Dev Blog 29th April - Don't cross the streams!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's there, and it's enabled by playing at anything but casual difficulty, as the Character Creation screen tells you.

2. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

thanks for all the work you guys have down over the past weeks :nuruflirt:

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Heh, yeah. I'll likely have to wait until Frackin'Universe is made compatible with 1.0 when it's released before I play it...just because I love the FU mod SO MUCH. There's several others that I love just as much, as well...but...this one is like...a core one, since it's one of those that would require a new universe to create in order to use it properly (or go to new sectors, which I hate, heh).

That said...time to watch the video and see more information about all the new stuff! :D

EDIT: Ok, so I just finished watching the video. I can SORT OF understand not having Ice biomes being able to appear on Volcanic planets (though having straight up major biomes instead of just small biomes wouldn't hurt, imo)....but...my question is this: Will VOLCANIC biomes be able to appear on ICE/FROZEN planets? I mean, just cause they're super cold, doesn't mean they don't have volcanoes!

Also...will there be different TYPES of volcanoes? Like...how some planets in OUR OWN solar system have volcanoes that don't release magma, but release things like...methane, water, etc.

Not really sure on what liquids are in the base game right now...so that's just an idea, heh.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix and AsmodeanMage like this.
  4. DWAlpha

DWAlpha Pangalactic Porcupine

Now you're all just teasing us. *pulls out a lawnchair and gets comfortable*

5. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On the generic quests topic, another feature that could be added to the player's ship are ship jobs, it can be cargo/VIP deliveries, ship vigilancy/bounty hunting and so on, it would be easy enough to add to the game, you got all the tools to do such.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  6. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

yes, but then we wait LONGER for 1.0.
    They aren't going to stop developing the game anytime soon, so we'll get these features. We just have to be patient.

7. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now Hiring! Staff Wanted!
    I'm so happy thy're adding generated staves to the game. They are such a cool weapon class, but weren't very useful and didn't have many variations.

I also have a suggestion for penguin mercenaries. What if the highest tier mercenary is a penguin tank? It can follow you around, shooting things with it's tiny tank! You could also hop on the back and ride them, like in my profile pic i made. It would be a tiny tank taxi. A Tinkxi!

8. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

You might be happy to know that @sayter has been, for months now, taking things out of Nightly/Unstable and putting them in his mod even on the Stable versions of the mod, lol. I'm pretty sure his mod will be ready either on release day or if not, within a few days, tops.

So no fears there. My main concern is with Avali, if 1.0 is bringing all kinds of new racial goodies... like cutscenes, missions, etc... Avali will seem... I don't know, drab or something if it's missing all of these things (kinda like the respawn animation). I mean absolutely no offense by this, as the people maintaining Avali are just a small team and the respawn animation is a huge pile of work for something so small.

Caudyr likes this.
  10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Consider the Felin. Basically, one man.

And I've got my species-specific ship at the end of the intro mission ;)

11. Electro Bro

Electro Bro Void-Bound Voyager

could you please add a type of staff that is used more melee like? it would be very cool i think.

12. Arsakes

Arsakes Phantasmal Quasar

Will there be another stable version release before 1.0?

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Probably not, because a lot of stuff you see on nightly is part of 1.0?

14. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Will we ever get mannequins to put are clothes on?

15. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was just playing the nightly, and found out that staves have secondary abilities! Hallelujah! When you charge right click it generates a field that gives you buffs when you stand inside. Currently, there is healing, bouncy and low gravity. Tanks so much ChuckleFish for making my favorite weapons even cooler!

16. Arsakes

Arsakes Phantasmal Quasar

I agree, the work on staves - awesome!
    It would be great to see some stave-environment interaction to really get the feeling of high-tech magic. I mean something like: activating portals, opening doors, moving special blocks, triggering meteor storms, freezing water into ice and vice versa.
    They have soooo much more potential than just simple weapons.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix and Johnnyloo like this.
  17. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

I actually really like how the staves are turning out, they seem useful now :) Plus, I kinda like the fact that even thought it's looking like a magical staff, it's still possible to say its just a super technologically advanced long distance control rod with cool effects. Kinda like a teleguided plane, but with more practical uses ;)

FearnWAZZA likes this.
  18. FearnWAZZA

FearnWAZZA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure what others think, but i personally feel like weapons are slightly too common. I feel like the game was kinda more exciting back ages ago when weapons were rare to come across. Also slightly increasing their rarity would make the whole 'procedurally generated' aspect of weapons make each one feel more personal and have self value. especially now there is all these elemental effects and such.

19. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Commenting the video: I would like to be able to give my crew helmets. I do not want my soldier to go to war on a alien planet in a silly hat or with a mohawk, i want him to wear a helmet i have set for him.

They are "psy staffs". So they are arguably "science" but with a flare (simular to the biotics in the mass effect universe) :D

That said, anyone would be thinking "magic" :p (or "space magic").

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  20. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

Maybe there could be a second pop up after the fisrt one that ask if we want to put the hat on or not. I don't think this would be much harder to add, thought I admit I know nothing of programmation and thingies of the sort.