes this.
                        • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

That is exactly what he did, yeah. I actually stopped using his mod due to it getting in the way of my personal edits. (I kept the expanded secret forest, but that's it, really.)

Here's some pictures (and an attachment) of my farm edits. It's still WIP, but feel free to crack it open to see what I did with it all. Nothing impressive, mind. Spring_Town is attached to it too because I plan on using the assets from it to build a shed later. Similar to your cellar idea. I'm gonna put it where the swing tree is atm and move the swing tree over to my lakeside picnic area that I'm cobbling together with your lovely assets. (And don't mind the grass in my lake. I moved it mid seasons and I can't reach that grass with my scythe. I'm just waiting for winter to clean it up for me.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's not nearly as cute as what you all made, but it's getting there. I kept the box over the stall because in my farm Michael runs Sweet Blue Winery so he ships off all the wines and juices he makes. (Thus the berry patch which is in this farm like the one from my French Vanilla mod.)

Before people ask me, I got a screenshot of my whole farm by using GeDoSaTo. Here's instructions for it. Just make sure that if you use SMAPI you whitelist StardewModdingAPI as well. The other two shots came from tIDE itself.

Attached Files:

• sheetcakeghost

Yeeeah, I honestly had no idea what to do with myself tho. I never wanted to make a mega farm, I buy about 50 of each set of seeds a season and make shitloads of wine (and money now that I'm on year 3 and have a greenhouse full of trees and ancient fruit). I've been trying to figure out what to do with all that empty space!

• sheetcakeghost

Three posts in a row. Shhh, no one call the post police, okay?

Anyway, since I'm thinking about it, I figured I'd just share some of the interior edits I've been making for my mod. You could probably make use of them too. Especially the stackable freezers.

sweetshop_int.png

foghorn and taintedwheat like this.
                              • taintedwheat

Wohahhh. Really cute stuff! I love the quaintness of it. And that's a great place for the stable. The only practical place is it to be near your house > .<

you're really good at modularizing (also the way me and jinxie are doing this via chatting on discord would translate easier if i opened this map but i originally did start this and was having so much trouble that i contacted her about it after helping with some lipstick hues xD

Did you edit the food into there, or were you able to figure out how to get the bowls to be refilled? o.o

hmm... i wonder if the farmstand can be pushed further right, maybe one more. Try and squeeze the surplus supplies further to the right too, near the stall area... or some can be near the grill in a smaller patio. have the mini gate on the right side instead of the left.

although i do know my stubborn ass wants that lunch table. maybe it doesn't have to be on the stone. x.x;;;

the bench swing possibly near the greenhouse? but our ponds and picnic area the same <.>;;;;

Do you know if it's easy to copy and paste in tIDE?

edit: sorry it took so long for me to reply, i was like trying to figure out what to say while gawking at your shit in the attempt to try to figure out the most efficient way jinxie (or if you, lol) want to edit it

• sheetcakeghost

(Sorry if this is out of order from the way you sent me questions. I tend to read things out of order.)

I edited the food right into the sprite, yeah. I never remember to water my dog anyway since I started primarily using sprinklers, and the water doesn't seem to make much difference in affection, so I just made them full all the time for looks.

The only reason I don't have more on my patio is that I like being able to walk behind my house, and putting stuff there just blocks my walking. d:

Sure, copy and pasting in tIDE is easy, but you can't copy from one map and then paste onto another. Copy pasta only works on the same map which is deeply annoying to me.

If you remove the fence you probably could get the stand more to the right. It also might work out if you flipped stuff around. Like this.
                                  Untitled-1.png
                                  Then cozy it next to the house having your barrels a stuff more in the backyard area then use all the space on the right to set up the patio. You could even use impassable trees or bushes to act as the barrier instead of having that fence there. OR if you're feeling creative, use the barrels and crates and stuff to be the fence barrier.

And don't worry about long reply taking. We all have shit to do that isn't being on this forum.

• taintedwheat

Ahhh I see, but you know, crazy enough jinxie has found a way to make tiles that is on the building layer walkable somehow o.o

• sheetcakeghost

[​IMG]
                                      That's what I was trying to describe earlier in all that rambling mess. As you can see it gives you more room to add new things like maker machines or chests. Or space to just run around in. As well as space to put your stable. (Robin will not build you things on the grass! So you need there to be dirt there to place the stable!) It doesn't look the most elegant tile-wise, but I did just slapdash this together in a few minutes. It's also not tested. d:

As for walkable building tiles, there probably is a line of code or a touch action or something to let you do that and I just don't know about it. I can't C# for the life of me.

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

holy crap dude, this looks cool! would it be possible to move the swing to right near the barrel or pushed north into the grass on the same row as it. and maybe radio either next to swing or barrel?