1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

Optimization!

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Akitatsu

Akitatsu Void-Bound Voyager

Is the milk seed made from a standing liquid like water or from the little milk cartons that you can buy at the terromart?

3. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

There's seeds for both. The standing liquid is separate from the milk cartons.

4. Akitatsu

Akitatsu Void-Bound Voyager

thank you. i havent seen any free standing yet and wanted to be sure that it was in fact 2 different things

5. Completionist97

Completionist97 Big Damn Hero

Downloaded your mod last night, admined the ultimate seeds to check them out, ultimate liquid gave me 640 PGI? Log indicates that coffeeliquid isnt an item. Great timesaver mod otherwise. Especially when trying to build a Frackin' Universe Lab.

Quick query: is there a gardenbot plant? (Gardenbot 2.0 rebooted mod) that would be awesome. Or scary. My gardenbot army could be growing more gardenbots!

6. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

No. Doesn't stop you from growing the crafting materials for more robots, though... :nuruhappy:

7. greenRAM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm always having trouble with those ultimate plants. Easy fix. Deleted coffee from the treasure pool. I'll include the fix in the next full update. I really want gardenbot plants now.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  8. M4ck

M4ck Void-Bound Voyager

I love how fast you still are to react to found problems, however tiny they may be.
    There still seems to be something fishy with ultimate plants regarding what they are crafted from and what can they drop - like Uranium pieces. Plants don't require them to be crafted, but they still drop sometimes. Same with Solarium. Yet another thing to tidy up in treasurepools, I guess.

Kennethern likes this.
  9. greenRAM

Crafting tables?

10. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

Would it be feasible to add an option to customize the rate of growth for ore plants? I personally like them to grow slow so that I still have incentive to mine, but others may want it fast for easy access to resources.

11. greenRAM

There are two options that I've been thinking about to achieve this:

First, we could create a new initial tier for each of the ore plants. This will take a good amount of time, but allow for more varied play styles. If you want a faster plant you can always upgrade it from there. We could even make the initial upgrade to our current initial tier fairly cheap.

Alternatively, we could implement the vanilla watering system. There are automated watering mods now, so I'm no longer against this idea. Being forced to water crops tends to slow down harvesting. And, if you still want faster harvests you can implement an automated watering system. This will also take some time to implement, as I'd want to implement this with all of the plants if I'm going to implement it for the ore plants.

Doing both is an option, but maybe not right away. Any preference on which change to implement first?

12. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

I was thinking something along the lines of Minecraft mods' config files, but I guess that wouldn't really work because of the .pak format. That said, I really like the idea of a sort of 'tier 0' for ore plants. Thanks for the input!

13. greenRAM

lol Yeah, even if a config file was possible, it wouldn't be possible for me. I can do the art and very simple object design, but I don't have any technical expertise beyond that. That's sort of why no matter how big this mod gets it stays pretty simple in its overall design. Create an object, create a recipe, and then create a treasurepool. Anyone can do it, given they have an image editor and a text editor.

Thank you for the feedback. All the best ideas for this mod has come from feedback on here. Well, alll but the poop plant. That was my idea.

14. greenRAM

New plant Tiers!? Bug fixes!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    KateisLost likes this.
  15. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

In the current Nightly, compressed (.modpack formatted) mods crash the game. This is one of my go-to mods, in which case I wanted to ask if there's an unpacked mod somewhere in your heart for mine happiness shall feast?
    Whenfor thou shalt have mine love!

16. greenRAM

I use Modpackhelper. Just stick it in your mod folder and open the bat file. It will pack or unpack any mods you have. I'll make sure to upload the next update without the .modpack formatting.

Link to Modpackhelper: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/upbeat-giraffe-win-linux-modpackhelper-v0-9b.92473/

17. greenRAM

floran objects! Money plants?!

18. Aldarion80

Aldarion80 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm trying your mod in today's update day 30/4, but gives an error in the seeds of burnt effect, here I leave the paste, so you check it if you want to continue giving support to the 1.0

http://pastebin.com/Fs4fHBkB

19. Aldarion80

Aldarion80 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@greenRAM I've looked at the code and you have here what you must modify the 1.0 or the current nightly, tested by my is these lines.

" statusEffects': [
    {
    "effect": "burning"
    }
    ],

now would be 1.0 this:

"stat": [
    {
    "effect": "Burning"
    }
    ],

20. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I'm actually curious if GreenRAM is updating this via the nightly in preparation for 1.0...so that there will be a minimum amount of time necessary to update it at that point, and so that the update time isn't piled on all at once.

Also...have you reconsidered having some of these things be in SEPARATE folders? Like...a folder for ores and liquids (and normal block materials)...one for each of the race's decorative items, etc.

Basically...make it a little more organized. I get that you want it 'all in one'...but...I'd like to be able to use say...the ores and materials only parts, without being able to grow things like...a door. :rofl:

I like the idea, and if they exist in the game I'm SURE TO USE THEM...but I'd rather not, which is why I'd like to see that sort of separation possible. ^^

Kennethern likes this.