1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED QuickStart (Unmaintained) 1.2.0

Getting you started faster, this mod unlocks quite a few things for your new characters.

1. Kazyyk submitted a new mod:

QuickStart - Getting you started faster, this mod unlocks quite a few things for your new characters.

Read more about this mod...

2. TenshiPrime

TenshiPrime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay so! First crash, figured I report it, DO NOT remove the mod after upgrading everything with your new character, if you do, clicking on the A.I. Panel/Console (or whatever its called) will cause the game to crash. Putting the mod back in fixes this, and it doesn't seem to effect characters existing before the mod was put in. It doesn't really seem to effect multiplayer in any way, but I'll further test to see how it could mess it up.

Kazyyk likes this.
  3. The mod is designed to only affect new characters, so that makes sense. I'll check it out. Thanks for the feedback!

4. Kazyyk updated QuickStart with a new update entry:

QuickStart 1.1.0 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Kazyyk updated QuickStart with a new update entry:

QuickStart 1.2.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. dangermind

dangermind Subatomic Cosmonaut

Author's ResponseI'm not 100% sure if it'll work server-side. I think the players need to install it themselves. It should be multiplayer friendly, even if they have it on their client and it's not installed server-side. Thanks for the review, by the way!

The players do need to install the mod, that's true. And somehow it only works for new characters. But i still think its awesome enough to have on my server. :)

7. This was an intended design choice.

8. Hinderance

Hinderance Void-Bound Voyager

Quick question and this doesn't completely pertain to the mod specifically, but as someone who is currently modifying ship files I've had to reset my ship world multiple times on a character, the only problem I find is that because my character had completely the old quests to start the ship and so on I can't get the ship AI to stop spouting broken code....

So just wanted to ask if you know which file I have to edit to fix this specific thing or should I just scrap this character and try again from scratch :saywhat:

9. Perhaps try creating a new ship world on a new character, get it to where you want it, then swap that ship world file with the one your character currently has.

Hinderance likes this.
  10. Hinderance

Hinderance Void-Bound Voyager

Ah thank you for the quick reply~!

I found a much easier solution, but had to use the Admin Commands for it and just jump my ship to the tier it was at before which also propels the S.A.I.L to that phase of its sequence as well :D

The only problem is that I don't know to what extent it breaks the ship's future functions with me doing this, but eeeehhhhh oh well :rofl:

Oh and if you are interested in checking it out in single player :

type in chatbox: /admin then type in chatbox: /spawnitem shipT# (Replace the # with the ship Tier number (1 to 8))

Kazyyk likes this.
  11. Duxtorm

Duxtorm Orbital Explorer

Uh i put the mod file into mods but when i played (with a new character) It didn't do anything I was left still needing to do all the quests please help :(

12. It isn't designed to skip the quests, just unlock things so you don't have to do them if you don't want to.

13. Duxtorm

Duxtorm Orbital Explorer

Oh sorry I realised that as soon as I hit enter and felt stupid eh heh. But still it gave me nothing like no techs or money n stuff it just didn't work =I

14. Blazinvoid

Blazinvoid Void-Bound Voyager

I was playing through the starting quest, and I had already upgraded the ship to max. You see, all I have to do left is repair the hull. But I already did, and so I'm stuck as the game does not count it. I am playing with a custom race. (Specifically the Lopunny race mod.) This is more of a heads up for other players than a question.

15. The mod doesn't work with existing characters, as stated in it's description. Just for new ones, ones made after installing the mode.

16. Blazinvoid

Blazinvoid Void-Bound Voyager

Actually it was a new character.

17. MetalArrow

MetalArrow Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please, please please, update this mod for 1.0. I hate the main quest.

18. I'll consider it.

Twotlet Sprekle likes this.
  19. I am no longer maintaining this mod.