RELEASED Configurable Improved Sprinklers + Scarecrow and Sprinklers area Highlights

This mod allow you to make your sprinklers water in whatever shape you want, and add area highlights

1. Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Maybe if you change the config key (in the config.json file) to a keyboard address that doesn't exist on a keyboard? Maybe the mod would throw out an error, but if it doesn't, you can't open the config menu in game because the key you assigned it to doesn't exist. Try some absurd (but not too absurd) number. Or a negative one, heh

kittenhead likes this.
    • kittenhead

kittenhead Intergalactic Tourist

Yep, that worked. For some reason I thought changing the key wasn't working so I didn't even bother. Derp.

• Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love this mod :x <3
        Now if only I could put a scarecrow on top of the sprinkler :rofl:

• Watts533

Watts533 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You know, I always mean to thank modders for their work right away, and then I get... I dunno, distracted, I guess. This is awesome, and it works exactly as intended for me. I love it! The original radius for the low-end sprinklers made them almost worthless (or, at a minimum, annoying and constantly in the way) - now, they work great! Also, having a visual for the scarecrows might be the most useful thing ever in the history of ever. Thanks!!!

• laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

1.1 update?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Nova25

Nova25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Automatic balancing, sprinkler monetary value, and crafting cost increase as you increase the sprinkler area, ensuring the game stay balanced.
              • You CAN cheat though, in two different ways, but I won't explain how, this is for the more adventurous people to mess with.
              So... Has anyone figured how ? Can anyone tell ?

(EDIT : Ah, yes... Simple enough. So, for people who want to use a *cheat* like a cheat should be used... without nonsensical moral quandaries :
              -Just edit the config file with a word program, like Wordpad or Notepad++.
              -0 means 'Nothing there' / 1 means 'watering there, changed by player, apply ''balancing''' / 2 means ''watering there, ''normal'' game radius, don't apply ''balancing'''.)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
              • Talmatia

Talmatia Void-Bound Voyager

has this been updated recently?

• Nova25

Nova25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wish the author of this mod would update it (Stardew 1.1/1.11 and SMAPI 1.0+/1.8)... and perhaps put it on the Nexus website too ?
                  It would be great.

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

This mod is "abandoned". @Entoarox has kindly updated it to be compatible with 1.1/current SMAPI and it works perfectly. You can download it right here on the forums at:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-entos-home-of-abandoned-mods.125031/

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

Mod now has official version for Stardew 1.11 and SMAPI 1.8, thanks to Jesse and Pathoschild.

Now if you people want more features, you can request, since I am back to update it.

• OrSpeeder

If you got 2.2, redownload 2.3 please... I made a minor mistake.

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome back!

Request: area highlights for Junimo Hut and Bee House please as below?

Acerbicon and HopeWasHere like this.
                          • OrSpeeder

Will do as soon I reach those on my playthough, so I can test them properly (cheat-based testing on a too new game seemly breaks stuff too easily... so I decided to start a proper game to "spawn" testing save files from it)

quirkyquark and Acerbicon like this.
                            • xFaK10

xFaK10 Orbital Explorer

I'm getting this error :c
                              [19:28:55 WARN SMAPI] Better Sprinklers used Extensions.AsInt32, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. It will be removed soon, so the mod will break if it's not updated.

• Rek

Rek Tentacle Wrangler

Is there any reason why this mod doesn't edit the initial watering area?

• Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

I received this error as well.

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

OrSpeeder: To get rid of that AsInt32 error, you just need to update a few spots in SprinklerMod.cs

You're currently using infoSplit[1].AsInt32, and it'll need to be changed to int.Parse(infoSplit[1].ToString())

I think there were 3 usages of .AsInt32 that need to be replaced, IIRC. I tested it out locally, and changing that gets rid of all the SMAPI warnings.

• OrSpeeder

Yes.

What the mod does is ADD more water, it never 'removes' water from a tile.

The reason I did this way, was to guarantee the mod was more compatible with random changes that the vanilla game might have, and with unexpected game mechanics, the first prototypes I made, that could actually remove water from tiles, were too easy to cause bugs (for example "unwatering" tiles during rainy days...)

Sadly the game behaviour on how watering work is very hardcoded and hard to mod... In fact my mod just runs completely separate from the game vanilla behaviour, it lets the game normal watering process work, and then it does its own thing on top.

qws25 likes this.
                                      • mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, is it currently compatible with SV 1.2.x?