Dev Blog 6th May - Long since forgotten...

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, May 6, 2016.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Evening folks!

I've been juggling around quite a few tasks this past couple of weeks, but in the breaks in between I've been happily chipping away at a new dungeon. It's been a while since I've gotten to design one of these, so I've been relishing the opportunity to tackle a concept I've had knocking around in my head for a long time.

[​IMG]

It's still a work-in-progress so I'd love to hear what you guys think. Have a great weekend everyone!

viIe, Unclever title, Fae and 20 others like this.
  2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I really like this dark, shady and mysterious atmosphere. I'd dwell there.
    If only there was music for that mood. Common upbeat planet music ruins it...

3. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

A haunted monastery atop the mountain? X3

IvoryOwl and Astrih Konnash like this.
  4. Ceois

Ceois Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks amazing! Please stop teasing and give us 1.0 :)

5. Sephir

Sephir Aquatic Astronaut

I second that, it should fit a more immersing music in those kind of more special dungeons.

Flake13, legodude2 and foreck like this.
  6. Vuelos

Vuelos Void-Bound Voyager

Looks good but the door don't match with the rest of the scene

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Abandoned places... Along those lines? Actually like the concept, although... I'd imagine maybe a few or couple areas might have creature infestation. Generally like the look of that one, being run down a bit cloaked in the shadows. :nuruhappy:

FearnWAZZA likes this.
  8. Pinaz993

Pinaz993 Void-Bound Voyager

That looks like an open dragon maw. I like.

9. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ultra Lilodon boss plz

HI-MAX² likes this.
  10. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

It looks nice, With all that plant life growing through it i'd think some sort of plant creature could be living there.

11. chaosangel209

chaosangel209 Void-Bound Voyager

Looks great, just with another door.

12. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

If it is a library then please give a ton of codexs. There is currently no good way of collecting them beside raiding villages and such.

FearnWAZZA, Flake13 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  13. CyborgChimp

CyborgChimp Void-Bound Voyager

if it's abandonned, lights should be out. But if someone, or something, is "taking care" of the place, then there could be some sort of shadow-y lighting around the building.

14. avator999

avator999 Void-Bound Voyager

YAAY! I like this! its been awhile since I expected that.

15. floranhungry

floranhungry Void-Bound Voyager

I've been watching these be built from the base up and they are incredible! The time put into it shows. I found one on a planet for the first time and almost screamed.
    while i'm here, REDO AGARAN DUNGEONS :D

16. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

You know, it'd be interesting to see an NPC AI that actually avoids light and actively attacks from out of sight... Just have them flee from light above certain levels like they would from hazards and attack with throwing weapons. Enemies like that would fit perfectly for a dark dungeon like this, especially with plenty of ceiling rafters and hiding places to ambush from... I'm seriously liking this design. We need more mega dungeons. I really liked the glitch one! catacombs or something like that as a dungeon would also be really cool...

FearnWAZZA, baconsama25, Joft and 5 others like this.
  17. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Hm, digging through the ruined remains of an old Hylotl settlement in a thunderstorm? Sounds ominous, as does the thought of what we might find lurking there as we search for whatever might have been left behind.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  18. Ferrettomato

Ferrettomato Scruffy Nerf-Herder

An abandoned Hylotl library? Heck yes.

Yeah. That'd especially be cool when the player shines their flashlight on it, only to have it quickly dart away. Also, are you basically describing a ninja?

19. FloranAndHobbes

FloranAndHobbes Void-Bound Voyager

Florans misssed one?

I'm very curious to see which faction will be jealously guarding these ruins.

FearnWAZZA likes this.
  20. Cnor

Cnor Orbital Explorer

I'd live there.