Finally got all of the artifacts!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barbieshangover, Apr 30, 2016.

1. barbieshangover

barbieshangover Star Wrangler

I've logged about 140 hours on SV. With two characters. (It's very addictive!). Finally on my main character I managed to get all of the artifacts. It took 5 in game years! Was that just me being slow? Or did any of you guys struggle to get the last couple of them too?

Have fully completed all collections now, apart from cooking, which I'm working on now. Nearly at 100% on the game. I don't know what I'll do afterwards!

irene21000, mrobake and Gabaw like this.
    • TheMediocreMrRook

TheMediocreMrRook Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm about to finish year 2 on my character and I only have the sloth femur and the two strange dolls left, though I think the strange dolls are supposed to be ridiculously rare and hard to find. Out of curiosity, what were the last few items you were looking for?

• barbieshangover

Actually I got loads of the strange dolls. I think it's different for everyone.

I was stuck on the Chicken Statue, Elven Jewellery and the darn Golden Mask.

The Golden Mask I got on my first trip to the dessert on my second character, but on my first I got 14 Golden Relics before I even found 1 Golden Mask!

irene21000 likes this.
        • primm

primm Phantasmal Quasar

Golden Mask droprate is actually pretty high. I only need the strange dolls still. After doing some research online I found out that the best chance to obtain them is by digging the dirt in the mines.. something I've never done before. I have a feeling it's going to take a while still before I have them both. Did you get them by mining/digging or by fishing treasure?

• TheMediocreMrRook

It took me a while to get the elven jewelry and chicken statue. Funnily enough, I managed to get both of them one day fairly early on, then forgot I had them and restarted the day when I got to midnight and realised I'd forgotten to give someone a birthday gift. I was headdesking pretty hard when I noticed what I had done.

I've gotten duplicates of ALL of the sloth skeleton pieces (especially the tail, where I'm up to double digits) but still no femur. Are the different bones assigned different areas? Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
            I got one strange doll (the green one, I think?) by digging up worms in the desert on an earlier save. When it comes to digging up stuff in the mines, I tend to just drop a mega bomb in big patches in the skull cave when I get to a level with a lot of sand. I only ever get clay, cave carrots, and sloth tails, though.

• barbieshangover

I think I got two of the dolls digging in the dirt in the mines. The one with the green shirt I've found by digging worms too.

• barbieshangover

By femur, do you mean the thinnest looking bone?

• TheMediocreMrRook

The leg one? I think it's called a femur. It looks like a typical dog bone type thing.

Nevermind, looked it up. The game calls it a tibia, the OTHER leg bone.

• barbieshangover

That one i only managed to get one of and that was by aimlessly digging up worms/sticks everyday. I can't exactly remember where, but it was in winter and I did a rotation of the whole map everyday on the horse.

Edit: it was definitely not in the forest though, more the town area, near the woodwork shop or it might have been near the spa.

• TheMediocreMrRook

The wiki says forest or railroad, so that sounds right. I generally go searching in a circle from my farm through mountain -> town -> beach, which explains why I've mostly gotten everything else.
                      Wiki says extremely low chance of finding them anywhere, including hoeing/bombing ground in the mines. It also mentions that you can get them from treasure chests while fishing, and that the chance of that is affected by your daily luck. I imagine though, given how intermittently you get treasure chests while fishing, that it would be smarter to go for the digging in the mines route.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Congratulations! You're not being slow. I'm three years in, mid-summer, and have found 6 artifacts. Ten, if you count three dwarven helmets, two prehistoric axes, and two prehistoric skulls (or something that definitely looked like that). Books, now: books I've found by the ton. It's as though someone emptied a library all over the place.

• barbieshangover

I only started finding lots of them when I was on a mission to complete the collection, I think that's why it took me so long.

• Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

I found a green doll in the mines. My inventory was full so to free up a space I used a bomb that had dropped from a monster. After reading this thread, THANK GOD I resisted the urge to leave it there and picked something to trash so I could donate it. I haven't focused on completing my museum collection yet, but just by doing other stuff I managed to get the rusty key (60 Artifacts & Minerals) within two years. But judging by the plethora of elvish jewellery, Ancient Dolls, Dwarf Scrolls 2-4 and dried Starfish the game keeps throwing at me, I think when I do it is going to be a frustrating process. I mean, I'm already pretty frustrated by the lack of Dwarf Scroll 1 and Dinosaur Egg.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

This is why I want there to be some sort of "Internet" you can get once you get to a certain point in the game...where you can go to an "auction" site that will have random items you can get, including an Artifacts section. Of course, you'll have to pay greater prices than they're actually WORTH...but...yeah.

Just give us SOMETHING that'll help to alleviate this process, please! =x

• gothtini

gothtini Yeah, You!

Nah I don't think you're being slow, I'm on year 4 I believe and I'm still trying to get the last two artifacts. One is the chipped item that you can supposedly find in town x.x The other is the golden mask, I swear I find the other golden relic constantly.

• DragonBorn5

DragonBorn5 Great Scott!

Damm you got my hopes up because the Femur is a weapon that im trying to get in SV but i don't know how:cry:

• barbieshangover

Persistence is key for the Golden Mask. I took a trip to the dessert everyday and it took 12/14 Golden Relics, but then finally the mask showed up!

• TheMediocreMrRook

Yeah, I always think of the tibia as the double leg bone (even though it's only one of the two, the other is the fibula) and the femur as the single leg bone, so when I saw the silhouette of a single leg bone I thought it was a femur.

Is there a point to collecting weapons in stardew other than just bragging rights? Can you put them on tables as decoration? I thought you could only do that with things that don't have a right click effect.
                                      The chipped amphora is actually pretty common; according to the wiki, it has a 4% drop rate from town worms. I'd suggest routinely going to the far east side of the town map (along the river, from the top north of joja mart to the ice cream stand), that's where most of the worms spawn in town. During winter, the north part of the map (the community center/playground area) also has a lot of worms.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

Man, congrats on getting all the artifacts!

I'm missing like... 12. And then the prism stone or whatever it is called, still haven't found it. I'm in the summer of year 4. ;_;

i think most of the ones i'm missing are in the mines, since i didn't realize you could find artifacts there

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I could've sworn someone said before that you could place ANYTHING on tables. All I can say is...try it?

I'm hoping for weapon/armor displays at some point, where you can proudly display the things you've gotten. =x