1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Do the Avian Armour Shuffle

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bonabopn, May 22, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which do you prefer?

1. I prefer the old colours.

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. I prefer the new colours.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I'd like to know why the colours on the advanced Avian armours were changed a while back. If you didn't know, the avian armours used to look like this:
    [​IMG]
    And now they look like this:
    [​IMG]
    Ravens aren't red. Flamingos aren't blue. Why were they changed to different colours?
    THIS IS MADNESS.
    (I know you can dye them now, but whatever)

2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the older ones personally but mostly because it seem like the colors were design for those outfits where on the newer ones they seem to just be slap on. Like even ignoring the type of birds they represent the colors just overall fit the older designs better imo.

3. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

I liked the older Human Armor models, but hey

4. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

i like the old ones bettte, not a fan on the new ones.

5. Polecat

Polecat Phantasmal Quasar

Old, definitely. Hell, half the time I would keep the old owl armour around just so I could wear the long skirt and top for the visual/skin while I wore armour I liked less underneath.

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Lol, what the heck? Why do we have a red Raven? And a purple phoenix? Why did they change the color? Why do I keep being reminded of better things in Koala? It looks like they just half assed it right there.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  7. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

At a guess, they changed the colors to match what the armors are made out of. That said, I haven't played an updated version in some time, so I don't actually know if that's true.

8. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

This is true. When it was split from a 10 tier system into a 6 tier 3 class system, the materials were changed and as a result, the colors.
    I must say I miss the old coloration for Avian armors especially, however I understand the reasoning. Besides, since dyes are a thing, it isn't much of an issue.

9. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Are there dark dyes? It just seems kind of weird that the Avians would make a red raven armor set...unless the Avian raven is red.

10. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

No, the previous sets were still made out of the 'correct' materials for their colour - the black armour was made of black stuff and red made of red stuff, etc. They changed what they were made out of as well as their colour.
    They didn't have to change to change what each armour was made from, there's nothing connecting Ravens to Rubium or Macaws to Cerulium.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  11. Wingidon

Wingidon Phantasmal Quasar

Also there are dark dyes. Coal can be used for black dye.
    Come to think about it it doesn't sound too hygienic to use black-dyed gear, but who cares?