WIP StarDOPE VALLEY: adding CANNABIS as a mod to SDV. update: 5/4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Delta9

Delta9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's great!! I love the indica and the hybrid.

taintedwheat likes this.
    • squidspeaker

squidspeaker Subatomic Cosmonaut

See while I don't really support the legalization of cannabis for recreational use, I support it for other conventional uses, like making cloth, rope, paper, ect. Probably wont download this mod, but this is nice to see.

Keep up the work!

• kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

Well, looks like someone beat me to the art. I've been sick so that's why I haven't done anything... Looks good though.

• Delta9

Please still do art too, there's more than enough for the both of us. :nod:

MayaMayhem and taintedwheat like this.
          • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

i'm sorry you've been sick! please don't think there's a rush to do anything D: D: D:

• Delta9

Btw, I couldn't wait, so I already tested a couple of the options subbed in for hops. [​IMG][​IMG]

lannihamm and taintedwheat like this.
              • taintedwheat

dude, you're so sick for doing this!
                how do you feel about them so far?

• Delta9

The purple on the leaves looks just slightly too bright in game, in contrast with the slightly more muted greens. you might want to mute that down a tad. maybe also add like a "transition" color between the purple and the green, the sharp difference is more eye catching when the plants are in size perspective with the sprites. I can only tell you for the current growing stage, too. But this is also just detail nitpicking, and I definitely love it! It's beautiful, we're on a great track! I can't wait to see it all come together.

Hops is staying as weed until further notice, it's too much fun to not. X3

• taintedwheat

no name.png

i decided it'd be much easier to just use a vanilla portraits base to start recreating my ideal character and work layers upon it. (i mean, it should be quicker now that I have what I want the face to be for awhile now, etc) Originally I was going to use notsnuffle's filipina caroline mod, but since the artist herself is against the use of marijuana it, as a person who believes on taking ethical highgrounds I refuse to use someone's work --if they're not OK with the subject topic itself.

I mean, god, thanks for wasting three days of my time avoiding to respond to my post with a straight-forward no, instead of just skating around the topic to make me feel bad as a person. Like I seriously was crying because I felt so bad that I like made someone uncomfortable. I got super emotional about it because I felt guilty and bad like I was trying to pressure someone, but really, no --instead it was the way of responses that lead me on to believe it'd be OK until receiving a shitty push-off.

Like, I am still seriously upset by that. I understand where people are coming from, and I want people to know where people like me are coming from --stop wasting people's time and feelings just because you think how you're approaching the situation would be the best fit. It's not.

As an artist and a human being I respect people's decisions when it comes to personal decisions and art/art credit of any kind. What I'm not OK with is not being direct and avoiding getting straight to the fucking point.

/huge rant i needed to get out, over. idk, CBT tactic and I so needed to use it right now.

How does this look?
                    420 crops.png

[​IMG]

MayaMayhem, Delta9 and lannihamm like this.
                    • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

Absolutely. The rationales usually behind *not* being direct and/or precise when talking to other people are silly. It wastes time and causes unnecessary confusion that could be completely avoided. Since we are discussing marijuana in this thread, precision of language is even more important when trying to articulate your personal beliefs (especially when other people may or may not be asking for your assistance/permission/input with this or that).

Just say what you mean the first time, clearly and plainly, so other people don't misinterpret your words. If you don't, and someone does misinterpret what you meant, it is entirely your fault.

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • taintedwheat

Seriously, thank you.

Like, yeah, I understand maybe you don't want to deal with someone's reaction forthcoming at first, but avoiding the inevitable just creates a bigger snowball effect. Honestly though, it seems like nowadays people find it easier to try to manipulate others into overthinking things and cause unnecessary strife and just can't fathom the importance of being accountable -- being straight up and real.

Damn...it's like grow up. Like, the majority of us in this subsection of the forums are adults -- let's at least fucking act like it and address each other as so.

MayaMayhem and lannihamm like this.
                        • Devbacca

Devbacca Void-Bound Voyager

I'm SO rooting for this! Keep up the great work everybody!

Delta9 and taintedwheat like this.
                          • Delta9

OMG the Hybrid buds are so pretty, that's great! Well done!
                            [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
                            • taintedwheat

awwh! i like! :D

• taintedwheat

stage/level 1.5 of NPC portrait:
                                no name2.png

going to make the second and first before last frames where she's looking blazed as hell.

• taintedwheat

I was on thinking. lolol, how about like a cannabis TOOL?

VAPE PENS: RUNS ON BATTERIES AND HONEY OIL CARTRIDGES.
                                  CAN MAKE OTHER VERSIONS TOO THAN BURN CONCENTRATE AND BUD INSTEAD

That way there is still use for the rolling table. And batteries.

MayaMayhem and Delta9 like this.
                                  • Delta9

YAS!! Oooh, what if once you've crafted one of each kind, then can you craft a combo one that can do all three?

MayaMayhem and taintedwheat like this.
                                    • taintedwheat

DUDE that sounds so amazing. I kinda want to make it like a heart requirement [if I can] to get that legit combo one haha. n____n

• Delta9

My current IRL vape is a combo, so I had inspiration. ;) If I do the art for those, I might use the Vuber series for models because they're more distinct than other series of types of vapes. Easier to represent in a 16x16 space. What do you think?

taintedwheat likes this.
                                        • taintedwheat

I think that is super dope! I would love to see them! So cheyah man sounds great n___n

Dude, I lost my combo pen, I have no idea where it is. I think I left it in our non-smoking motel room in Berkeley. @_@; Karma.
                                          Now i usually use those cheapo co2 usb ones for now (if I choose to use them) xD