REQUEST Flower Dance outfit

Discussion in 'Mods' started by GretchStar, Mar 9, 2016.

1. GretchStar

GretchStar Void-Bound Voyager

Hello community! I just started my first year and got to the Flower Dance only to find that all the other girls got pretty dresses and I did not. What gives! I'm wondering if there's a way to mod character outfits only for events. I mean, if not, I'd be totally cool with wearing a frilly white dress while plowing my fields, that's cool too. :D

• StardewLaunchPlayer

StardewLaunchPlayer And Do the MONKEY!

I would love this as well!

• Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Funny being Harvest Moon Back to Nature for Girls gave the player character a dress for that festival. Would be interesting if it was say a gift someone gives you in game as well. Say the first year "so and so" noticed you didn't wear the style of dress the others wore, or "for the guys" suit. So as a guy "Mayer" gives you his old hand me down suit. While as a Girl well same thing but someone else. It may be possible to make an item like this function through either the "Shoe" or "Hat" slot, just model it to cover the torso/legs/feet, etc etc. I think Foot Gear would work better than head though.

XaviiKinz likes this.
        • maquannas

maquannas Intergalactic Tourist

Yes please! I also disliked it that you don't wear a wedding dress when you get married but wear your normal clothes.. :(

Jaed likes this.
          • RedAlvis

RedAlvis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I mean, I wouldn't mind always wearing the flower dance outfit.. :nuruflirt:

• swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

me too....hope wearing beautiful flower dance dress and wedding dress ..^__^

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

I would like event outfits but I think it should be optional for the player as to which outfit. Some girls for example aren't into dresses and might prefer a suit instead.

• Glich

Glich Big Damn Hero

..are you suggesting it could be anyone other then Marnie, especially if Lewis offers the suit..?

• redeemer6666

redeemer6666 Void-Bound Voyager

As it stands I think the only way would be to make it a selectable outfit.
                    I don't think the modding community has completely figured out the coding side of things yet?

• Jaed

Jaed Industrial Terraformer

I got married yesterday and was pretty annoyed that Elliot gets a gray suit but my character has to wear her Mr. Greenjeans overalls to her wedding. Really?

It was bad enough to do that at the Flower Dance but really, at a completely scripted event the bride doesn't get a wedding dress??

• Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

• Jaed

Jaed Industrial Terraformer

Thanks for the suggestions. I just really think this needs to be changed within the game.

• Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

I see, then i don't know if there's anything that can be done, maybe ConcernedApe decides to change it in the next update?

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Here you go.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Now, I'm using the Get Dressed beta in order to put on that skirt, but you can always DL one of the many skirt mods. As you can see it's not perfect coloring wise on the skirt thing, but there's nothing that can really be done about that unless you wanted to color one of the skirt mods to precisely that shade of blue and white. You could compensate by coloring the shirt to match what the skirt would look like, but I've never really felt like doing that personally.

They replace shirts 89 and 90.

BTW, Jinxie, you're free to use this too along with the glasses accessory I shared. d:

EDIT: OH! I forgot to mention, I also have a lavender hoodie in there (shirt 2). This was my personal shirt mod for personal use. d:

EDIT2: To keep down confusion I deleted the file attached to this post. Scroll down for the newer better version.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
                            • sheetcakeghost

[​IMG]
                              Here's my boy at the festival in his outfit. Usually I dance with Penny because she's clearly having the most fun, but I danced with Elliott this year to show off the front of the suit. d: (Also usually I have the diversity mod Elliott in the game, but I had to re-install the game recently and haven't gotten around to replacing him yet.)

[​IMG]
                              Sashay, sweet girl.

eemie, Royalyspooky and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                              • sheetcakeghost

I got bored and made some more shirt varieties. You can find these from shirts 88-94.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
                                A white top for those that are bothered about the top and skirt not matching, and if you wonder what the backs of the suits look like they're identical to the back from the previous posts.

EDIT: Ha ha, forgot to add a screenshot for the tie one. Then forgot to change my pants color for the screenshot. d: If anyone wants to fix that wonky tie shading, btw, feel free. I stole it from Harvey, but he has a wider torso than the farmer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2016
                                • elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ooh! Much need...

sheetcakeghost likes this.
                                  • Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

I know might be stupid question but how do I make these work with the get dressed?

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

The shirts just go in your normal content/characters/farmer folder. The skirt is built in with the beta version of Get Dressed =)