RELEASED Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good to hear!

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Ooh, I suddenly had an idea for this editor. How about being able to edit the Museum? I personally don't even care much about adding (or removing) items. I mostly care about being able to relocate them after finishing all the minerals and artifacts!

• bararaqsigh

bararaqsigh Void-Bound Voyager

This may be a stupid question, but what does the "Is bloom day?" option mean?

• stefanhaan

To be quite honest, I'm not sure. I came across it in the code a few times but that's been a while, so I forgot what it was actually for.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Could it refer to the cherry blossom petal days?

• stefanhaan

Could be..

However if you mean the effects of having "petals" across your screen (Like rain), that is the "Weather: Debris" option if I'm not mistaken.

• curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For the time being, there's a mod for that: Museum Rearranger

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

You're a lifesaver! Many thanks! I haven't been able to properly check the forums the past few weeks (I only check my Alerts) due to time constraints, so that mod flew under my radar.

• dintern

dintern Astral Cartographer

Hi, is there any way to edit the save so that we can have both the dog and the cat pets?

• stefanhaan

Not at the moment, it might be possible to have them both. However I have not experimented with it before so I can't tell how the game would react on it, might be that it just crashes.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

There was a thread about adding more cats/dogs or adding the other one. Let me find it.

Here it is: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/cat-and-dog-at-the-same-time.110225/

Haven't used it myself, though I'm considering it. Not am I sure if it still works, but it is worth a shot?

• FuzzyPasha

FuzzyPasha Void-Bound Voyager

Great tool, thanks a bunch!!!

I am on my second play-through about 70 hours into it but could just not find an ancient seed.

Thanks to this editor I added one to my inventory, went to the Museum and got the rare seeds to plant.

One major thing I noticed is that although it's in the museum, it was never added to my Collections page! Can this please be a fix in the next patch.

Many thanks,

Fuzzy

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

You could try dropping the seed on the ground from the back pack screen and picking it up?

Also, I had a question, though I don't really expect this to be done now if ever. Would it be possible to make a farm on the farm planner web app, then download it to Chucklefish? Or would it be a waste since you said you wanted to implement more tools and such, whereas the farm planner doesn't have the different kinds of crops as far as I last checked? Just curious, thank you for your time.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

You mean... Chicklet, right?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Yes. Apparently Chucklefish is in my index of autocorrects, or in this case, autowrongs. But yes, I did mean Chicklet.

• MayaMayhem

MayaMayhem Master Chief

My recently upgraded (in-game) steel watering can was somehow reset back to a basic one. Having recently pulled my save up in Chicklet not long before to make some unrelated inventory adjustments, I figured I'd just accidentally clicked a base watering can while last running Chicklet. So, I tried running the program again to remove the seemingly glitched/reset can & put back in a leveled one, but I now find that (regardless of which type) when I edit one into my inventory, it resets to a base "Watering Can" as soon as I load the save..

Any idea how to fix this?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, this was just discussed in the other Chicklet thread. (Kinda confusing that it has 2 threads.)
                                    You can edit the save file yourself manually using that instruction... Or another fix is installing CJB's Item Spawner as a mod and just spawn the right watering can into your inventory and deleting the old one

MayaMayhem likes this.
                                    • MayaMayhem

MayaMayhem Master Chief

Ah thanks a lot for the reply.. I meant to say something, because I managed to figure that out later in the night. There was just a discrepancy between the watering can entries in my character savefile vs SaveGameInfo. Just copied the entry for copper from backups, added a few rain totems & iron bars to my inventory to make up for the wasted time & went back to Clint. Seems stable.

Nurio likes this.
                                      • tigergirl158

tigergirl158 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any other way to download this, rather than from Mediafire? I'm having a weird issue where I enter the captcha correctly, click "Authorize Download", and the page simply refreshes. It's happened several times, kinda weird

• vroomsegway

vroomsegway Void-Bound Voyager

so when are you going to update this? Im getting really impatient...