Dev Blog 6th May - Long since forgotten...

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, May 6, 2016.

1. Ryan Draconis

Ryan Draconis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps a new door to fit the theme is in order, but otherwise I'd love to spruce that place up and set it as a home. I love these type of dungeons, a nice place just waiting to be claimed with perhaps a hidden secret that needs to be checked first.

2. Zebak

Zebak Void-Bound Voyager

An abandoned library... part of a monastery / temple or a shogun castle... and during a storm, sure looks ominous and awesome.. oh, this place sure promices a great tale..

as might have been said before, turning the lights off and a new door might add to the atmosphere..

3. T0T1

T0T1 Void-Bound Voyager

That new block looks amazing, the structure is very well made, but you should make a new door for it (like an exclusive to this dungeon).

4. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Well that's certainly a single static image about which very little can be adduced. I find it very atmospheric, like a noir Kurasawa movie, but... for all I know just off camera is a really tacky 1970s wall-panelled den with the end-goal treasure chest just sitting in the middle of the room. Maybe you only had ideas for the front room and everything fell apart. Who knows? It's a mystery - JUST LIKE A GOOD NOIR SHOULD HAVE! It works on so many levels!

I am now eager to see this dungeon for myself. I am also eager to start playing Nightly again - anyone interested in helping me do that should head over to Nightly Builds Support and visit
    NIGHTLY WON'T LAUNCH - ERROR 10810 because I've been literally talking to myself for three days and am starting to go a tad crazy.

5. Geoul

Geoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see an hour or two's worth of work to matter manipulate the whole dungeon away for settlement parts

6. Osucarus

Osucarus Astral Cartographer

It will be interesting if there's codex or a book that tells the glorious days before the site became ruins.

7. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

One thing I do really like about the Hylotl assets is the antique radio you find. It fits perfectly with the Hylotl culture and everything.
    It would be really cool if there was a galactic radio station or two that you could listen to while walking or something like that.
    It'll probably be (or is) a mod, but adding it into the base game would be nice.

8. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

I'm guessing which ever hylotl lives here has a sword which can only be sheafed after the sword knows the taste of the blood of either the owner or some other person

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  9. Rainseeker

Rainseeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like it - it seems very peaceful and mysterious, especially with the rain. Maybe you could add water drips from the rain? Maybe some tiles could have a chance to leak?

10. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

Dark mansion (?) full of agressive samurai-like Hylotls. This is awesome!

11. thereap3r16

thereap3r16 Space Spelunker

its a human dungeon look at the armor

12. rodtodd

rodtodd Space Hobo

Armagon, are there going to be dragon sized beasts on this new world template?

13. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

That is his character not a npc, If any humanoid npc show up at all it's going to be either Hylotl or Floran, Knowing how Hylotl and Floran fight a lot they'll probably have the Hylotl in cages.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  14. ECFOX

ECFOX Void-Bound Voyager

what are the item ids of the solarium tier objects?

15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Of course you do Alu.
    [emoji14]

16. SilverDarkBlade

SilverDarkBlade Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love how this dungeon looks. But i agree, special Dungeons should have a trigger box around it that can change to special music.

17. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Now all I need is my boat the link clothes and a crew mate to be dressed really stupid to represent tingle and this music
    And I will be all set for ocean planet exploring.

Jareix Cryvix and Marxon like this.
  18. FearnWAZZA

FearnWAZZA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my. My body is SOO ready for 1.0 with so many more dungeons the game is going to feel bigger and more bad ass than ever!

19. catmonkshiro

catmonkshiro Phantasmal Quasar

I really love the new blocks and items they're adding to the new dungeons. I really hope we'll be able to craft/ create some of these blocks... i've been itching to do more with the ornate tiles and roof in my builds but i hate shredding NPC homes for the materials.

20. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

To those wanting to craft blocks instead of destroying villages for materials... Block Table Plus Mod

Your welcome.